As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAXers hit Las Vegas: June 2010.

2»

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Arco, you... you cannot do this to me. I am bound by mine HONOR to attend any party you organize henceforth. Vegas? You bastard. June? You double bastard.

Rius on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hah. I appreciate it, but this actually wasn't my idea. I think it was The DIMD's. I don't know if I'll be organizing this or not, and there's going to be a lot less organizing to be done. It's just going to be "be in Vegas at _________ hotel on ________ weekend for lots of fun." We might all go in on a suite or something, but even that requires very little planning.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Also just need to throw this out, on 3rd and Tropicina... the Pinball Hall of Fame... it's heavenly like.

Which is half a mile east of The Gun Store, shooting range with fully automatic rifles. $50 ($45 with the coupon on the site) for the full auto gun of your choice and 50 rounds (2 clips), if you're into that thing.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    thegh0stthegh0st Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pro tip: Do not come here during the last few months of November. It's one of our busiest times of year and all the hotels jack up their prices. (including mine) The first couple weeks of November is the calm before the storm. Avoid Vegas during New Years' like the plague. I think ideally you'd want to come during spring break March-May because everyone tends to drop their room rates to accommodate the college crowd. I can get two bedroom villas (900 sq ft)where I work for $80 per night, but I totally don't trust any of you to not get me fired lol.

Local gamer secret: Gameworld on Charleston/Jones is awesome. They have a giant arcade and sell all kinds of old school games. They don't have a website, but it's totally worth a trip over there.

thegh0st on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    If you're not driving through Montana at night, it's not as epic.

Driving Thru Montana At Night = Desert Bus 2: Fuck You Montana

Having never been to Vegas, I am definitely 100% up for this. Spring Break sounds like a good idea money wise but bad crowd-wise. June still leaves time to save money for PAX Prime.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited October 2009
    I'm pretty sure we made the Desert Bus 2 joke while driving through montana, at night.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ..shouldnt the opening topic be changed to June if it is going to be June...and I would so be interested, I simply love Vegas!! Its been a year and I am due to deposit my $$ to help their local economy...

Rayman on
  • Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm in. After all it’s not like I can turn down a great weekend with friends... Just no dumping dead hookers in the bathtub of the suite, treat them with some respect; dump the corps in the bin outside. It even has a sign telling you which one to dump your dead hooker in.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pennies in a wishing well I knew, but dead hookers in a wishing bin is a "knew" one.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Changed the thread title to "June" and updated.

Based on the interest, I'd say this might actually happen. Vegas, anyone?

Arco on
  • Options
    RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am in. I just need hard dates about a month out to get the time off of work. I love Vegas, its so family oriented...NOT!

Rayman on
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My birthday's June 17th, so I'm thinking this should be my friend get together this year.

I did Magic Mountain last year (video below), which was very awesome, but this has epic written all over it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuzd2lKAcw

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    We've got like 30 people expressing interest already, and it's October. So I think this is probably a go. Hard dates and details are a long way off, but the test balloon was great success.

Arco on
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    it's much closer to june now. will we be discussing details for this soon? all i ask is that we don't plan things on june 6th or 20th, as i have to drop my parents off at the airport on the 6th and pick them up on the 20th

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was recently curious about this too. I thought the idea had kinda been scrapped, but it would be awesome to go along with it.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So if we're not of legal drinking age, should we even consider coming?

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Planning could totally commence on this. However, I'm going to have to step out. Between PAX Prime and PAX East, I simply don't have the funds or the available vacation to do the Vegas thing. It sucks, but that's how it goes.

I suppose I was unofficially in charge of it, so I'll be relinquishing that unofficial title now.

As far as the legal drinking age, I think that's a judgment call for you.

Arco on
  • Options
    RicinRicin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I would totally be down for this in 2011, as long as we can get solid dates it should be awesome. I would also ask that it not be scheduled the same week as E3 as I am trying to see if a double dip could be arranged.

Keep me posted with a PM if this idea does begin to fly.

Ricin

Ricin on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I likely wouldn't be able to make this trip this summer either. Hopefully we'll do it next year or make it an annual thing or something, because this would be so epic.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    crackgoblincrackgoblin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    aw, i was hoping there would be a cedar point meet up. i was actually heading over there in june so it would have been awesome

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I did a cedar point meetup a couple years ago. It was great fun, but coordinating 18 people in a roller coaster park was... a challenge at best.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My vacation plans got switched from vegas to austin. Maybe next year? I would also be interested in a cedar point meet up.

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I would be all over the cedar point meetup, however I have classes 5 days a week all summer, so I don't know how reasonably I could plan something.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png