As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer 40,000: Angels, Bugs, & Power-armored Hugs

• Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Matrias: As a devout worshiper at the altar of the dreadnaught, I am saddened that my work has led you to that conclusion

*Looks around for watchers, finds none*

I too have my doubts about paying more than 250pts for a dread with standard armaments, regardless of WS/BS anything else.

OH GOD, WHERE DID ALL THESE DUDES IN RED ROBES COME FROM!

ARGGH!

I love dreads, especially Space Wolves - I have the ancient fell hand arm myself. But I play 1000 point games, so I can't justify Bjorn unless I'm playing more points or it's a giant team game.

That guy, though? I'd take him.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I brave the fire so you don't have to:
    They're in! Let the creative juices flow :), p.s. If female marines bother you, this is not for you

Link

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Is that Doctor Thunder?

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'd be okay with female marines if the people modeling them didn't model massive breast shaped power armor.

Matrias on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    in the grim darkness of the far future, there are only anatomically-correct breastplates

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    They're not even that, since I can't (or rather won't) imagine the anatomy of a woman that would require that much clearance to fit her tits.
    Matrias wrote: »
    I'd be okay with female marines if the people modeling them didn't model massive breast shaped power armor.

Exactly this.

No, it's not Doc Thunder. However, the GS boob protrusions on the armor are god damn ridiculous looking. From a 'realistic' perspective there's no point to them, since modifications to fit the female torso would be completely internal. From an aesthetic perspective, it looks like someone just stuck mounds on the chest piece.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have no problem with huge point sink character if they are Space Wolves. Only with Space Wolves though. It's kinda their thing.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    CounterspinCounterspin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have no problem with a point sink character as long as it will wreck shit on a regular basis, which I think that dude could. I love me some Nurgle chaos lord with demon weapon and wings for instance. Hunt MCs or just break units of enemy infantry. I always get those points back. I don't get the same vibe from Wolf Lord + Wolf claw +belt of russ for instance, even though he's cheaper than the double FB thunderwolf wolffang necklace dude.

Counterspin on
  • Options
    afeil117afeil117 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I just posted some pics, but it says a mod has to approve it or something

I don't know what you just tried to do, but all you need to do to post pictures is use image links.

Thats what I did. Ill try it again:

MM2.jpg
    DP_almost1.jpg
    DGfinished1.jpg

edit: must have had too many links in teh first one or something

Sir, we must have a chat. I don't know if I can afford you, but those are goddamn sexy, and I would like to see about a quote. I have to say I am always jealous of people with this kind of talent.

afeil117 on
    Rocko Is NOT Amused!
  • Options
    paintvagrantpaintvagrant Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    PM me, I can send you a price list that will give you an idea of pricing, and if youre still interested, we can talk actual quotes :)

paintvagrant on
    pvbanner.jpg
  • Options
    Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SJ wrote: »
    Gahmrious wrote: »
    Can someone give me some insight on Ork Kommandos, and when they'd be useful?

Use squads of at least 12, always buy two burnas, and a Nob with full kit, unless you're replacing him with snikrot. Really, kommandos are there to scare gunlines and take out artillery pieces. And if worse comes to worse and they have nothing like that to go after, they can be a late game reinforcement to hit a unit of marines or whatever from an unexpected corner. I love Kommandos.

I never infiltrate them, though. I always outflank.

1 word snikrot ya hes that awsome

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Snikrot is good at what he does, but he leaves the squad essentially useless against vehicles and things like Chaos Marines. I typically would choose a normal Nob with PFist, Armor and Pole for half the cost, and put a few more boys in the squad before I would take Snikrot. But if I was running two squads I'd take Snikrot without a second thought.

SJ on
  • Options
    Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    How does he fail against chaos? He carves up my damn marines every time he came off the board edge. Vehics i agree with you on as it does make him worthless against them.

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SJ: Chill out, I'm tossing this stuff out to get a response from people like you, who are obviously more perceptive than me. Can you really stack frost blades up to S 6? Yikes.

Who's freaking out, exactly? I was just pointing out the obvious.

And the SW book doesn't say you can't, so. FB used to be a PW that granted Str 5 to the user, now it's a PW that gives +1 str to the user, so.

Oh and you can give that item to that Lord to make him hit everything in CC on 3+ too if you want.

It doesn't have to; Frost weapons are Special Close Combat Weapons, therefore only one of them can be used at a time, excepting that you get an extra attack w/a pistol or whatever.

E: Or maybe not. Hm, p.42 is not nearly as clear as it could be.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You can use 2 special CC weapons at a time as long as they're the same weapon. Lightning claws being a prime example.

Counterspin on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, but all that does is give +1 attack you wouldn't otherwise get.

For frost blades, it is literally "A power weapon that adds +1 to the users strength."

sounds like he gets the +1 strength just for having it.

Matrias on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh, I agree. I think it stacks.

Sidenote: I think weapons that alter your statline only do so while they're actively being used. So for non-CC purposes I think his strength would be just 4(5 with thunderwolf).

Counterspin on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2009
    Sidenote: I think weapons that alter your statline only do so while they're actively being used. So for non-CC purposes I think his strength would be just 4(5 with thunderwolf).

Yep. I think the one and only exception to this are Tyranids.

Echo on
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    One of my goals in life is to get a T 7 Carnifex into a mob of Ork Boyz.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ...and watch him still die to the powerklaw.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Hidden power fists for the win!

Matrias on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2009
    ...and watch him still die to Typhus.

Next time I'm asking what's being proxied before charging.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Echo: So if you buy a +2 S ranged weapon for a Tyranid it actually increases their strength in melee? That doesn't sound right. There aren't any melee weapons in the codex that increase your strength are there?

Counterspin on
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What he meant was that you buy the strength upgrade to the base statline, and then when the weapon adds +2 strength, its going off the new upgraded statline, then adding the +2 str for the weapon.

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ah, gotcha. The adrenaline glands or whatever the S upgrade is called aren't weapons, so they're always on.

Counterspin on
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Details, details! Sure the Nob will put a wound on him each round, but he'll be tarpitting the unit good. Mostly the idea of watching 29 Orks desperately scrabble at something they can't hurt amuses me.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    tarpitting Orks is funniest when you throw a lone Sentinel into a mob of 20 or so that for some unfathomable reason do not have a powerklaw

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    My favorite is throwing an attack bike into a squad of guardsmen and watch them struggle to roll sixes for three rounds.

Once, he killed two guys, and the guard player fudged two leadership rolls in a row. I drove 20 guardsmen right off the table.

Matrias on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Matrias wrote: »
    My favorite is throwing an attack bike into a squad of guardsmen and watch them struggle to roll sixes for three rounds.

Once, he killed two guys, and the guard player fudged two leadership rolls in a row. I drove 20 guardsmen right off the table.

My favorite is throwing a damaged psyker battle squad at an attack bike, and watch as it desperately tries to kill them fast enough, and finally falls.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    tarpitting Orks is funniest when you throw a lone Sentinel into a mob of 20 or so that for some unfathomable reason do not have a powerklaw

If that happens though, those orks are just asking for it. I consider Powerklaws mandatory.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Powerklaws are mandatory.

Also, I wrote up a new 2k list for muh Orks if anyone's interested to look at it, but I gotta find it first...

SJ on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In a very epic game of trading blows, Altmann's Wolves defeated my Tau in a 500pt game tonight. The new Wolves are pretty awesome

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Show us the list, SJ

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    GahmriousGahmrious Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Powerklaws are mandatory.

Also, I wrote up a new 2k list for muh Orks if anyone's interested to look at it, but I gotta find it first...

prz shazre!!!

Gahmrious on
  • Options
    alqadimalqadim Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My partner at the shop dropped his jaw lol .. I am contemplating pinning my armorcast warhound to a nice base and using it as a trophy for first prize in our upcoming tournament ;P

alqadim on
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have to hand it to Nax, at first I was daunted by his 60!!! Tau models on the board in a 500pt game.

After the first turn though, it was pretty much meatgrinder time. Given, had he landed maybe 2-3 more wounds per round of shooting it could have easily gone his way. The highlite was my wolf priest single handedly charging and winning against 10 fire warriors then surviving a 15~ shot volley the next turn.

Also, in my first game, I went up against Chaos marines. It was an interesting tale if you want to read quickly:
    I was running 2 packs of Grey Hunters, one with a wolf priest, and a Lone wolf with StormShield and Mark of Wulfen.

This is the result:

Turns 1 & 2 Chaos berzerkers killed ALL 19 OF MY GREY HUNTERS AND WOLF PRIEST.

Lone wolf proceeds to kill the remaining 3 berzerkers. Same turn 5 plague marines disembark a rhino.

Lone wolf is literally surrounded by 5 plague marines.

Lone wolf is flamered, then shot 4 times by pistol. lives.

Lone wolf is assaulted. Dealt one wound, kills one plague marine. draw.

Lone wolf lasts TWO MORE TURNS of close combat (four assault phases!) before the game is finally called on turn 7 with him alive and surrounded by 3 plague marines, one of which has a power fist. He killed one more plague marine without receiving any more wounds.

Holy crap was that awesome and at the same time completely demoralizing. I thought I'd do better but as it turns out, my lone wolf killed more models than 19 grey hunters could. The SS and wulfen make these units completely awesome at tying down units. Not to mention he gets to re-roll hit on models with T5 which the plague marines were. All in all, I learned that I need to get RHINOs.

Skyclaws are way more fun than I gave them credit for.

Oh and don't ask nax about his sniper scouts. I think he wants to sell them now, if he hasn't purged them with fire yet :P

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dying in a fire would be too good for them. I am going to smash them with a hammer.

And yeah, I rolled pretty terribly all night :/

Nax on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    60 Tau models in a 500 point army? You need to get your men mechanized Nax!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The point was to go straight up gun line as the antithesis of Altmann's Wolves. We would win on our strengths, or lose on our weakness.

He ate me in CC because I just couldn't kill enough as they approached, because I was rolling far below average. But, at the end, there were some intense moments, and it was a lot of fun :)

Don't worry, in larger serious games, all Fire Warriors will more than likely have a fish :)

Nax on
  • Options
    Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nax wrote: »
    Dying in a fire would be too good for them. I am going to smash them with a hammer.

Line up your men, randomly select one. Place him front and center. SMASH HIM!! The others will NOW obey you and NOT fail another mission!!

Mystery.Shadow on
    WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.