As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stupid, stupid customer base (terrible customer reviews)

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    fast food workers act like smart asses

would you like a camera crew over to your place to record this breaking news?

Raneados on
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Two dudes walked into subway today, thugged out head to toe in Dolce and Gabana clothing, completely unable to speak a coherent english sentence between the two of them.

They converse between themselves in Arabic for a while, then finally step forward.

"What can I get for you guys?"
    "CHICKEN"
    "What kind of chicken?"
    "..."

So I start doing the pointing game, where I point to each kind of chicken we have. To every single chicken I point to I am met with an inquisitive "Pork?"

"No sir, there is no pork in our chicken"

They finally decide on the buffalo chicken.

"What kind of bread?"
    "..."
    "..."
    "Best you got"
    "Pork?"
    "No sir, there is no pork in our bread"

So I just start making them a basic sandwich. By reflex I start doing all the questions that we're supposed to do.

"What kind of cheese would you like"
    "Best you got"
    "Pork?"

Toast the sandwiches, veggies go okay. My co-worker offers them the ranch dressing that goes with the sandwich.

"Pork?"

At this time, my co-worker just starts shaking in silent laughter, and struggles out a "No sir, there's no pork in our ranch dressing"

Then they tried to pay for their sandwiches with their United Arab Emirates cards, and after I got the cash off of them, they spilled orange juice everywhere and didn't bother to clean it up or let us know, which led to me getting chewed by a customer for keeping such a dirty store.

That was my day at subway.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    B.C. wrote: »
    Two dudes walked into subway today, thugged out head to toe in Dolce and Gabana clothing, completely unable to speak a coherent english sentence between the two of them.

They converse between themselves in Arabic for a while, then finally step forward.

"CHICKEN"
    "What kind of chicken?"
    "..."

So I start doing the pointing game, where I point to each kind of chicken we have. To every single chicken I point to I am met with an inquisitive "Pork?"

"What kind of bread?"
    "..."
    "..."
    "Best you got"
    "Pork?"

So I just start making them a basic sandwich. By reflex I start doing all the questions that we're supposed to do.

"Best you got"
    "Pork?"

Toast the sandwiches, veggies go okay. My co-worker offers them the ranch dressing that goes with the sandwich.

"Pork?"

At this time, my co-worker just starts shaking in silent laughter, and struggles out a "No sir, there's no pork in our ranch dressing"

Then they tried to pay for their sandwiches with their United Arab Emirates cards, and after I got the cash off of them, they spilled orange juice everywhere and didn't bother to clean it up or let us know, which led to me getting chewed by a customer for keeping such a dirty store.

Dude, you fucking survived a terror attack.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pork?

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    thugged out head to toe in Dolce and Gabana

What?

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I hope they enjoyed their sandwiches.

Their AMERICAN GODDAMN FREEDOM SANDWICHES.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Serving those guys made my day.

B.C. on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Maybe there was pork in the orange juice.

Butler on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

What?

All black D&G.
    Pants riding low, one shirt real baggy. The other shirt real loose. Beanie for one and bling for the other.
    All emblazoned with the D&G.

B.C. on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Butler wrote: »
    Maybe there was pork in the orange juice.

"GODDAMN AMERICAN BACON ORANGES! I TOLD YOU WE SHOULD HAVE GONE TO BLIMPIE'S, ABDULLAH!"

"YOU WERE RIGHT, OKAY? JUST DROP IT, GREG."

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pork?

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Pork?

HAM.

B.C. on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ba Con?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

What?

All black D&G.
    Pants riding low, one shirt real baggy. The other shirt real loose. Beanie for one and bling for the other.

That's not very thug.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    One of them actually wanted bacon, and was dismayed when told that it was pork.

B.C. on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

What?

All black D&G.

That's not very thug.

Look I'm using the concept very loosely.

B.C. on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Would you like some pork?

Pork?

Pork

Pork?

Pork

No Pork

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009

What?

All black D&G.

That's not very thug.

nah man, dolce makes some pretty urban clothing these days.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    They were obviously sons of filthy rich oil barons.

You should've slapped a few zeroes on to the end of the total cost and they totally woulda just given you a few fat wads of $100 bills from their briefcases.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    FuzzFuzz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    fast food workers act like smart asses

would you like a camera crew over to your place to record this breaking news?

Rane, I thought you were cool, but now I know you're just mean.

Meany.
    i still think you're cool though..

Fuzz on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't know man, I'm pretty sure there's some pork in ranch dressing.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    ScrumScrum __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    This is a story about me and my boss. We are Best Friends Forever!

A Brand New Day:
    I work at Safeway. First off, kill me. Seriously awful job. Anyways, my first manager got fired and demoted for being an incompetent prick sometime around last March. In comes our new manager, fresh out of the training program and groomed for success by our district manager. Or so I'm told, he comes off as an over-polite telemarketer recording transformed through some obscene ritual into a Safeway golem. This guy is seriously fake, way to polite, will never give a straight answer, and just won't wipe that smug look off his face.

Why I hate the Safeway Golem:
    On his first day in the store, he informs me about twenty minutes into my shift that started at 6am that the bathrooms aren't clean enough and that I need to do them again. At this stage of they day, I am barely functional and can barely even stand, but I still did a fairly decent job on the bathroom given what I had to work with. Anyhow, I say I'll do it again and I spend a good twenty minutes re-mopping the bathroom and cleaning everything I can see.

At around 8 am, new boss comes up to me and informs me that the bathrooms aren't "up to par". I inform him that I cleaned them thoroughly, and we go into the bathroom together to see what is wrong. He stands in front of the urinal and asks me "Do you see something wrong here?" I gaze into the porcelain bowl and can't quite make out what he wants me to see "No," I say. He points at a piece of gum lying nestled in the yellow basin "That's not supposed to be in there" he says. At this point, he made me pick it up with my hand, never letting go of the horrible grin etched on his slab face. As I fantasize about choking him to death with the piece of gum, an eery calm comes over me. Revenge will be mine. On top of my own passive aggressive approach of eating an egg burrito every morning before work and then farting in his office while I "cleaned" it before he got there every morning, Karma seemed to have a plan in store for my boss.

In Which my Manager Learns a Lesson:
    The back room of Safeway is a torture chamber right out of one those dreadful Saw movies. Cold cement walls, cracked cement floors, the smell of trash, and the sound of customers shitting give ya a hearty howdy-do when one walks into this Safeway, and stands as a constant plague upon the sanity of the employees trapped inside. Now, it's already pretty awful inside of this store but when the toilets and drain system clogs it's like crawling inside of Mephistopheles ass hole and taking a shit--one almost expects to see Hitler chained in the back being sodomized by a pack of wild boars. Hyperbole set aside for now, the drains in the walkways are apparently connected with the toilets so every time someone flushes the toilets, the water seeps further out into the back room and the the smell begins to yell louder at my nose. And when I say water, I mean used toilet water mixed with feces, urine, old milk, any chemical we've dumped recently, and the collected grime of 60 years of disrepair. People are gagging and running out of the store.

I isolate the clog to the drain outside the milk cooler. My boss asks me to stick my hand in the drain to see what is clogging it, to which I tell him "No," and suggest that he waits until the plumber we called comes to repair it. Well, screw patience, my boss sticks his hand down in the drain and pulls out the plug to reveal a drain full of hair, feces, chunks of old milk, more hair, "goop", and the crown jewel; a single blood-soaked tampon. As soon as his bare hand touched the bloody old thing, the smug fucking smile came right off his face and his body began to convulse while he violently gagged for about a minute.

A Choice:
    Now, what would you, dear reader, do in this situation? I had the choice of looking away, and pretending it didn't happen. I could console the man, in his hour of need and help him find something to clean himself up. I could...I could....laugh? Yes! I laughed--laughed as uncontrollably as he was convulsing, at the top of my lungs. And this was no mere laugh of shock, no! It was a horrible, raucous, mocking laugh, as disgusting to the ears of my shamed boss as the treasure found in the clog was to his eyes. Justice was mine.

Scrum on
  • Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Your employer was willing to do something he asked you to do, that right there is pretty fucking solid.

The fact that you hold such disdain for being held to a high standard on the bathroom though makes you a nancy pants.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Your state wouldn't let me pump my own gas. I thus felt obligated to tip the man pumping my gas. WTF?

Edit: Are you sure he's not an extremely tall adolescent?

joshgotro on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    good story scrum

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Technically Jigrah, what he asked me to do both times was illegal according to my union rights though I didn't know it at the time. And yes, I was being a "nancy pants" about my boss forcing me to pick up a piece of gum lying in a urinal with my bare hands. Oh, I also forgot to mention that our store is right by a half-way house and is the place to go for drug addicts and hobos to pee. And my boss being pretty solid? What? That was incredibly stupid of him, the plumber showed up like twenty minutes later with the proper equipment but my boss was too much of a dumbass to wait for him to show up.

Scrum on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So where do you work now, Scrum?

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The same place. Seriously, Kill me.

Scrum on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

"CHICKEN"
    "What kind of chicken?"
    "..."

"What kind of bread?"
    "..."
    "..."
    "Best you got"
    "Pork?"

"Best you got"
    "Pork?"

"Pork?"

This isn't that weird, they were probably trying to figure if the place fit in with a Halal diet. They knew the place wasn't really going to be Halal but they could avoid eating certain things.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    look, just because americans put bacon in everything doesn't mean we put bacon in everything

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Scrum wrote: »
    Technically, what he asked me to do was illegal within my union rights though I didn't know it at the time. Same with the second thing.

Unions have a lot of dumb laws these days, but that won't stop you from feeling all indignant.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Technically, what he asked me to do was illegal within my union rights though I didn't know it at the time. Same with the second thing.

I also work a very shitty job in a grocery store. I could say with 100% certainty that if anyone ever tried to get me to do the first thing with any degree of seriousness I would just hand in my nametag and leave.

freakish light on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jigrah wrote: »

Unions have a lot of dumb laws these days, but that won't stop you from feeling all indignant.

what?

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    jigrah, please

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It's cool, this thread is good enough not to destroy. Instead I am just going to make my exit.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't usually get these but the other day a woman came over and was like "I'd like to make a complaint" so I was all "sure" and she was like "with the air conditioning on in here it's so cold! I'm sitting over there practically shivering!" and I was like "well okay, I'll turn it off, thanks for telling us" and she was like "well it's too late now! I'm leaving!". I turned around and walked off. I was unaware that my job description included being psychic.

bongi on
  • Options
    T. J. Nutty Nub T. J. Nutty Nub Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It's cool, this thread is good enough not to destroy. Instead I am just going to make my exit.

>

T. J. Nutty Nub on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Your employer was willing to do something he asked you to do, that right there is pretty fucking solid.

The fact that you hold such disdain for being held to a high standard on the bathroom though makes you a nancy pants.

I'm not at all surprised that you would look up to someone for doing something incredibly fucking stupid.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Are you honestly pro-drugaddictedhobopeegum and tamponshitplugs?

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    you know, it just occurred to me

Jigrah is basically this guy:
    rimmer1.jpg

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg