As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CHAOS] In the spring, in the time when kings go off to war (Audience participation!)

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, you're not going to be able to advance dial at all this turn Khorne, that's pretty rough.

Ummm...

I love you?

I blame Slaanesh.

Inquisitor on
  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    Valkun wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I believe the only fight is in troll country anyway?

We still have to roll for taking peasants. They're delicious I hear.

If they counted for my dial advancement, I would be slightly happier at this moment.

It's hard to believe you got completely countered. That was most unexpected. Guess you ought to teach them (not me) a lesson next turn!

Valkun on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, you're not going to be able to advance dial at all this turn Khorne, that's pretty rough.

Ummm...

I love you?

I love you too. I plan to show you just how much soon.

Darian on
    edited October 2009
    At least no one is going to double dial advance this turn however Khorne, I was definitely keeping an eye out to prevent that from happening.

Inquisitor on
    edited October 2009
    Norsca: 0 Hits
    Troll Country: 0 Hits

Papa Nurgle doesn't like to fight.

Valkun on
    edited October 2009
    At least no one is going to double dial advance this turn however Khorne, I was definitely keeping an eye out to prevent that from happening.

In theory, I could have tried to expand Southward, but that'd require his warrior getting no hits at all.

Valkun on
    edited October 2009

In theory, I could have tried to expand Southward, but that'd require his warrior getting no hits at all.

Yeah, I was actually hoping you were going to try that and then I was going to teleport his warrior to there instead of to Kislev. :P

Inquisitor on
    edited October 2009

Yeah, I was actually hoping you were going to try that and then I was going to teleport his warrior to there instead of to Kislev. :P

At least this way, there'll be a REAL bloodbath there the next turn. I kind of hope Slaneesh gets rid of that warrior for me in troll country. Just provides another target for Karian next turn. I'm absolutely dumbfounded as to why he would send it out there in the first place. I don't even have enough figures there to beat their resistance and claim VP.

Valkun on
    edited October 2009
    Bloodletter in The Empire: 0 hits

Bloodletters have no heart for combat against little peasants.

Darian on
  • dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

At least this way, there'll be a REAL bloodbath there the next turn. I kind of hope Slaneesh gets rid of that warrior for me in troll country. Just provides another target for Karian next turn. I'm absolutely dumbfounded as to why he would send it out there in the first place. I don't even have enough figures there to beat their resistance and claim VP.

I'm still very new at this. Extremely new.

dunedainjedi on
    edited October 2009
    I'm starting to think those mortal races are tougher than we give them credit for. Next turn should we just wipe out all the peasants and ignore each other for a while? That'll show 'em.

Valkun on
    edited October 2009

I'm still very new at this. Extremely new.

Slaneesh is the one that can go either VP or Dial right? I'm sure you'll find some way to leverage it into your overall strategy. My advice to you: get the hell out of Kislev as fast as possible because the gloves are coming off. :lol:

Edit: For the next two days, I'll only be available for short periods when I'm not off having fun off the internet.

Valkun on
    edited October 2009
    For pain and pleasure. Ok mostly pain. Nada

dunedainjedi on
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey guys, helpful IC tidbit here.

Roll Xd6.hitsopen(4,6). It'll reroll 6s and then count all the dice 4 and above and give you a convenient number of hits.

Delmain on
    edited October 2009
    Tzeentch and Slaanesh can win via dial or via VP.

Khorne generally can only win via Dial.

Nurgle generally can only win via VP.

Inquisitor on
    edited October 2009
    So we are waiting on Rend now correct?

dunedainjedi on
    edited October 2009
    So we are waiting on Rend now correct?

Pretty much, we can't do anything until he adds corruption to the map and plays the next old world card.

Inquisitor on
    edited October 2009
    Well, my nurglings, have I done you proud? I know the Plague Touch was probably a waste, but it did throw a wrench in Tzeentch's machinations. That, and I forgot the rules of placement via his treachery. Any advice on opening with Nurgle? Did I play too conservatively?

Valkun on
    edited October 2009
    Well, my nurglings, have I done you proud? I know the Plague Touch was probably a waste, but it did throw a wrench in Tzeentch's machinations. That, and I forgot the rules of placement via his treachery. Any advice on opening with Nurgle? Did I play too conservatively?

I think you played quite well given the circumstances of the board. Kislev is going to be half way to ruination between you and slaanesh and you will have the majority of the corruption tokens there for now.

Opening with a warrior was a bit of a headscratcher to myself personally, an intimidation tactic perhaps?

And that plague touch actually did throw a wrench in my plans, but, not quite in the way you may think it did.

Inquisitor on
    edited October 2009

I think you played quite well given the circumstances of the board. Kislev is going to be half way to ruination between you and slaanesh and you will have the majority of the corruption tokens there for now.

Opening with a warrior was a bit of a headscratcher to myself personally, an intimidation tactic perhaps?

And that plague touch actually did throw a wrench in my plans, but, not quite in the way you may think it did.

More or less. I was doing my best to push you up against Khorne, because, hey, who doesn't love a little blood spray coloring the land? Once I saw that I could molest Kislev unhindered, I went for it with full gusto. Even if Slaneesh did throw some more cultists there, I'd probably still edge him out on the ruination because that's what Nurgle does best.

That was some very interesting screwing around on your part, but in the end you only got a single dial advancement token right?

Valkun on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Yesssss Grandfather...yeeeesssss

3cl1ps3 on
    edited October 2009
    That was some very interesting screwing around on your part, but in the end you only got a single dial advancement token right?

Yep. I only had one magic symbol in my entire hand of cards however, so at best I could only get a single dial advancement.

That's why I was playing so cautiously, because if where I played my one magic symbol to didn't pan out I wouldn't have received any dial advancement at all.

Inquisitor on
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, that happened to me the first time we played. It'll get better. At least you played a good number of cards so you'll get a bunch back.

Delmain on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    :shock: Mr. Blarney's map doesn't have the arrows on it! I can't believe he'd actually forget something like that.

I didn't think it was really that necessary - the order is easy enough to remember, don't you think?

Besides, you guys are just blazing through the game turns so quickly that the map's not getting much use anyways... it's almost unnecessary. :/

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited October 2009
    But Blarney, it's less than perfect, not up to your normal standards!

Delmain on
    edited October 2009
    :(

And then MrBlarney never made a map again, paralyzed by the fear of making any further imperfections and blemishes on the world.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited October 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »

And then MrBlarney never made a map again, paralyzed by the fear of making any further imperfections and blemishes on the world.

But Blarney, that was nothing but a compliment! Your ambition and drive gives us all hope in our darkest hours!

Delmain on
    edited October 2009
    Delmain wrote: »

But Blarney, that was nothing but a compliment! Your ambition and drive gives us all hope in our darkest hours!

Oh, okay. :)

And so it was that MrBlarney continued to make maps to assist others in PbP boardgames. The End.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited October 2009
    Delmain wrote: »

Oh, okay. :)

And so it was that MrBlarney continued to make maps to assist others in PbP boardgames. The End.

*Standing Ovation*

Delmain on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    chaos14.gif

Corruption Phase
    -Domination Step-
    Norsca is not dominated.
    Troll country is not dominated.
    Kislev is not dominated (tied, nurgle v slaanesh).
    The Empire is not dominated.
    Bretonnia is not dominated.
    Estalia is not dominated.
    Tilea is not dominated.
    The Border Princes are dominated by Tzeentch (+1 VP Tzeentch).
    The Badlands are not dominated.

Total Domination VPs:
    Khorne: 0
    Nurgle: 0
    Tzeentch: 1
    Slaanesh: 0

-Corruption Step-
    Slaanesh places 2 corruption in Kislev (+1 dial)
    Nurgle places 4 corruption in Kislev (+1 dial)
    Tzeentch places 2 corruption in Bretonnia (+1 dial)

Corruption counters are placed.

End Phase
    -Peasants Killed
    -Threat Dials advanced
    Khorne: 3 threat
    Nurgle: (3 VP) 5 threat
    Tzeentch: (Place 1 Warpstone) 7 threat
    Slaanesh: (3 VP) 8 threat

Tzeentch, where would you like to place your warpstone?

Rend on
    edited October 2009
    Perhaps I will claim what Nurgle earlier denied me...

Place it in Estalia.

Inquisitor on
    edited October 2009
    chaos21.gif

Old World Phase
    Draw: Dwarf Trollslayers - Place one hero token in each of norsca and kislev, or troll country and the empire. In the end phase when old world cards are resolved, the player with the smallest threat score places an additional hero token in any region where there is already a hero token.

Khorne, as the power with the lowest threat, yours is this choice.

Rend on
    edited October 2009
    Norsca and Kislev

Darian on
    edited October 2009
    Also, why did a cultist move from The Border Princes to Tilea when you did that last update?

Darian on
    edited October 2009
    Wh...what?

Dude that is an scary as all hell old world card.

Not sure which would be the better choice, personally. Either way Slaanesh is only going to get one more place where he can advance dial. I guess the real choice is put it in Kislev to try to stop it from ruining (but run the risk of it ruining and then the hero not being very useful) or put it in the Empire to make expanding their less appealing to Nurgle/Slaanesh.

*shrugs* Up to you of course Mr. Khorne.

Edit: I see that you decided, and yes, as much as I love my teleporting cultists the one in tilea should be in the border princes.

Inquisitor on
    edited October 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    Also, why did a cultist move from The Border Princes to Tilea when you did that last update?

Oops, sorry that was a mistake and the map reverted to an earlier state on accident. I'll move it back when I update right now.

Rend on
    edited October 2009
    Wh...what?

Dude that is an scary as all hell old world card.

Not sure which would be the better choice, personally. Either way Slaanesh is only going to get one more place where he can advance dial. I guess the real choice is put it in Kislev to try to stop it from ruining (but run the risk of it ruining and then the hero not being very useful) or put it in the Empire to make expanding their less appealing to Nurgle/Slaanesh.

*shrugs* Up to you of course Mr. Khorne.

Edit: I see that you decided, and yes, as much as I love my teleporting cultists the one in tilea should be in the border princes.

While I'm doing this, would you like to discard for your draw phase?

Rend on
    edited October 2009
    I have no cards left in my hand I am pretty sure Mr. Rend.

Inquisitor on
    edited October 2009
    I have no cards left in my hand I am pretty sure Mr. Rend.

I should check before I ask that sort of question.

Rend on
    edited October 2009
    Old World Phase
    Norsca and Kislev have been chosen.

In response to the less-than-comforting events of the recent past, one race has stood up to bring the fight to the enemy at hand. Whilst the human nations are busy dealing with the Norse forces, Dwarven heroes, led by none other than the Slayer Gotrek himself, advance on concentrations of the ruinous powers, especially in Kislev.

"Thank you for aiding us, we are truly in your debt."
    Gotrek spat. "Ye dunna owe us nothin'. The Chaos must be destroyed, and if we're to do it, we gotta band together."
    "In Sigmar's name."
    "Heh. Balls to yer Sigmar, this one's in the name of me axe."

Draw Phase
    -Hands have been updated

Summoning Phase
    -The time has come once again. But be quick... the Old World fights back hardy against you.

chaos22.gif

Rend on