As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Stupid, stupid customer base (terrible customer reviews)

• AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Fuzz wrote: »
    Wait, did he make fun of me? Because if he did, well, Spanish Law declares that I must kill him.

Actually I think Spanish Law only applies if he kills your father instead of paying for a beautiful sword

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    AMP'd wrote: »
    Fuzz wrote: »
    Wait, did he make fun of me? Because if he did, well, Spanish Law declares that I must kill him.

Actually I think Spanish Law only applies if he kills your father instead of paying for a beautiful sword

This has been reported for awesome.

A simple clean delivery. Well done.

DrZiplock on
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    :oops:

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    AMP'd, you're alright
    B.C. wrote: »
    Two dudes walked into subway today, thugged out head to toe in Dolce and Gabana clothing, completely unable to speak a coherent english sentence between the two of them.

They converse between themselves in Arabic for a while, then finally step forward.

"What can I get for you guys?"
    "CHICKEN"
    "What kind of chicken?"
    "..."

So I start doing the pointing game, where I point to each kind of chicken we have. To every single chicken I point to I am met with an inquisitive "Pork?"

"No sir, there is no pork in our chicken"

They finally decide on the buffalo chicken.

"What kind of bread?"
    "..."
    "..."
    "Best you got"
    "Pork?"
    "No sir, there is no pork in our bread"

So I just start making them a basic sandwich. By reflex I start doing all the questions that we're supposed to do.

"What kind of cheese would you like"
    "Best you got"
    "Pork?"

Toast the sandwiches, veggies go okay. My co-worker offers them the ranch dressing that goes with the sandwich.

"Pork?"

At this time, my co-worker just starts shaking in silent laughter, and struggles out a "No sir, there's no pork in our ranch dressing"

Then they tried to pay for their sandwiches with their United Arab Emirates cards, and after I got the cash off of them, they spilled orange juice everywhere and didn't bother to clean it up or let us know, which led to me getting chewed by a customer for keeping such a dirty store.

That was my day at subway.

This isn't that weird, they were probably trying to figure if the place fit in with a Halal diet. They knew the place wasn't really going to be Halal but they could avoid eating certain things.

It's reasonable (juice spilling aside) but I just picture the Swedish Chef as an Arab now

Pork pork pork, pork pork

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • That Guy ThereThat Guy There Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    you know, it just occurred to me

Jigrah is basically this guy:
    rimmer1.jpg

One of my favorite shows. Dru, let's make sex.

That Guy There on
  • SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Augh, now I want to answer every question with "Pork?"

D:

Sipex on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So i'm down here at my parents, and my dad is paying for a 300kbps cable internet plan that he got back in 2001.

So I call the cable company and ask if they can bump the speed up without any kind of contract or price change, and they do it. Bump him up to 20mbps. What is my dads reaction to getting more bang for his buck?

FREAK THE FUCK OUT!

Weaver on
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ps1012.gif

ZeroFill on
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I had my chance today. I had it, it was right there, in front of my face.

I grabbed some scones from Starbucks on the way to work. A guy had just gotten a cup of coffee, he complained it was bitter. He was angry, and acting like an asshole. The barista asked him what was wrong, and what she could do. "Do you want another cup, sir?" "Of the same coffee? Do you even speak english?"

I get guys like this all the time, and I can NEVER say anything because I can't. But I was a customer, I could say whatever I wanted and never see this shitstain again, but my coworker was with me. Sweet little pentecostal Tabitha tried to talk to him and calm him down. I just tugged her arm and left.

God dammit.

Sara Lynn on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    how dare they serve him a bitter cup of coffee!

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I bet they heated it too, those ass holes.

Melding on
    edited October 2009
    this cup of coffee just fucking ruined my day!

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The nerve of those people.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    you know, it just occurred to me

Jigrah is basically this guy:
    rimmer1.jpg

I'm having a hard time debating this in my head!

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2009
    One of them actually wanted bacon, and was dismayed when told that it was pork.

oh god I was not expecting this

DJ Eebs on
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    On a good note, I got a raise today.

On a lesser note, I 'found' the note on my boss' desk whilst she was away, detailing all the mistakes I made in inventory. Mistakes that were really various plants that were never linked to begin with, some before the 2 1/2 years I've been there, so when I wrote down there SKU's they 'magically' weren't in the system! Fancy that. I'll be forwarding that 'mistake' letter, when I get it, to the Receiving dept, where they love me, so they can say "Yeah, next time don't let something like this slip by 3 inventories that you are in charge of" to her face.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wait they're trying to sabotage you?

The Black Hunter on
    edited October 2009
    no he's saying his boss is passing the buck to him and he's going to pass the info to the receiving dept so they can call her on her bullshit

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Usagi wrote: »
    Jigrah wrote: »
    Scrum wrote: »
    Technically, what he asked me to do was illegal within my union rights though I didn't know it at the time. Same with the second thing.

Unions have a lot of dumb laws these days, but that won't stop you from feeling all indignant.

what?

It's quite simple. Jigrah is dumb.

sarukun on
  • B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

It was rather something.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    jigrah, please

I sincerely hope this was intentional.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    sarukun wrote: »
    Technically, what he asked me to do was illegal within my union rights though I didn't know it at the time. Same with the second thing.

Unions have a lot of dumb laws these days, but that won't stop you from feeling all indignant.

what?

Erroneous, erroneous on all accounts!

Jigrah on
    edited October 2009

what?

There is only one account.

And it is bankable.

sarukun on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

It was rather something.

Was it rather... pork?

DarkPrimus on
    edited October 2009

what?

And it is bankable.

I've got some free time if you want to make a deposit.

Jigrah on
    edited October 2009

what?

And it is bankable.

I've already made a deposit.

Try to guess where!
    You guessed it, your mother.

sarukun on
    edited October 2009
    Technically Jigrah, what he asked me to do both times was illegal according to my union rights though I didn't know it at the time. And yes, I was being a "nancy pants" about my boss forcing me to pick up a piece of gum lying in a urinal with my bare hands. Oh, I also forgot to mention that our store is right by a half-way house and is the place to go for drug addicts and hobos to pee. And my boss being pretty solid? What? That was incredibly stupid of him, the plumber showed up like twenty minutes later with the proper equipment but my boss was too much of a dumbass to wait for him to show up.

There are a lot of people in authority positions that will tell people to do something they are unwilling to do. It is an unfortunately common practice. From that I think your boss deserves some respect.

Also what the fuck difference does it make if it is hobo pee or drug addict pee? Beyond that I mean seriously did you even ask for a pair of gloves? Probably not.. Your manager told you to pick it up and you just went along with it instead of problem solving and grabbing some paper towels or something. Hell picking it up probably didn't even bother you, your bitterness to the issue seems to come from being told you didn't do enough job and him being anal about it. You are just using everything else as an excuse to justify those feelings.

Jigrah on
    edited October 2009

what?

And it is bankable.

I've already made a deposit.

Try to guess where!
    You guessed it, your mother.

Quit playing, we both know you can't get hard from the ladies. I mean it takes you at least three dicks in the mouth till you are half mast.

Jigrah on
    edited October 2009
    Quit playing, we both know you can't get hard from the ladies. I mean it takes you at least three dicks in the mouth till you are half mast.

Don't be absurd, I cannot fit three entire pensises into my mouth.

Okay, I probably could.

sarukun on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Technically Jigrah, what he asked me to do both times was illegal according to my union rights though I didn't know it at the time. And yes, I was being a "nancy pants" about my boss forcing me to pick up a piece of gum lying in a urinal with my bare hands. Oh, I also forgot to mention that our store is right by a half-way house and is the place to go for drug addicts and hobos to pee. And my boss being pretty solid? What? That was incredibly stupid of him, the plumber showed up like twenty minutes later with the proper equipment but my boss was too much of a dumbass to wait for him to show up.

There are a lot of people in authority positions that will tell people to do something they are unwilling to do. It is an unfortunately common practice. From that I think your boss deserves some respect.

Also what the fuck difference does it make if it is hobo pee or drug addict pee? Beyond that I mean seriously did you even ask for a pair of gloves? Probably not.. Your manager told you to pick it up and you just went along with it instead of problem solving and grabbing some paper towels or something. Hell picking it up probably didn't even bother you, your bitterness to the issue seems to come from being told you didn't do enough job and him being anal about it. You are just using everything else as an excuse to justify those feelings.

Diseases and corporate liability.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jigrah having no idea that other human beings feel like being treated like human beings?

no, not Jigrah

The Black Hunter on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    it's true he smells

Raneados on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    also: i don't care what the job is I'm not picking GUM out of a URINAL with my HANDS

that's the point in your life where you grab a fucking towel

Raneados on
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I am not sure what possessed you to grab it with your hands.

sarukun on
    edited October 2009
    No department store job is worth risking hepatitis for just because your boss is a dick. He waits till you have gloves or he can eat a dick.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited October 2009
    fun fact: the only fast food job I've had I quit immediately after telling my boss to eat a dick

it is a fun thing to say!

Raneados on
    edited October 2009
    I just walked away from my first job after the 4th day of working in 100 degree weather on black top with no breaks for water.

If I could have, I would have told them all to eat my dick before walking away.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited October 2009
    did your boss TELL you no breaks

did you even ask

why didn't you bring water with you ONTO said blacktop?

Raneados on
  • moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    When I did marine construction in 100+ heat, the foreman usually got a cooler full of water or lemonade or some shit.

Or we bitched like no ones business.

One day I threw the (empty) cooler in the river on accident, which wasn't cool, because that was a gross fucking river. I had to take the work float off the side of the dock and go catch the cooler before it floated away.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
    edited October 2009
    Water bottles were supposed to be supplied. They were only supplied the one time a regional manager showed up to see how the renovations were going.

And we weren't allowed to bring our own water bottles because we might liter up their precious back lots.

We had to repaint about a billion shelves so we were lucky if we actually saw or (legally required) 15 minute break.

I was 14 at the time and it was my first job, I didn't know my rights.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454