As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Intel contests for PAX

124»

• Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Had a lot of fun chasing down the intel guys from the tweets. Didn't make it to even 1/4th of the locations. Mainly due to being in lines or in panels at the time of the tweets (oh wells).

Only had one questionable experience with an intel guy. Was an older gentleman who seemed really unhappy to give a card to me and my friend... Just wasn't friendly. Then watched as he pulled a single card out of one pocket and gave it to a girl before handing out from the normal stack again. Made my group really question how random some of it actually was.

Still thrilled to have gotten a couple shirts and a hat. Between me and my 3 friends I think we got around a dozen shirts and 4 hats.

Intel definitly brought the shwag to Pax.

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • chrisstiechrisstie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just had to post again how thrilled I am about the blame it on the lag tshirt I got.. I pulled it out of my bag today and was just marvelling at how it was magically shoved into the little tiny t-shirt shape. I wanted to compliment whoever packced this particular swag because it made it way easy to walk around with in my bag and its just rediculously cute :) yay!

chrisstie on
  • MagesMages Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    While I do love me some Intel and I know everyone has great reviews of it, I'm kind've angry at the booth guy giving the pins. I asked if I was legally eligible for the prizes being a minor and such and he insisted yes. I covered my entire body with pins at which point one of the card givers found me and told me I was ineligible. Plus the pins suck for moving =) they kind've dragged my down so I had to leave room so they weren't at any joints so I could move.

Mages on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Only had one questionable experience with an intel guy. Was an older gentleman who seemed really unhappy to give a card to me and my friend... Just wasn't friendly. Then watched as he pulled a single card out of one pocket and gave it to a girl before handing out from the normal stack again. Made my group really question how random some of it actually was.

Mmm... skirt bonus! :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • DivebommahDivebommah Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh hai guys!

Tiny little update for you. If you enjoyed playing our Game On button game at PAX, we're going to be doing a similar giveaway at the Fry's in Renton, WA this weekend.

We will be giving away eight core i7 CPUs, a new Toshiba gaming laptop and tons of cool T-shirts. Now think about this: How many people come into a Fry's every day vs. how many people were at Pax? Your odds of winning some swag are pretty damn good. Bring a friend. Bring many friends!

To participate, shoppers can visit the Intel kiosk at the Renton Fry’s during Sept. 12 and 13 from noon to 5 p.m. to receive a game card. The card can then be scanned at the in-store kiosk to redeem one of the hundreds of prizes. Intel will also be giving a $50 gift card to anyone who purchases a Velocity Micro desktop or Toshiba Qosmio laptop to spend in the store this weekend. Check out www.twitter.com/IntelGameOn for news and announcements about this appearance.

And if this one works out, we'll probably do it at other Fry's locations. So show up and say hello :)

ps. We're going to have Resident Evil 5 and Wolfenstein loaded up on the machines we're bringing.

Divebommah on
  • ninjownedninjowned Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If Renton wasn't so far from Bellingham I would totally go ha ha.

ninjowned on
    ninjowned!
    edited September 2009
    ninjowned wrote: »
    If Renton wasn't so far from Bellingham I would totally go ha ha.

Tell folks who live closer. Maybe they'll win an i7 and gift you their current machine in thanks :winky:

Divebommah on
  • Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DUDE! Come up here and give me one of those handy dandy Intel thingermagigers. I hear they are like really good and stuff.

Jules@Party934.com on
    edited September 2009
    DUDE! Come up here and give me one of those handy dandy Intel thingermagigers. I hear they are like really good and stuff.

Dude I don't think Canadian electrical outlets are compatible with these or something!?!1!! :mrgreen:

Divebommah on
    edited September 2009
    Dude I know how to contact you and stuff. Don't make me go all Canuckfu on your ass! :P

It was a pleasure hanging with you! I tried to catch you on Sat and Sun in between my running around, but I never saw you the few times I managed to make it to the booth.

Have a safe trip back down to Oregon!

Jules@Party934.com on
    edited September 2009
    Hah. You forget, I too know Canuckfu -- and mine is stronger than yours! Hii-ya!

And yeah, trying to find me at the booth those other days would have been tough, I was wandering around a lot. Sorry to hear you came down with the pax pox :(

Divebommah on
    edited September 2009
    CRAP YOU DO TO! I blame the pax pox for not remembering that.

And I don't know about yours being stronger than mine. I may be little but I am tough! GO NINJA GO NINJA GO NINJA GO! GO! GO! GO! Maybe next year at PAX we will have to challenge each other to a Canuckfu showdown.

And thanks once again for everything :) Seriously you Intel people rock!

Jules@Party934.com on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Intel guy: I dont know if I met you or not during PAX, were you one of the ones that I was talking to during setup?

I was the tall enforcer in the cape :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man, I've been surprised to see some people complaining about the Intel contest in that it was "too much work".

My god, putting in the requirement that you walk over to Bandland for a prize? Slave drivers!

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    edited September 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    Intel guy: I dont know if I met you or not during PAX, were you one of the ones that I was talking to during setup?

Heh, I saw you around but I don't think we ever spoke. I was the guy with the beard and the glasses and the brown/beige/black Timbuk2 bag.

Divebommah on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Divebommah wrote: »
    BigRed wrote: »

Heh, I saw you around but I don't think we ever spoke. I was the guy with the beard and the glasses and the brown/beige/black Timbuk2 bag.

Unless we spoke then odds are I don't remember. Saw so many people that weekend.
    Of the Intel booth I mostly delt with the two girls that were helping with it (one super skinny, the other more short and stalky), some logistics guy from another company that was helping you guys, and some other Intel guy who I dont remember (clean shaven, looked like he was in good shape, thats about all I remember, heh).
    Plus all the Intel guys in the PC room.

Oh well, next time ill inquire more with the intel booth whos that guy from the forums :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited September 2009
    Did you guys get your t-shirts yet? We shipped 'em out last week.

Divebommah on
  • ninjownedninjowned Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I haven't been home, but apparently I got a package from Portland, OR on Friday morning :winky:

ninjowned on
    ninjowned!
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I got a CPU (from Fry's), and I LOVE YOU GUYS! If you know/see Laurie please tell her that she is completely awesome! As were all of you!

MetaverseNomad on
  • NeoNeo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I got my shirt yesterday, what a nice surprise upon arriving home from work. Thanks!

Neo on
    -- This space for rent --
    edited October 2009
    Glad to see the shipments made it through. Those of you who snagged Core i7's, show us pics of your new system. Or maybe a video of you frying an egg on the heat sink, your choice!

Divebommah on
This discussion has been closed.