As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The En[CHAT]ed magical prancing gibbering faeries

• Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    damn Microsoft Word has me converted to Cambria and Calibri because that's their auto set of fonts, and I still haven't figured out how to make a new document just open with TIMES NEW ROMAN, 12pt AND NOT 11pt, NOT 1.15 SPACED, NOT 10pt AFTER EACH PARAGRAPH, ARRARARAAAARRGH

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    srsizzy wrote: »
    damn Microsoft Word has me converted to Cambria and Calibri because that's their auto set of fonts, and I still haven't figured out how to make a new document just open with TIMES NEW ROMAN, 10pt AND NOT 11pt, NOT 1.15 SPACED, NOT 10pt AFTER EACH PARAGRAPH, ARRARARAAAARRGH

Fix'd.

Flay on
  • Options
    AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have learned microsoft word isn't very conductive to actually writing, it's only good for bullshitting with menus and junk

Agentflit on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    17! I totally knew deep down on a couple but I got careless towards the end. psh.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    We should talk typography more often. It's a great subject!

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I know nothing of it, thus I am bored.

F87 on
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Baskerville's nice. I like it very, very much. I actually bought a bunch of old digitized metal-set type from the HPLHS. Beautiful, warm type, elegant ascenders and descenders, good x-heights.

Good call. I regularly use those HPLHS fonts.

My favourite typefaces at the moment are Serifa and Rockwell. Similar but both good for different things.

Also, we're not talking about typography.

Saying we're talking about typography is like suggesting a thread where people list their favourite pencils is talking about art. :P

Also: here's some work by a guy who integrate#s typography wonderfully into his illustration style. I'm a big fan. http://www.fifteen.ca/

Grenn on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Currenly, I'm on a Rockwell trip. I did my resume all in Rockwell.... I love my resume! though it's the most expensive resume ever to print. $10.00 each!

Edit: Hey, I got a $250 ATM gift card in the mail! I'm gonna buy some new tires for my car and mail some fancy soap to my GF. I bought her some soap.... is this a good "just because" gift? It's very fancy soap! I'm bad with presents.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I think fancy soap is a good "just because" present.

Also, rockwell is amazing.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Prosp, I'm gonna mail you some fancy soap too... just because.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Flay wrote: »
    Fix'd.

I say "whaaaaaa?"

why would you type in 10pt font when you're writing?

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Grenn wrote: »
    Baskerville's nice. I like it very, very much. I actually bought a bunch of old digitized metal-set type from the HPLHS. Beautiful, warm type, elegant ascenders and descenders, good x-heights.

Good call. I regularly use those HPLHS fonts.

My favourite typefaces at the moment are Serifa and Rockwell. Similar but both good for different things.

Also, we're not talking about typography.

Saying we're talking about typography is like suggesting a thread where people list their favourite pencils is talking about art. :P

Also: here's some work by a guy who integrate#s typography wonderfully into his illustration style. I'm a big fan. http://www.fifteen.ca/

oooh, pretty!

also i'm pretty sure i just sold a client on me just by showing him my poster made with those HPLHS fonts and explaining their origin and that they were made from leadset type

also that fifteen guy is awesome

also those fonts are awesome

jeez, like i didn't ilke you enough already, grenn

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oooh were talking about fonts? This is fun!

Also those metal-set type fonts are pretty awesome, I just downloaded the free set but I might consider getting the cd.

e: Yay I got a 100% on the helvetica test, what do I win?

Veritas on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    I am watching The Good, The Bad and The Ugly right now while doing character turnarounds in the school library, and it is wonderful.

Also, Tom Waits plays the devil in Terry Gilliam's new movie!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Prosp, I'm gonna mail you some fancy soap too... just because.

You know the way to my heart MT, fancy soap.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    so apparently they're remaking Straw Dogs. I preemptively call bullshit.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tom Waits rules.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    Sooo, Apparently I hit 30k in views on DA. I was feeling good until I realized Wakka is at 500k.

Also, I spilled hookah water in my messenger bag, greatly increasing my need for a new bag, as it smells like cherry vanilla syrup and ash now. Bleeeh.

Iruka on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Im almost at 2000!

Anyone live around Memphis?

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Cool Slideshow: Disappearing NYC Store Fronts

Kind of depressing, but also interesting and has some cool photos and store signage.

Veritas on
  • Options
    Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm at 16k. I'm a little surprised, Iruka. You've had a DD and I haven't.

Also, on an unrelated note concerning Charis' and my ongoing mouse problem, the pest guy came in today while we were at class and put down a couple snap traps - which we didn't have before. And, one of them caught a mouse. It was pretty gross. I have to admit.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Options
    CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Iruka wrote: »
    Sooo, Apparently I hit 30k in views on DA. I was feeling good until I realized Wakka is at 500k.

Also, I spilled hookah water in my messenger bag, greatly increasing my need for a new bag, as it smells like cherry vanilla syrup and ash now. Bleeeh.

As far as spilled things in purses go, it could be a lot worse

Charis on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Charis wrote: »

As far as spilled things in purses go, it could be a lot worse

heh, yeah, I was keeping my baby in my purse for a while. not doing that again.

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Gays don't have babies, don't bullshit a bullshitter.

Charis on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    My girlfriend's an asshole. Also, wtf totp.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yesssss

Charis on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Gays don't have babies.
    Don't tell me what I can't do.

lost-locke.jpg

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Whatever, state laws will tell you what you can and can't do.

State laws and biology.

Charis on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Gayby.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I think you mean biology.

Physics has little to do with it.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    THERE WAS NOTHING THERE

Charis on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Physics, dear? REALLY?

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nope, see, it's not there.
    I've been in art school too long.

Charis on
  • Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If you feel your biology knowledge is lacking we could switch places for a while.

lyrium on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    State laws and biology.
    State laws and biology don't mean shit on the Island.

richard_alpert.jpg

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    charlie.jpg

Chawlie

Charis on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I hit 550k the other day.....no wait 550k minus the k. Now that I think about it that's actually much worse.

Mustang on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    Radar6590 wrote: »
    I'm at 16k. I'm a little surprised, Iruka. You've had a DD and I haven't.

Also, on an unrelated note concerning Charis' and my ongoing mouse problem, the pest guy came in today while we were at class and put down a couple snap traps - which we didn't have before. And, one of them caught a mouse. It was pretty gross. I have to admit.

You have a more manga like style, so I'm not really surprised. I mean, after the two DD's I've had, my next popular works are mostly fan art, with the exception of Mouthface and this. If It weren't for the WoW fanart Id have substantially less hits.

So yeah, mustang if you want some hits you should whore out a bit.

And Charis, I donno. kicking a hookah onto my bag is pretty bad. its covered in ash and has now gotten alittle sticky. Im just glad my lappy wasn't in it.

Iruka on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Iruka wrote:
    So yeah, mustang if you want some hits you should whore out a bit.

I've considered it, but I want people to like my art for arts sake not because I kiss their ass. You and Wak are getting power hits because your art is god damned incredible. I expect i'll draw more of a crowd when I start doing good work.

Mustang on
This discussion has been closed.