As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super[chat]ter

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2009
    I'm beginning to believe in the invisible sock eater. Where the hell do all my socks go?

Echo on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm going to write my own lengthy fantasy series called "Too Many Terrys"

Elendil on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    I'm beginning to believe in the invisible sock eater. Where the hell do all my socks go?

When you find out can you bring back the like 8 pairs of dress socks I lost?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    what the hell else am i supposed to do when i'm jerking off in your room

jerk off on the floor?

MikeMan on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Wow. That's fucking crazy.

Do you see any advantages to it or is it just how you've always played?

I can sympathize because, being left handed, I first started playing Halo Southpaw back in college and am firmly locked into it now. I have to pick southpaw for every FPS. But it probably sucks more for you because more games offer Southpaw than offer Legacy.

how i've always played. the day that console games stop offering legacy is well.. the day i have to stop playing console fps games.

although Valve is apparently actually patching legacy into all their games, they already did it to L4D 360.

And yeah it sucks when I really want to play a game and they just implement the barest control settings possible and call it a day

the only advantage of Legacy is that you can drive the warthog with the left stick only in Halo, that I can think of. I can't drive one at all with default controls.

advantage gets canceled out by the fact that it becomes very difficult to do the side barrel roll in the banshee

FyreWulff on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

jerk off on the floor?

Pillow case.

Thomamelas on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mouse Keyboard Forever

Ludious on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    From the KGB feed, which I bookmarked last night because I quickly got addicted to it (those are the guys with the commercial where spies answer bar trivia):
    What is a good way to open up a conversation with a girl?

You could ask: If you could have any super power, what would it be? or Who's your favorite Muppet? Good luck!

Women in this thread: tell us just how much these questions would not work.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    edited October 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Mouse Keyboard Forever

i play fpses using both

chew on that

FyreWulff on
    edited October 2009
    Telekinesis, Statler and Waldorf

Elendil on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    lbl-dd-slide-02.jpg

nexuscrawler on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Mouse Keyboard Forever

i play fpses using both

chew on that

you're dumb

Tav on
    edited October 2009
    the problem with Majora's Mask was that it was too good for people

Elendil on
    edited October 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    Mouse Keyboard Forever

i play fpses using both

chew on that

you're dumb

i'm sorry that I can actually use both control schemes and have better things to be a fanboy of

FyreWulff on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Afternoon, gents and ladyfolk.

TL DR on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Tim Leary, how was the trip?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited October 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    Mouse Keyboard Forever

i play fpses using both

chew on that

you're dumb

i'm sorry that I can actually use both control schemes and have better things to be a fanboy of

like cock

Tav on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Bigby's Crushing Thirst Destroyer and the Illithid one were pretty clever. The other names could have been better.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

eh?

TL DR on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    GAH

I am both extremely happy and angry at the same time.

Stupid goddamn dermatologist. Stupid stupid stupid stupid 'expert'.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited October 2009
    GAH

Are you getting the chop too?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited October 2009
    GAH

so it wasn't herpes

Elendil on
    edited October 2009

eh?
    How are you?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited October 2009

eh?
    How are you?

eh?

TL DR on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    GAH

Really, anyone could have mis-diagnosed leprosy.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wait Fluffy, what happened with the dermatologist?

Nocturne on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, this one was inevitable, someone decided to test KGB and went straight for the old meaning-of-life question:
    What is the purpose of life?

"The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose" - Richard Leider. Look and you will find it - what is unsought will go undetected. - Sophocles.

Well played.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    edited October 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Wait Fluffy, what happened with the dermatologist?

Fluffy thought he finally grew a gina, turns out it was just a really weird form of skin cancer.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »

jerk off on the floor?

Pillow case.

Good for the hair.

It's how I get that luster.

Echo on
    edited October 2009

eh?
    How are you?

eh?

Hoow have you been, eh?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited October 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    GAH

Are you getting the chop too?

Nah, my phimosis I can deal with via stretching.

For the last few months I've noticed my hair thinning. This thinning has coincided a god-awful acne problem on my scalp. It's gotten so bad that the painful itching is constant - the pimples that have popped up are so sensitive it can hurt to rest my head on a pillow when I go to bed. Worse than that, though, is the thinning, because I'm 20 years old and the only part of my looks I've ever really been proud of is my thick head of curly hair.

So this has been stressing me out a lot. So much so all I do is try to push thoughts of it out of my head, and hope that the Acutane I'm trying to get on will solve this problem. Because I actively don't think about this, I haven't looked it up on the net, if it's even possible for acne to be responsible.

1 google search brought up a bunch of results pointing to scalp folliculitis - which isn't acne - and sounds exactly like what I've got, and both my GP and my dermatologist missed it. It's infuriating, as they both shrugged it off - the Derma said it could be the acne and then completely dismissed it, while the GP wouldn't even examine my scalp, she just said male pattern baldness even though no one in my family is bald, even the ones in their 90s. Neither of my doctors would look into it.

It took me one google search. Fucking pathetic. I am so relieved.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Doctors are horribad these days. They hear one symptom and attempt to diagnose you, then poopoo any web research you've done with "Do you believe the internet or a real doctor?" Even young doctors do this.

Ludious on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Doctors are horribad these days. They hear one symptom and attempt to diagnose you, then poopoo any web research you've done with "Do you believe the internet or a real doctor?" Even young doctors do this.

You know what I've also heard a bunch from many different doctors, both on physiological and psychologic problems?

"I saw the exact same thing recently with another patient..."

Any time I hear that I become extra skeptical. It's kind of like the having a hammer and everything looking like a nail syndrome, some doctors tend to gravitate towards a diagnosis because they've seen it before or recently.

Nocturne on
    edited October 2009

Because 95% of people who research that stuff online are totally going to believe that they caught African potato blight from that ethnic guy on the bus when all they have is the fucking sniffles.

Tav on
    edited October 2009
    I'm just so mad. I'm happy I know what it is now and that it's treatable, but apparently if you go without dealing with it for too long it can result in scarring, and hair won't grow back in the scarred areas. They didn't even consider what it could be, like it was of no importance. Like my hair falling out wasn't worthy of their time. I'm an overweight recluse with a poor wardrobe, the hair is all I have.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited October 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »

You know what I've also heard a bunch from many different doctors, both on physiological and psychologic problems?

"I saw the exact same thing recently with another patient..."

Any time I hear that I become extra skeptical. It's kind of like the having a hammer and everything looking like a nail syndrome, some doctors tend to gravitate towards a diagnosis because they've seen it before or recently.

Yeah that's how I was diagnosed with strep throat when I actually had tb, that was nice.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited October 2009
    Ew preach you had the berc?

Ludious on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Fun thing I learned this weekend: A shitty surgeon's being a dumbass is why she had ovarian cancer.

Apparently, during a hysterectomy, the surgeon was asked to remove her ovaries if they looked abnormal.

The surgeon left them in, despite noticing one was oozing.

And then some time later she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.

Incenjucar on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey [chat]. Today was a good day. The desktop works, the new cell works. Now I need some suggestions for some android apps. Now my big thing is just getting hooked to my parents wireless network. When they went wireless they disconnected all the old wiring in the house we use to run on so I have get a wireless adapter for it. But I have a video card to return to best buy anyways so I should be fine.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited October 2009
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Hey [chat]. Today was a good day. The desktop works, the new cell works. Now I need some suggestions for some android apps. Now my big thing is just getting hooked to my parents wireless network. When they went wireless they disconnected all the old wiring in the house we use to run on so I have get a wireless adapter for it. But I have a video card to return to best buy anyways so I should be fine.

oh you wanted www.blogger.com

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.