As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Crazy [House] in the Crazy House

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, that also assumes that in the power vacuum his advisers will maintain power, instead of a coup against them. Or maybe the rebels coming in and killing a bunch of people. Or someone finding out about what Chase did and a bunch of Europeans getting murdered and the hardliners take even more power. Or any of a large variety of terrible things that can happen when someone outside a situation decides to play God.

Neaden on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited October 2009
    Neaden wrote: »
    Yeah, that also assumes that in the power vacuum his advisers will maintain power, instead of a coup against them. Or maybe the rebels coming in and killing a bunch of people. Or someone finding out about what Chase did and a bunch of Europeans getting murdered and the hardliners take even more power. Or any of a large variety of terrible things that can happen when someone outside a situation decides to play God.

Oh, I am not condoning at all; just stating that he had reason when it came to that specific angle.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yep.

We really need to get over using murder to justify murder. It's a problem. We human beings need to, you know, move beyond it. Eye for an eye, world blind, etc. All we're really doing is teaching everyone that, when push comes to shove it's okay to murder your enemies instead of making peace with them. It's sort of like the parent who beats his child for swearing and then wonders why the child stopped having a swearing problem and started having a hitting problem. And for a nation already wracked with violence, giving them a lesson in assassination isn't particularly logical. Or moral. Or ethical.
    God, what Chase did is so wrong on so many levels.

Melkster on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So how long are we going to spoiler things that occurred in episodes that are already over?

Terrendos on
    edited October 2009
    I've pretty much given up on it. Because seriously.

Melkster on
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Terrendos wrote: »
    So how long are we going to spoiler things that occurred in episodes that are already over?

Because not everyone has seen them? I think you should spoiler anything from the current season, imo.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tivo, Hulu, eight days, etc.

Elendil on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Thoughts on the new season:
    So, I like how House still shows some of the old House-isms, but they're subtly transformed into something good. Like kidnapping the asshole neighbour is something that old House would do, but old House would somehow shame him, torment him, whatever into relenting, but new House actually did something helpful and friendly.

Premier kakos on
    edited October 2009
    So, I like how House still shows some of the old House-isms, but they're subtly transformed into something good. Like kidnapping the asshole neighbour is something that old House would do, but old House would somehow shame him, torment him, whatever into relenting, but new House actually did something helpful and friendly.

Are you sure?
    The old House still wanted to solve medical mysteries, right? I could totally see him kidnapping the guy to solve his medical problem.

I think it was, objectively speaking, a "regression."

Melkster on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Melkster wrote: »

Are you sure?
    The old House still wanted to solve medical mysteries, right? I could totally see him kidnapping the guy to solve his medical problem.

Nah
    Old House would probably have shamed the guy using some element of his personal life to get his way, like the Canada thing

New House is actively helping the guy, not just solving a puzzle. He already knew what the problem was, all he was doing was relieving the guy's pain. Old House would not have done that

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    For spoilers it'd be nice, I think, if we used them at least until the day after the show is up on Fox's website. If you haven't watched it by then you probably aren't hanging out in a House thread anyway.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2009
    ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thanks, ElJeffe, I was hoping someone would.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Anyone who has knowledge that a crime is about to be committed and they don't report it is breaking the law, no exception. This is even covered in the ethical rules of doctors, lawyers, and psychologists. I don't know if it breaks the priest's vows, but that priest is not going to be much of a priest in jail. Or maybe he'll be the best priest, who knows?

Hoz on
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »

Are you sure?

Nah
    Old House would probably have shamed the guy using some element of his personal life to get his way, like the Canada thing

New House is actively helping the guy, not just solving a puzzle. He already knew what the problem was, all he was doing was relieving the guy's pain. Old House would not have done that

This was something that bothered me as well.
    Does it seem to anyone else that House has become more cavalier about breaking the law? Breaking into someone's apartment, drugging them, duct taping them to a chair, and forcing them to go through with some bizarre actions seems far, far beyond anything he was willing to do in the past.
    He breaks into peoples houses as a matter of course and once kidnapped a guy because he saw him on T.V and thought he was sick.

Neaden on
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Robman wrote: »
    Taub, Kutner and Amber were the only really interesting people in that entire crop of crappy new doctors, and two of them are dead.

So, so, true. Everytime I watch House lately I think this. I'd include Foreman in the group as well since he went downhill after season 3.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    edited October 2009
    Neaden wrote: »

Are you sure?

Nah

This was something that bothered me as well.
    Does it seem to anyone else that House has become more cavalier about breaking the law? Breaking into someone's apartment, drugging them, duct taping them to a chair, and forcing them to go through with some bizarre actions seems far, far beyond anything he was willing to do in the past.
    He breaks into peoples houses as a matter of course and once kidnapped a guy because he saw him on T.V and thought he was sick.

I loved that episode.

Melkster on
  • Teslan26Teslan26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Taub, Kutner and Amber were the only really interesting people in that entire crop of crappy new doctors, and two of them are dead.

So, so, true. Everytime I watch House lately I think this. I'd include Foreman in the group as well since he went downhill after season 3.

Concur'd

I really liked the chase element
    I love that he made such a strong decision knowing the consequences to himself. He really looked like he was struggling with it, which was well done.

As for the house kidnap - I was rather taken aback, and it was very much a regression. I do think he saw familiarity in the guys pain, and so perhaps there was some sympathy involved.

Teslan26 on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Foreman is a huge self-serving asshole and I have no idea why we have to put up with his presence.

And 13 has no personality aside from being a hot barsexual. Boo.

MrMister on
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    MrMister wrote: »
    Foreman is a huge self-serving asshole and I have no idea why we have to put up with his presence.

Because he's part of the cast and the writers keep writing scenes that he's in?

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Teslan26 wrote: »

As for the house kidnap - I was rather taken aback, and it was very much a regression. I do think he saw familiarity in the guys pain, and so perhaps there was some sympathy involved.
    It was such a 'Spock' moment.

DanHibiki on
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Teslan26 wrote: »

It was such a 'Spock' moment.
    More like

292px-sybok.jpg

I can feel your pain.

chamberlain on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Because he's part of the cast and the writers keep writing scenes that he's in?

I have no idea what positive qualities the writers think his presence contributes to the show.

MrMister on
    edited October 2009
    Foreman is in a tough spot. I don't know if it is the actor or the writing but there's nothing going on with him to get the audience on his side. On a soap opera he could be the devious ambitious character than everyone loves to hate, but on House there just isn't room for that. You can kind of see what the writers want to do by making him mini-House, but with House already there, played by a far more compelling actor, and who the show is all about, Foreman is doomed.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Foreman is stuck perpetually in the Not wanting to be house but having to use Houses methods quagmire to treat patients.

I get the feeling that the character is very angsty because of this.

Buttcleft on
    edited October 2009
    Foreman is in a tough spot. I don't know if it is the actor or the writing but there's nothing going on with him to get the audience on his side. On a soap opera he could be the devious ambitious character than everyone loves to hate, but on House there just isn't room for that. You can kind of see what the writers want to do by making him mini-House, but with House already there, played by a far more compelling actor, and who the show is all about, Foreman is doomed.

Foreman is self-serving in a way that House isn't. He wants the status just as much as the medicine; House was ready to walk away from the status (until the plot got in the way).

He's like a love-to-hate character, except I don't love to hate him. I just hate him.

And his trivial and annoying girlfriend.

MrMister on
    edited October 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Foreman is stuck perpetually in the Not wanting to be house but having to use Houses methods quagmire to treat patients.

You can't be angsty over the same ephemeral thing for 3 seasons and get any love. If that is the extent of Foreman's psyche he needs to get hit by a train.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Watching Foreman is like watching a NASCAR race where people keep crashing, but instead of explosions, they just right themselves and keep racing.

Clusterfuck with no payoff.

Houn on
    edited October 2009

You can't be angsty over the same ephemeral thing for 3 seasons and get any love. If that is the extent of Foreman's psyche he needs to get hit by a train.

I don't know if you intended this to be as funny as it is or not, but I'll explain why your comment is great if you don't know.

Omar Epps, the guy that plays Foreman, was also on ER.

Where he played an Angsty doctor, who eventually killed himself..by getting hit by a train.

Buttcleft on
    edited October 2009
    Weird. I never watched ER.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I don't know if you intended this to be as funny as it is or not, but I'll explain why your comment is great if you don't know.

Omar Epps, the guy that plays Foreman, was also on ER.

Where he played an Angsty doctor, who eventually killed himself..by getting hit by a train.

I really hope they make a joke about this

Robman on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dude pissed me off so much last episode.
    F: "I fired you to save our relationship!"

13: "...you couldn't have quit, or done a million other things?"

F: "lolwut?"

idiot.

Seriously, that was exactly what everyone I know thought too

I'd like to clarify that I don't hate Omar Epps, I think he is a fine actor, but his character is just an uninteresting jerk at this point

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, they should drop Foreman for a while. He's been the only consistent character on the team, outside of House of course. If we had 10-15 episodes without him, it would be fine by me.

Lucascraft on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dude pissed me off so much last episode.
    F: "I fired you to save our relationship!"

13: "...you couldn't have quit, or done a million other things?"

F: "lolwut?"

idiot.

Seriously, that was exactly what everyone I know thought too

I'd like to clarify that I don't hate Omar Epps, I think he is a fine actor, but his character is just an uninteresting jerk at this point

Plus he's a pretty good coach. You don't win a ring without some skills

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Yeah, they should drop Foreman for a while. He's been the only consistent character on the team, outside of House of course. If we had 10-15 episodes without him, it would be fine by me.

They should also use less Wilson I feel. I don't know why, but the House/Wilson duo just hasn't been flowing as naturally and interestingly recently. And outside of his interactions with House, he doesn't appear to do much for the show.

Cognisseur on
  • CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    He's House's only friend. Watson to his Holmes. More Wilson I say!

CaptainPeacock on
    Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'd love to see more Wilson. He hasn't had a story of his own since Amber died. I'd also like to see Taub come back and have some kind of story, since he really never has had anything major.

Vincent Grayson on
    edited October 2009
    I think a really interesting team would be Foreman/Chase/Taub under House, considering Chase's recent turn and having a nice turnaround where suddenly House has to play Mr Morality

Robman on
    edited October 2009
    I think a really interesting team would be Foreman/Chase/Taub under House, considering Chase's recent turn and having a nice turnaround where suddenly House has to play Mr Morality

Last time he tried to have an all male team Cuddy got her panties in a twist and forced 13 into the team.

Buttcleft on
    edited October 2009
    Which just proves how awful a person Cuddy is

Robman on
This discussion has been closed.