As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Step 5: Remove [DOODLES] from microwave, mix in content of flavor packet. [NSFW]

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, yeah, when the blade is too long to draw on one side, it would be very awkward. But in the case of that particular sword, the blade is short enough that it could comfortably be drawn on the same side.

I guess that boils down to preference.

Also we're making some assumptions about this fellow's fighting style.

no not really

If you draw it from the same side as your hand, it's going to come out with the blade facing backwards along your arm, it doesn't come down to preference. Nearly every sword tradition in the world places the sword in the scabbard on the opposite side of the dominant hand. In fact, I can't think of one, East or West, that doesn't. Probably because every retard that put his sword on the same side as his dominant arm took too long getting into position and got his head cut off or his guts spilled all over the ground by the guy who put his sword on the opposite side and drew it into position in one smooth motion.

edit: you could put knives on the same side as your dominant hand, but that's another thing entirely

Tam on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah colour picker is shit, I've done it, learnt absolutely squat and have never used it again.

Mustang on
  • Options
    Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    Yeah colour picker is shit, I've done it, learnt absolutely squat and have never used it again.

If you pick from multiple places on the face where you can NOTICE a color change after already knowing that there would be one there, it can help you get a sense for subtler changes and relationships in color. Like how desaturated reds can still look more brown or blue in the darker part of a face without actually moving in a cooler direction. Yet, you need to understand it fundamentally and then like, learn from that example, not learn the fundamentals through color picking...

If that makes any sense at all.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    Loomdun wrote: »
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    If you draw it from the same side as your hand, it's going to come out with the blade facing backwards along your arm, it doesn't come down to preference. Nearly every sword tradition in the world places the sword in the scabbard on the opposite side of the dominant hand. In fact, I can't think of one, East or West, that doesn't. Probably because every retard that put his sword on the same side as his dominant arm took too long getting into position and got his head cut off or his guts spilled all over the ground by the guy who put his sword on the opposite side and drew it into position in one smooth motion.

edit: you could put knives on the same side as your dominant hand, but that's another thing entirely

What about a switchblade sword, what then

or a blade that spools up like a tape measure

OR A LIGHTSABER

YEAH WHAT THEN HUH WHAT THEN YEAH WOO

(yeah I agree with you Tam)

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You didn't have to include that last part- I'm not that slow.

Tam on
  • Options
    J-PJ-P Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeaaa. I noticed my pics came out rubbery. Same with this one a bit.

trippy_copy.jpg

eyes messed up, nose big, anyhoo, whatever.

Thanks a bunch mustang for that image :D It helped loads. Dunno if it shows in the practice. But It helped me a lot. The Reference image i used was very flat, this helped me add in different shadows and what not via knowing the planes a bit more. Oh, and no eyedropper this go around :D

J-P on
    Ray gun and sharpies.
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    can people even pierce right through the lip like that?

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    J-PJ-P Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    yup.

J-P on
    Ray gun and sharpies.
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thane wrote: »
    can people even pierce right through the lip like that?

yeah

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    ShankboneShankbone Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yes, but its not very common

Shankbone on
    We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight.
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    astro.png

Something for halloween I guess?

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    Schutzstaffel Megaman?

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    More like Iron Giant Astro Boy!

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Heil Doctor Light?

Shankbone on
    We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight.
  • Options
    deadlydoritodeadlydorito __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    A friend's friend pierced her clit, every time she played tennis she orgasmdddd.

you can pierce most everything good friend.

deadlydorito on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    "Doktor, look at mein new shoes und gold."
    astro.png

Something for halloween I guess?

Tam on
  • Options
    Guy BellGuy Bell Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My ex-girlfriend had a clit ring with barbells on each side. She had to go to the emergency room one night and the doctors took all the metal off her (it was screwing up one of their machines). When I picked her up they handed me a baggie with all this metal in it. Just remembered that.

Guy Bell on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It's a clip-on?????

Fugitive on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The clitoris? That would be unlikely.

Shankbone on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    No, the piercing, you dummy

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Piercings in your junk is fucking grotesque, solid fact, no arguments.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It's the hood of the clitoris that is pierced. To me, that's not nearly as extreme as a "prince albert" on a man.

Guy Bell on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    To me, that's not nearly as extreme as a "prince albert" on a man.

D: I gagged a little the first time I saw that done. I don't even want to know how those dudes piss.

Mustang on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Guy Bell wrote: »
    It's the hood of the clitoris that is pierced. To me, that's not nearly as extreme as a "prince albert" on a man.

Don't google Genital Bisection.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kochikens wrote: »

I have never said aloud "oh my god" so many times in my life. not even during Saw II when the chick falls in the pit of hypodermic needles.

this discussion needs to end now.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Kochikens wrote: »

I just googled Genital Bisection. I'm going to bed now.

Guy Bell on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Is it bad that I'm not only certain I've heard of genital bisections before, but that i've seen several examples?

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    What makes it worse is that every single picture has to be the brand new, still bloody goblets of flesh hanging from the shaft and precariously dangling by a small tendril of tissue.

Jesus fuck that must sting like a motherfucker. It's like you'd be standing there and all of a sudden you'd double over and start screaming and be all "Oh god my bits are twisted up!"

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Cool description bro.
    Cool-Dog-Hey-Cool-story-bro41.jpg

Shankbone on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SOOOO back to dooooodles....

I tried an asaro:
    asaro.jpg

probably around 2 hours total.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Looks good Prosp! I want one of those things myself. Although honestly I dont know if I'd ever use it... but they are gorgeous.

Put some more time into this, but I got a lot more work to do :)
    fantasticfour.jpg

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    oh man, that's bad wass.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So I messed around with this
    Im considering cropping it off away from the tombstones (blue-grey blobs) that I have been stalling doing, because they worry me.
    Wretched_WIP_by_Shankbone.jpg
    If you see any glaring errors or something looks weird/ off lemme know

Shankbone on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thanks wasser! I actually cheated, I used a picture on google. Don't have the funds to buy one at the moment :P

Btw that fantastic 4 paint is looking.... fantastic.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    wasssss you are so sexy come here and

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Looking really awesome, Wasser.

Here's a self portrait sketch I had to do for a class tomorrow. The teacher specifically dislikes digital, saying that even graphite pencil is superior for sketching. But we could do the sketch in whatever medium we wanted. So I had to be an ass.

116ee95e49b9123c4be89eab9e4e592e.jpg

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    fuck yeah
    I hate it when teachers say one medium is better than another
    unless they say paint is better than graphite for painting

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I dunno.

Some mediums ARE better for certain tasks than others. Like, for example, I think that you could (potentially, not me)do more with ink nib and brush work than you can do with a tablet. And at the same time I think that you can accomplish more subtlety with digital painting than you can with real painting (though Oil comes pretty close.)

That being said, I don't like it particularly when people write off any particular medium. Oil's better for realism than watercolor. Or at least easier (to me). But watercolor still has it's value in fluidity and style. Along with speed. So they both have worth. So to me someone saying "digital mediums are shit" is like me saying "oil can accomplish so much, no one should ever use watercolor."

Which, as anyone can surmise, is ludicrous. But no one contradicts these teachers (or professionals)for saying these things about a medium they're simply unfamiliar with and prefer not to use. Just realize it's a preference and get over it.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The teacher specifically dislikes digital, saying that even graphite pencil is superior for sketching.

I'd imagine almost every school has a teacher like this.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    The teacher specifically dislikes digital, saying that even graphite pencil is superior for sketching.

I'd imagine almost every school has a teacher like this.

Actually, most professors are like that. They're all baby boomer hippies that don't really understand computers or only use macs to little effect. (PC user, all the way, dawg) Not to diminish their skills or understanding of concepts, which is considerable. They, like most generations, are just afraid of the new.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
This discussion has been closed.