As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DDO] Dungeons & Dragons Online - Want people to play with? Top of the OP for info

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So, apparently cleave isn't limited to how many enemies it can hit. Right now my barbarian (level 4) hits everything around him with cleave. The miss rate is very low. The damage is solid. Kobold packs die in just a second. I can't wait to get greater cleave now.

Also, my barbarian mysteriously hasn't received a copper leveling sigil yet.

Henroid on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    So, apparently cleave isn't limited to how many enemies it can hit. Right now my barbarian (level 4) hits everything around him with cleave. The miss rate is very low. The damage is solid. Kobold packs die in just a second. I can't wait to get greater cleave now.

From the amount of people I've seen complaining about being unable to find a copper sigil (more and more are having trouble in Advice and Trade on my server, and I have guildmates who still can't find one), I wouldn't put it past Turbine to have stealth nerfed the reward rate on it.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    korodullin wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »

From the amount of people I've seen complaining about being unable to find a copper sigil (more and more are having trouble in Advice and Trade on my server, and I have guildmates who still can't find one), I wouldn't put it past Turbine to have stealth nerfed the reward rate on it.

There was a recent patch wasn't there? I don't doubt this was done. I'm already one rank into level 4 and still haven't found one. This is the first time I've had problems with it.

Henroid on
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Generally the first thing I've been doing with my characters once they hit Stormreach is to head over to Durk and run Durk's got a secret on solo a pile of times until a copper sigil turns up in the rewards. Haven't had an issue yet. This is also good for ensuring you get a muckbane asap, if you're a melee class.

Entriech on
    edited October 2009
    I've always gotten the copper sigil from one of the two quests in the tavern near where you arrive at Stormreach for the first time. The gambling hall or smuggler quest.

Henroid on
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ok looks like i will have a bit of extra money sans tomorrow. Around $65. I may pick up a pre-paid visa and grab some content. Can you guys let me know what content you are running right now so i can join up?

Hey Kanen, glad to see you're getting some new content. It really was starting to dry up around 10.
    Right now we're running gianthold for the most part, I know some others have gotten demon sands. But I think the main plan for everyone is to get Gianthold, Vale of Twilight, and Shavarath.

I would also second just getting VIP for a month, especially if you can find a cheap box copy near you. Right now I am breezing through low level content for favor to unlock 32 point builds but I have also earned quite a few TP doing so, at 1000 favor you get a nice fat 100 TP bonus. Plus you get to know what packs are worth it.

I liked the sharn pack, but it is very rogueish so it might not be for everyone. I disliked tangleroot, it all takes place in the same dungeon and you just go deeper each time. Deleras tomb seems really worth it, not only do you get the main quest line and the exp item from it but there are level 10/11ish quests in the graveyard outside the tomb. Threnal was nice, but short, it has another exp item that doesn't stack. Fun note, deleras is voiced by gygax and threnal is voiced by dave arneson and if you wear both "special items" you gain DM vision and can see hidden doors.

Jeix on
  • JaedlynJaedlyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Edit: For people wondering, raids in DDO are NOT like they are in other MMO's, they are generally short, yet challenging.

Eventually everyone should plan on getting Gianthold, Necropolis, The Vale of Twilight, and Shavarath. I would recommend spellcasters get The Demon sands because one of the raid items has a high chance to restore SP when you take a hit.

The Necropolis well...your going to want some of the items from the Abbot raid.

Enduring Conviction - +5 Longsword: Banishing, Absolute Law (2d6 against non-lawful), Greater good (2d6 against non-good), requires Good alignment or UMD of 30 (no need to be Lawful)

Staff of the Petitioner - +5 Quarterstaff: Powerstore (10% mana cost discount for spellcasting), Greater Enchantment Focus, Greater Necromancy Focus, +5 Concentration+5 Concentration: Provides a +5 competence bonus to the wearer's Concentration skill., Spell Penetration VIII

Wretched Twilight - Cloak: Ghostly, Superior Nullification VI,Stealth Strike, Sneak Attack Bonus +4

Jaedlyn on
    Some people are like slinkies, useless, but they always manage to bring a smile to your face when you...push them down a flight of stairs.
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Urge to subscribe rising.

If only because I want to speed up my leveling a little bit. I have limited time to play and most folks, even the lower level ones, are out stripping me.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    A couple of new screenshots from Gianthold.
    screenshot00012.th.jpg
    screenshot00011.th.jpg

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
  • BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    When Favoured Soul came out, some of us foolishly thought we were getting another healing class.
    Haven't grouped with one yet that actually intended to heal anything.
    Also now I have to get used to seeing Blade Barrier everywhere again, and never knowing if its ours of theirs D:

I know I was gone for a while but, what the hell is a Favoured Soul and where the fuck is my Druid class? O_o

/rant off

Bloodshed on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bloodshed wrote: »
    When Favoured Soul came out, some of us foolishly thought we were getting another healing class.
    Also now I have to get used to seeing Blade Barrier everywhere again, and never knowing if its ours of theirs D:

I know I was gone for a while but, what the hell is a Favoured Soul and where the fuck is my Druid class? O_o

/rant off

Man Druids are like pansy Monks that don't kick ass. Nobody needs them 8-)

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

/rant off

Depends on how they Spec em, ran with a Heal Specced Favored Soul the other day. SP out the ears.

Who-Psyd on
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

/rant off

I was kind of wondering about druids myself. They're one of the best classes, so it seems weird to omit them.

It's hard to decide which class to level.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    the fact that druids were damn great in 3.5 may be one of the very reasons they were omitted

anyone who has played at the tabletop with a Druidzilla may have at some point felt like all the other character classes were completely unnecessary when you have a class that can (with a certain build) either fill the role that they do... and sometimes do it better.

being a fighter, feeling pretty badass... and then having the caster turn into a venom spitting machine of claws and death and multiple attacks... well now you just feel like a chump

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah druids definitely had some balance issues.... though turning into a flying triceratops who shot lighting out of his eyes.... doesn't get much better than that. :D

Foolish Chaos on
  • BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    They kept telling us over the (nearly) past 4 years that we were getting things.

Half-Orcs, Gnomes, Druids, etc.
    And they had this brand new D&D world to use, which while a lot of people (myself included) thought they could have gone with an older campaign setting, has some really cool shit in it.
    Kalashtars, Shifters, Artificers, a world heavy with Psionics, and then out of nowhere, we get the Favoured Soul. Which no one who I have ever played D&D with has ever heard of, lol.

Years ago (like 3) they told us they were having trouble with Shapeshifting (for Druid class).
    Seriously? How hard can it be?

WoW had a Functioning shapeshifting system, in game, on release. (I am NOT saying there were no bugs)

Its a fun game, and I'm not pulling some "Forum troll/threatening to quit" drama here.
    I guess I'm just ruing all the lost potential of this game, and the D&D license.

I'm not even sure you can blame it on Turbine.
    They have the Lord of the Rings license, too. And that game is very well done with stunning graphics.

I like what they've done with F2P, because I think it will pull in more subs, and hopefully with a little more income, they can start cleaning up the rough edges of this game.

Bloodshed on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    well this is going to annoy me until i forget about it. but there was an mmo with unlockable content where your party could join you even if they didn't have said content unlocked.

this should be easy with the small amount of microtransaction type mmo's i've played.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited October 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    well this is going to annoy me until i forget about it. but there was an mmo with unlockable content where your party could join you even if they didn't have said content unlocked.

this should be easy with the small amount of microtransaction type mmo's i've played.

The Koreans are fucking with Pika.

Henroid on
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Years ago (like 3) they told us they were having trouble with Shapeshifting (for Druid class).
    Seriously? How hard can it be?

Yeah but if you just did something like that people would be bitching that they can't choose what to wildshape into like you could in 3.5 and rabble rabble.

If they are going to druids it would be better if it wasn't just a rip-off of WoW druids (who were kind of a rip-off of DnD druids in the first place but whatever).

Also Natural Spell. Don't include it and people will bitch. Include it, and the class will probably be impossible to balance.

Man, I seriously need more inventory space. I'm starting to wonder if it's worth having all these "just in case" scrolls and potions filling up my bags.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

/rant off

Man Druids are like pansy Monks that don't kick ass. Nobody needs them 8-)

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad!

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So are there any bonuses that you keep if you subscribe for a month then cancel instead of renew at the end of it?

Also, whats with the point range for purchases in the DDO Store?

ugh.. and more login problems, it wont let me log into the website using the same credentials that work for the myaccount.turbine.com website.

EDIT: Hmm... sounds like the only way to purchase turbine points is through the game client.

And another question: To become a premium account, do you need to purchase points with cash, or can you just spend some points that you earned in game?

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    edited October 2009
    Buy with cash.

I've seen point purchases as low as 20 points and as high as over 1000. It varies wildly, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how Turbine prices multiple things within a category, like adventure packs or guest passes for them.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    edited October 2009

/rant off

I've specifically built mine to heal and buff. All his damage is through TWF Scimitars.

Seidkona on
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ugh.. and more login problems, it wont let me log into the website using the same credentials that work for the myaccount.turbine.com website.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but your account username and forum (and other stuff like that I would guess) username are different.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    New update notes from the test server. These are still a work in progress.
    Welcome to the preview Release Notes for Dungeons & Dragons Online! These release notes were posted Thursday, October 8th 2009. Please note that these preview release notes are subject to changes and additions.

News & Notes

The old Harbor area is open again after months of renovation. Experienced adventurers can travel there to investigate a mysterious organization called the Path of Inspiration. For those looking for a lifestyle change, an orc named Kruz has settled in House Jorasco offering you an alternative path through the process of reincarnation. Still looking to get the marrow out of life? Stormreach’s battle-hardened veterans report that the adventures in Menechtarun can be even more Epic than before.

Of Special Note

New Adventure Packs
    The Path of Inspiration

When the Inspired from the distant city of Dar Qat offered to renovate Stormreach’s old Harbor they said they were interested only in trade and friendship. But are the Inspired a dream come true or a sinister nightmare? Explore five new dungeons that will take you beneath the Harbor, to a savage island, and into your own mind as you track down the Inspired’s terrible secret.

* Rescue a Coin Lord spy to receive vital information regarding the Path of Inspiration cult.
    * Free the son of Coin Lord Graden Wylkes and others from their imprisonment before they can be brainwashed.
    * Discover the fate of the Rogue Jeets Shimis after his time with the Path of Inspiration.
    * Enter into the mind of a Stormreach hero, battle his inner Ego and release him from his mental captivity.
    * Break into the Dar Qat trade mission to destroy the Dreaming Dark's secret weapon.

This level 17 to 19 adventure pack includes 5 hand-crafted adventures! Adventurers seeking to confront the Path of Inspiration should visit the lower harbor district.

New Store Items & Features

Hair styles & Hair Reversal Tonics

It is now possible to change your character's hair style thanks to the magic of hair style tonics! Whether you're looking to make your hair shorter, longer, or specially styled, hair style tonics will change your character's hair right in the game. Exclusive styles, found only in the DDO Store, are available for male and female characters.

In addition, if you'd like to return to your original hair color and/or style, we now offer Hair Reversal Tonics in the DDO Store! Using the tonics you may:

* Reverse your hair color to the original color your character had at character creation.
    * Reverse your hair style to the original style your character had at character creation.
    * Reverse both the color and style to the original your character had at character creation.

All available hair products can be found in the Cosmetics category of the DDO Store!

32 Point Character Creation

You may now unlock the ability to create a character who begins with 32 ability points instead of 28 by earning 1750 favor or with Turbine Points in the DDO Store! 32 Point Build Characters can be found in the Premium Items category of the DDO Store.

More Shared Bank Space

You can now increase the size of your shared bank by 10 slots in the DDO Store! Extra shared bank space can be found under the Premium Items category of the DDO Store.

Hireling Contracts Folder
    Running out of room for your Hireling contracts? Hireling Contracts Folders are now available for all your contract storage needs! These special containers come in multiple sizes and can hold contracts in stacks based on the size of the folder.

* A small folder can hold up to two types of Hirelings in stacks of 3.
    * A medium folder can hold up to three types of Hirelings in stacks of 3.
    * A large folder can hold up to five types of Hirelings in stacks of 4.
    * A huge folder can hold up to eight types of Hirelings in stacks of 10.

When you're ready to use your hireling(s), pull out the contract from the folder and activate it. Once activated, a Hireling contract cannot be returned to the folder. You may move contracts in and out of the folder so long as they have not been activated. Contract folders are bound to character and able to be stored in your regular character bank.

To purchase Hireling Contracts Folders visit the Gear & Equipment category of the DDO Store.

Epic Dungeons

Ever wished you could run one of your favorite mid-game dungeons at a higher level, have it be challenging, and receive awesome loot for it? With Epic Dungeons, now you can!

* For Update 1, the Demon Sands Adventure Pack has received the Epic treatment. Five adventures in the Menechtarun Desert (including the Queen Lailat raid) can now be played in Epic difficulty.
    * Old favorite items that originated in these dungeons can be upgraded into powerful Epic versions by collecting rare scrolls, seals, and shards.
    * Epic rewards can be further customized with Epic Augment Crystals, permanently adding new effects to your items.
    * Epic dungeons and raids award special tokens that can be traded for Augment Crystals or True Reincarnation Tokens. See Misty in the Tower of the Twelve for more details!
    * All members of the party must be 20th level to enter on Epic difficulty.
    * This difficulty will only be unlocked if you have completed the dungeon/raid on Elite

Introducing Reincarnation

The new Reincarnation system enables players to leverage their existing progress with one of their current characters in the game and allows players to revisit certain decisions made in that characters advancement or to create an all-new more powerful hero. All Reincarnated characters will retain the name and items from previous character incarnation.

True Reincarnation

A true reincarnation lets the player recreate a more powerful character and change anything about them (except for the name and gender), including their class and race. Tapping into memories of their former selves, true reincarnated characters will receive additional build points to spend in character generation as well as unique bonuses in the form of access to Past Life Feats. Each True generation will also be physically larger than previous generations (you're welcome Halflings!). True reincarnation allows players to relive their journey through Stormreach. Characters will keep no experience or favor upon creation, will start at level 1, and require more experience to progress through each level. True reincarnation grants 2 bonus build points for every true reincarnation, and are always base 32 point, even if the character was initially created as a 28 point.

Lesser Reincarnation

A character that undergoes Lesser Reincarnation retains their race, gender, alignment, and the class they selected at level one. They are permitted to re-spend their ability points, change their feat selection, re-allocate skill points, spells, etc., or are free to select a path. Unlike True Reincarnation, characters will retain all favor and experience, but reincarnate with the same number of build points of the current incarnation and must train the exact level progression of the old character.

Greater reincarnation

Greater reincarnation has the same benefits as Lesser Reincarnation, and additionally will upgrade a 28 point (non-drow) character into a 32 point build character.

How To Reincarnate

In order to reincarnate, you'll need to speak with Kruz the Reincarnation trainer in House Jorasco. He can be found at the top of the stairs in the south west garden. Kruz requires an item known as a "heart of wood" in order to reincarnate you. Hearts of wood can be purchased in the DDO Store. True Hearts of Wood for True Reincarnation can also be earned by trading Epic quest tokens for a True Heart of wood.

Veteran Status

Do you enjoy making new characters, but tire of running the low-level content over and over again? If so, you'll love Veteran Status!

* Players will be able to unlock the ability to create veteran characters which enter the game at level four.
    * Veteran Status Characters will enter directly to the Marketplace rather than playing through the Korthos experience.
    * Players must achieve 1000 favor to receive Veteran Status and speak with the Drow Elder, Nyx Durandimion. Alternatively, in lieu of favor, Veteran Status may be purchased in the DDO Store as long as you have a level 4 (or higher) character.

Quest Changes

Stopping the Sahuagin

The control box is closer to the traps now and can more easily be detected by new players.

Cannith Aqueduct

Fixed a typo that directed you to go "east" to find the quest when it should have said "north".

Kobold's New Ring Leader

It's no longer possible to have x-ray vision through the walls to see some optional mini bosses.

Shan-To-Kor

* Wayfinder Dael and the quest journal now do a better job of explaining where to go for the Shan-To-Kor quest series.
    * The mapnote for the Steam Tunnels now correctly shows that it is part of a premium adventure pack.

The Sacred Helm

Greezix is no longer inside the Caverns of Shaagh. He bestows the Sacred Helm quest from inside the Steam Tunnels instead.

Caverns of Shaagh

A chest has been added to the area where Greezix once was.

Bookbinder Rescue

All traps now do appropriate damage for the challenge rating of the quest.

Tangleroot Gorge

The Hobgoblins have called an electrician to fix some traps that were failing to go off on intruders.

Tomb of the Forbidden

An issue with a sealing door trap was fixed to prevent players from getting permanently trapped.

Necropolis Series Part 2

New handwraps have been added.

Hall of the Third Legion

Barnizdu, the Pit Fiend in the Hall of the Third Legion is now properly channeling his spell and can't be engaged during the first few seconds of the encounter.

General Quest Changes

Arlos, Coyle and several other NPCs will follow the last player who spoke with them.

Crafting

The Twelve have discovered a new eldritch device that is so powerful it could only be described as "epic". Members of the Twelve are seeking adventurers who are willing to gather materials for researching this device.

Items

* New handwraps have been added to Necropolis II.
    * The Lorinthor's set bonus now functions as expected, dealing extra damage to evil outsiders instead of adding the Greater Evil Outsider Bane ability to monsters hit by a Knight of the Chalice wearing the entire set.
    * Amara's Belt now has the Exorcist of the Silver Flame set bonus.
    * Randomly generated transmuting handwraps now function. Really.
    * Chances for drops of prestige enhancement specific gear, as well as other treasure, in Shavarath have been evened out (previously some items were not dropping at appropriate rates)

Spells
    Hezrou "allies" will no longer teleport blindly into rooms they cannot see.

Other Changes

* Fixed an error causing some free players to have DDO Stormreach rather than DDO Unlimited chat and mail permissions.
    * A prankster was caught inappropriately levitating objects on the Harbor dock, and has been reprimanded.
    * Fixed Free Agents favor mail so it no longer refers to Gerald Goodblade. Lord Goodblade is busy elsewhere.
    * Wandering NPCs under the Marketplace tent will no longer get themselves tangled in the decorative swaths of fabric beneath the tent.

Jeix on
    edited October 2009
    Great. More things to spend cash on that I want.

I could use me some 32 pt builds and some veteran status.

Seidkona on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    hair style tonics? wow.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    hair style tonics? wow.

Wouldn't that just be... a comb

zanmatto on
    edited October 2009
    When I'm rolling characters I get a certain inertia because I'm not sure which way would be "best." Mostly because I'm not familiar with the system. "Enhancements" are kind of baffling, and the prestige classes not listing requirements on the leveling page is kind of irksome.

For some reason, because this D&D and I know the PnP system backwards and forwards, this is bothersome.

Derrick on
  • GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    zanmatto wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    hair style tonics? wow.

Wouldn't that just be... a comb

"Mr. Perelli's Elixir,
    It'll fix you in a tick, sir.
    Just like an Elixiir,
    Ought to do!"

Galielmus on
  • VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So a friend of mine and I have started to play this. We have no interest in spending any money at all cause he's eternally unemployed and I'm just cheap. We know that there are level cap items we have to get from the store, and that getting the lvl4-8 one if pretty cheap. but is that it? is the 8+ level item so expensive that we would have to grind characters on every server? Basically, how viable is it to play this game with zero money?

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Velmeran wrote: »
    So a friend of mine and I have started to play this. We have no interest in spending any money at all cause he's eternally unemployed and I'm just cheap. We know that there are level cap items we have to get from the store, and that getting the lvl4-8 one if pretty cheap. but is that it? is the 8+ level item so expensive that we would have to grind characters on every server? Basically, how viable is it to play this game with zero money?

That really depends on what your goals are for the game.

This thread on the DDO forums is worth a look, it'll give you a basic idea of what you're up against if you want to get as much as possible for free.

citizen059 on
    edited October 2009
    Thinking about rolling someone I'll actually play on Cannith. My Sarlona crew seems to have kind of vanished.

Not sure what, though.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ok guys, good news on the Kanen front, i got my hands on a $50 pre-paid Master Card so i will be picking up some packs. I'll grab Gianthold for sure, probably Threnal, and maybe some higher level stuff, any recomendations? What are you guys running currently? Or should i just use it to sub for 2 months?

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    how much more difficult are the Elite or Hard dungeons vs Normal?

Also, is it required that you do Hard / Elite to get favor from doing dungeons?

I found both my Cleric and Barbarian could solo Normal (Barbarian needed to use rest shrines, but the Cleric could just power through the whole dungeon in one go)

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    edited October 2009
    Well I'm finally getting the 500 Turbine points I was supposed to get when my account went VIP two weeks ago. Wonder if I should buy something.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    edited October 2009
    how much more difficult are the Elite or Hard dungeons vs Normal?

Also, is it required that you do Hard / Elite to get favor from doing dungeons?

I found both my Cleric and Barbarian could solo Normal (Barbarian needed to use rest shrines, but the Cleric could just power through the whole dungeon in one go)

Looked to me like on elite the mobs just had a lot more health, and hit a bit harder.

Now, I've only played the first few dungeons but they look soloable on hard certainly and probably elite with a cleric with time to blow.

It'd be faster to just grab a group though.

Derrick on
    edited October 2009
    I can't get the officer roster page to load and it also looks like you can't search for guilds in game (unless I'm just doing it wrong).

Can someone invite Slyph to the guild?

[edit] nevermind. Apparently the game either has the weirdest patching system I've ever seen or it's decided that the game isn't already fully-downloaded and installed despite having played perfectly yesterday. Yep, it wants to reinstall the full game. Screw it.

Derrick on
  • VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wow, that page had alot of good info on playing for free, but really...I'm not going to waste time grinding multiple characters on multiple servers just to get some point, seems crazy. Also, is the game capped at lvl12, or just the free quest? Cause if they are calling it a "free" mmo then basically limiting to you 60% of the levels, let alone dicking you on content....my need to kick them in the balls will rise. I'm tired of game companies using "Free" to really mean "Parts of this game are free, but most content you'd want to play for a while isn't"

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Is it just me or do speed bonuses stack?

And Velmeran, you can think of this game as something which alot of people had to pay for no matter what, only now they have changed it so that you can get most of the game for free and pay for it if you'd like. Cause thats what it is.

I don't see it as a negative really....

Foolish Chaos on