As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hmm

AzioAzio Registered User regular
edited July 2005 in PAX Archive
valvepax.jpg

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Azio on

• LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    Yeah.

That you incorrectly marked the Meydenbauer.

It's in that exact location, but two blocks east.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    raid?

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    Yeah.

That you incorrectly marked the Meydenbauer.

It's in that exact location, but two blocks east.
    Google Earth has lied to me...

Azio on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    Yeah, it has it marked wrong. I just checked.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited July 2005
    Well it's fixed now. Either way... RAID PARTY OWNAGE FOR THE WIN!

Azio on
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    We tried last year, but the dude at the hardware store said Valve bought up all their crobars.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    So that's what the Meydenbauer Centre looks like from the top, eh? Groovy.

QuizMaster on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I wanna buy them pizza.

Shade on
  • BongoBongo Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I'm pretty sure they have tours, but I could be wrong....

Bongo on
  • graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2005
    ctishman wrote:
    We tried last year, but the dude at the hardware store said Valve bought up all their crobars.

You can't possibly be serious, can you?

graizur on
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Is this thread even real? Am I dreaming? What in the name of hell would you do at Valve? I would be inclined to say "If you have seen one game studio, you have seen them all" but I know that isn't true. Still, PAX would be MUCH more exciting than going into Valve.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't that the old Sierra building? Didn't Valve move out of there after the buyout? Aren't they in Seattle now?

Also, Arena.net (developers of Guild Wars) is in Bellevue, for those that don't know. Now I KNOW they give tours.

TrainwreckX on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    Is this thread even real? Am I dreaming? What in the name of hell would you do at Valve? I would be inclined to say "If you have seen one game studio, you have seen them all" but I know that isn't true. Still, PAX would be MUCH more exciting than going into Valve.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't that the old Sierra building? Didn't Valve move out of there after the buyout? Aren't they in Seattle now?

Also, Arena.net (developers of Guild Wars) is in Bellevue, for those that don't know. Now I KNOW they give tours.

The old Sierra building was right off of I-90 near Eastgate, probably about seven or eight miles from there. Valve's offices are in downtown Bellevue.

Doc on
    edited July 2005
    Right, now I remember seeing "SIERRA" off of the freeway in the "olden" days.

TrainwreckX on
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Well, an invasion was planned to force the release of HL2, but it never got off the ground.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
    edited July 2005
    PAX doesn't start until 2:00 (3 if you didn't preregister). It'd give us something to do.

Azio on
  • BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2005
    uh

no

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
    edited July 2005
    It doesn't take an imagination to think about one of the 15 year olds from here going to Valve and saying "Hey can I come in and see your new game?" I would want to be there to laugh harder than I have ever laughed before.

Edit: I'm with Borfase, do you have no common sense? Can you just walk into Valve whenever you want? I'm pretty sure - "no".

TrainwreckX on
    edited July 2005
    You're such a killjoy.

Azio on
    edited July 2005
    Dr.%20Killjoy.jpg

Edit: This is Dr. Killjoy from The Suffering.

TrainwreckX on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    It doesn't take an imagination to think about one of the 15 year olds from here going to Valve and saying "Hey can I come in and see your new game?" I would want to be there to laugh harder than I have ever laughed before.

Edit: I'm with Borfase, do you have no common sense? Can you just walk into Valve whenever you want? I'm pretty sure - "no".

pfft. I'm gonna walk right in set 2 pizzas down on the reception desk with a note saying thank you and keep up the good work. look around for a moment then walk out again and leave the receptionist throughly confused.

Shade on
    edited July 2005
    Indeed. I'll try to organize a donation of "3 dozen krispykremes kthx" in much the same manner.

Azio on
  • BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2005
    quit being so lame

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
    edited July 2005
    Thank you Borfase

Seriously guys, wtf are you talking about? I think Starcraft is the greatest game ever made. Did I go give Blizzard a hand job when I went to Irvine? Hell no! I didn't even consider for a SECOND going anywhere near that place. What would have been the point?

This is the most lame thread ever. I hope Gabe Newell is alergic to Crispy Creams so that you guys get sued, so something else equally retarded/lame happens.

TrainwreckX on