As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Kill Doctor Lucky in Phalla Mansion - Good Night, Doctor Lucky (Game Over)

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    People can't handle Axel Mode.

oh god

now i'm imagining all of Rawwking's lines as spoken by Axel

it is glorious

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just as planned.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Great, now I'm imagining Rawkking's lines spoken by Axel WHILE pushing up Gendo's glasses.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Great, now I'm imagining Rawkking's lines spoken by Axel WHILE pushing up Gendo's glasses.

And that's a bad thing?

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited October 2009

And that's a bad thing?

No. I just need someone to make that his new sig. Because that was the most awesome thought I've had in weeks.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Zandracon wrote: »
    Hm, it appears that people do not like it when I talk, I shall have to be much quieter in my next phallas then.
    Talking good! Your posts are fun!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    One hour left, get your votes and actions in!

I'm going insane already!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    KistraKistra Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Delmain wrote: »
    Ah, 6-10 PM EMT class. Long, exhaustive, and full of learning how to keep someone's guts spilling out of them.

Also a favorite bandwagon forming time of the phalla community.

Is it wrong that I read it like that?

How else would one read that?

Kistra on
    Animal Crossing: City Folk Lissa in Filmore 3179-9580-0076
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    One hour left, get your votes and actions in!

I'm going insane already!

Are you surprised? :rotate:

Egos on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Zandracon is only amusing to keep around when he has a wacky post restriction!

simonwolf on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I like how all these votes coming in towards the end, the ones that are actually determining the winner after it was close for a while, are being made with no reason given whatsoever. Or a joke reason like "Haha Zand's only cool when he has a post restriction."

Was all of the important stuff about yesterday's voting patterns completely ignored?

Nocturne on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Rawkking Goodguy. To go way back I think the (bodyguard) kills are not room specific because it would be too easy to get them outed with such small numbers. Location based mafia kills would be too crippling for them. That's my reasoning, though it may be faulty.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I like how all these votes coming in towards the end, the ones that are actually determining the winner after it was close for a while, are being made with no reason given whatsoever. Or a joke reason like "Haha Zand's only cool when he has a post restriction."

Was all of the important stuff about yesterday's voting patterns completely ignored?
    That actually happens an unfortunate amount of times. Bothersome, huh?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It's actually useful. See, if whoever dies tonight isn't evil, we can look at those that dropped votes right at the end.

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    kime wrote: »

A bit.

I wonder if I should copy/paste my wall of text reasoning from earlier.

Really, though. We had a lot of good, constructive discussion about the reasons behind the Zand/Rawkking votes earlier. Now people are just popping in, throwing an important vote that will determine the winner, and giving no reasoning whatsoever. Slightly annoying when some people actually put thought into this, or at least acknowledged that they read the analysis. Even a simple "Well from what I've read about the two, my instincts are leaning towards..."

Bah

Edit: @ Delmain - Yeah, I'm really hoping both Rawkking and Zand will die very soon so we can make sense out of what went on.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hurrr.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    And in case you guys haven't paid attention in previous games, I'm normally a pretty big fan of killing Zandracon :P

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

A bit.

Really, though. We had a lot of good, constructive discussion about the reasons behind the Zand/Rawkking votes earlier. Now people are just popping in, throwing an important vote that will determine the winner, and giving no reasoning whatsoever. Slightly annoying when some people actually put thought into this, or at least acknowledged that they read the analysis. Even a simple "Well from what I've read about the two, my instincts are leaning towards..."

Bah

good constructive discussion is only useful to those that can't read other's minds based on their posts over the internet.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

A bit.

Bah

good constructive discussion is only useful to those that can't read other's minds based on their posts over the internet.

Wait, there are people who can't?

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Edit: @ Delmain - Yeah, I'm really hoping both Rawkking and Zand will die very soon so we can make sense out of what went on.

If anyone could make that happen I suggest they do so. If only to help make more sense of all this.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Man, if that happens..... Nocturne's going to get bandwagon'd.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    oakloreoaklore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wow today has been pretty nuts. Rereading everything was fun. There is a close vote coming. Shenanigans, go!

Does anyone else feel like today's voting reasons are less than ideal? The vote for Zandacroniumnus is as good as we got, because its based on math logic. But, phallas are more organic moving entities. The vote toward Ardor was a weird one. It was all based on very few posts from him, and all he was doing was making some decent assumptions and making intelligent posts. Then the Rqawking votes started based on Argors own posts. Who else? Kime. Small kimewagons because we don't know anything else. Wise?

Just all looked off from my persective. I'm going to stand back and hope I don't get attacked tonight by people that my motivations don't match and just gonna enjoy the party a bit....

My vote is still on Zan.

I hope the butler comes by with champaign.

oaklore on
    orbit.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    And I hope you check that champagne. With all these people going 'round, someone's bound to have poisoned it for Lucky.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Way to ignore Rawking, you baddie.

Delmain on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ok, so, having finally caught up from so many pages ago, I feel the evidence against zandracon is circumstantial at best.

Rawkking seems like a better choice, even if the evidence isn't hugely tipping the balance.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    oaklore wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel like today's voting reasons are less than ideal? The vote for Zandacroniumnus is as good as we got, because its based on math logic.

Flawed logic with math is still flawed.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yea I forgot him and put it in my edit actaully. Total baddy.

Thats another one because it was based of Argors logic, who was previously starting to get bandwagonned.

oaklore on
    orbit.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ok, so, having finally caught up from so many pages ago, I feel the evidence against zandracon is circumstantial at best.

Rawkking seems like a better choice, even if the evidence isn't hugely tipping the balance.

Most of what we have right now is pretty inconclusive, so mildly suspicious activity is really all we have. Though if we keep up this level of attention when we have more info this game should go pretty well for the village. Assuming there aren't crazy mechanics we don't know about.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

On that note.

Warban, daius, simonwolf, obbi, and iamtheaznman deserve to be whacked.

El Skid, ShadowThomas get an honorable mention for posting something game related, but not justifying their votes whatsoever. V_w can be tossed in this category, but he's on the rawkking side of things.

BuzzBuzz is off the hook since he admitted he was just skimming. :P

That's just the last two pages(50 ppp).

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yea I forgot him and put it in my edit actaully. Total baddy.

Thats another one because it was based of Argors logic, who was previously starting to get bandwagonned.

You fail at reading again. The Rawkking thing was not based off Ardor.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I want popcorn Shalmelo. I have a feeling the partie's bout to get real.

*Cue Yakety Sax*

edit: Nocturne: Huh? I haven't seen the Ardor post since earlier, but I thought Rawking was on it and someone started the votes based on that.

oaklore on
    orbit.gif
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    oaklore silly

Zandracon on
  • Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

A bit.

Bah

HHHHHeeeellarious story. I just got done taking apart the day one vote spreadsheet from Eecc, modifying it so that every single vote was a seperate entry, modifying that so that it allowed me to sort by post number, resorting it so it was accending from first to last post, then going over that to try to find out who I thought was the more likely villian.
    And also looking at that thing that some people brought up with DDJ going to burnage, then EEcc saying oo noes, that's bringing it too close, I'll switch to burnage.
    The vote count was 8 to 5 at that time, so it was only... somewhat close. As EECC had voted for sky about 10 votes prior to DDJ's... I don't find either EECC or DDJ to be "more" suspicious than the other. I find them to be equally suspicious. And of course, almost immediately afterwards (post 420, hilariously), SkyCaptain turned on his Jackass Thrusters to maximum levels... making it hard to reconcile any further votes as either motivated by the desire to hide in bandwagon or cause he was being a jackass.
    Also, Houn was 3rd on the Burnage wagon. You know what that means ^_^
    And having determined that I have no fucking clue who's suspicious today, I then deleted it all cause I didn't like the formatting.
    Anyway... I'm going with my gut. Zandy, for randomness in the jump to Kime without either an explanatory post, or at least a semi-recent Kime post that would be good justification for said post, plus, Trophy room.

And as a side note, does Zand ever actually talk? I'm not sure I remember having seen a fully coherent sentence from him at any point in history.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I want popcorn Shalmelo. I have a feeling the partie's bout to get real.

*Cue Yakety Sax*

edit: Nocturne: Huh? I haven't seen the Ardor post since earlier, but I thought Rawking was on it and someone started the votes based on that.

Nocturne(and to a lesser extent myself) started the Rawkkingwagon in response to Ardor. Ardor listed everyone to not vote for skycaptain after the last point the vote was tied and listed them in order of who he found most suspicious.

Personally I think he threw darts to determine what order he listed them in.

Job: Zand's jump was within a page of kime pointing out he was actually in the game. I believe it was right after houn quoted kime pointing it out, at which point Houn voted for kime. He was immediately followed by Zandracon.

Does a kime is in the game gogogo bandwagon joke post really need an explanation?

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Zandracon rarely talks more than a little bit.

On another note, the Zand vote has a fair margin now, yes?

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jobastion wrote: »
    And as a side note, does Zand ever actually talk? I'm not sure I remember having seen a fully coherent sentence from him at any point in history.

He was pretty awesome when he had that posting restriction. He talked alot in whatever game that was. And it was glorious.

Egos on
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Zandracon rarely talks more than a little bit.

On another note, the Zand vote has a fair margin now, yes?

Yah, six votes or so, I think.

As of #1091:

Zandracon 21
    Rawkking Goodguy 15
    Ardor 4
    adventfalls 3
    dunedainjedi 3
    TehSloth 2
    Bremen 1
    Dogbone33 1
    Houn 1
    jdarksun 1
    Kay 1
    kime 1
    oaklore 1
    Romantic Undead 1
    Zellpher 1
    Burnage [dead] [C] 1

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Zandracon wrote: »
    oaklore silly

Zand says all that needs to be said

But this one will have to wait until tomorrow

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    On that note.

Warban, daius, simonwolf, obbi, and iamtheaznman deserve to be whacked.

El Skid, ShadowThomas get an honorable mention for posting something game related, but not justifying their votes whatsoever. V_w can be tossed in this category, but he's on the rawkking side of things.

BuzzBuzz is off the hook since he admitted he was just skimming. :P

That's just the last two pages(50 ppp).

I don't need to Justify my vote to anyone. If I did then there would be a mechanic for doing so.

I didn't realise it was your party.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    DDJ: No. It needs no explaination. Just assuming that the kimewagoneers are village, seems like dumbness.

And to Noct and DDJ again: OK I do remember that now. I guess not as weird? Still felt off as I was reading it before.

oaklore on
    orbit.gif
This discussion has been closed.