As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

West Coast SuperTrip 2.0

ben184ben184 Registered User regular
edited August 2005 in PAX Archive
This is the place to find updates on the West Coast SuperTrip: 2005.
Also use www.WestCoastSupertrip.com if forums go down...

Final schedule:
http://www.westcoastsupertrip.com/schedule.html

Summary:
Departure: 2:00PM Wednesday, August 24th, 2005
Arrival @ PAX: 5:30PM Thursday, August 25th, 2005
Arrival home: 8:00AM Tuesday, August 30th, 2005

Forum-Map.jpg

Final Waypoints (click for Google Maps):

San Diego, CA
Fry's Electronics
9825 Stonecrest Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92123

Newhall, CA
Pizza Hut
23430 Lyons Avenue
Newhall, CA 91321

Sacramento, CA
Fry's Electronics
4100 Northgate Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95834

Eugene, OR
IHOP
3427 Gateway St
Springfield, OR 97477

Portland, OR
Calackamas Town Center
12000 SE 82nd Ave
Portland, OR 97266

Meeting at EB Games (Click for Store Directory)

Bellevue, WA
Meydenbauer Center
11100 NE 6th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004

Participants: 15 people (6 vehicles)

To add your ride, email me your info: doidic "at" gmail "dot" com
To grab a ride with someone else, visit the rides section of the official website.

For the latest updates, and all information consolidated into one place, visit the official website: WestCoastSuperTrip.com

ben184 on

• ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Just as a reminder, we have waypoint captains for:
    -Los Angeles (Riverside)
    -Eugene
    -Portland
    -Additionally, we'll be handling the Bellevue end ourselves.

We need captains for:
    -Sacramento
    -San Diego (which at the moment looks a hell of a lot more viable than Phoenix)

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • ben184ben184 Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    I changed the schedule a bit. Now leaving San Diego at 6:00PM, arriving in Bellevue at 10:00PM. This allows anyone with a job or school in San Diego to finish their day.

We also got a URL today: WestCoastSuperTrip.com

Any thoughts?

ben184 on
    edited June 2005
    ben184 wrote:
    I changed the schedule a bit. Now leaving San Diego at 6:00PM, arriving in Bellevue at 10:00PM. This allows anyone with a job or school in San Diego to finish their day.
    Changed the schedule to leaving at 2:00PM. This allows us to arrive in Bellevue earlier at 5:30PM.

ben184 on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2005
    I'm currently living in Santa Rosa, and will be going to the Sacramento Waypoint (Fry's I assume)....and I was wondering if there was a leader for that point....don't have my license yet, but I still have 1 more appointment that I can go for soon...just wondering how far we've gotten on gettting the trip started. Oh and Red, if I get an extra ticket again, it's yours.

Unknown User on
    edited June 2005
    There isn't yet. We actually need one, and if you're into that sort of thing, we'd be glad to have you.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    edited June 2005
    Is the Supertrip West Coast (CA, OR, WA) only this year? I didn't get to go last year, but I seem to remember reading about a stop off in Phoenix.
    And if it were to spread to Phoenix, might anyone want to meet beforehand to organize things/see if we can all stand each other?
    There are at least 2 big gamery-type events I know of going on before PAX in AZ, ConGames (http://www.conevents.com/page/p05/main.asp) and HexaCon (http://www.hexacon.org/). Would anyone else want to meet at one or both of these locations and talk about setting up an extension to the Supertrip? Or just meet other local loonies who might fly, walk, or teleport to PAX?

What about other non- AZ locations, does anyone have any local pre-trip organizational ideas?

Unknown User on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2005
    There was a stop in AZ, but I believe they changed it to San Diego instead. If you really want to go on it, though, just gather people from AZ and meet with them in San Diego. Or LA or whichever. I'm sure that'd work...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • galen_myth1galen_myth1 Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Hey, guys, what's up? This one is mostly for Ben, but I had other questions too. Does anyone know if the guy coming from sacramento ( I believe his name is Al?) has other contact info, i.e, email or PA forum username? Also, does anyone know about any sponsorships we may be able to aquire? There was some talk of that kind of thing last year, and this year I thought I recalled something about BAWLS making sure the drivers were nicely fueled and caffinated along the way...?
    Thanks!

galen_myth1 on
    "You use weird things"-Dingo from ZOE 2

XBL:MythPlus

anyone for halo? :winky:
    edited July 2005
    The guy's forum ID is megapuppy. PM him or call (505) 310-0691 to arrange a ride. Note that he may not be returning until a week after PAX, but you could probably hitch a ride with someone heading further south for the return trip.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • MegapuppyMegapuppy Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I'm currently in limbo since I'm in the process of moving from New Mexico to California. If you'd like to cantact me, don't try that phone number, it's a little spotty and I'm not sure how long I have the bill paid up to.
    I'm not too confident about being the Waypoint captain. I really don't know the city very well. Im willing to be some kind of co-captain or something, If I get a list of numbers I can call on them to check progress and the like. But as i said, I don't know the city and I'm not going to be much help promoting the trip or figuring out a meeting place.

Megapuppy on
  • galen_myth1galen_myth1 Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Ok, Ok. I will *volunteer* to be the sacramento waypoint captain. However, I will need a ride back to sac from the expo, it seems, since megapuppy you are saying you are going to be coming back much later? Well, let me know, but I'll still be the captain if it will help :wink: Ok, well that's all for now, megapuppy if it's ok can I at least get a ride up with you?

galen_myth1 on
    "You use weird things"-Dingo from ZOE 2

XBL:MythPlus

anyone for halo? :winky:
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2005
    At this point is not looking like Ill be taking my car upto PAX as previously planned for a couple reasons. For starters, one of my friends may not be able to afford to go so wed have less drivers then wed like, and I only let people I know drive my car. Then theres also last weeks trip to Six Flags, which proved how bad me and my friends are at communicating directions between us, and we got lost twice on the way there...

And being the only person currently at the Riverside Waypoint, Im not sure if Ill be able to find someone else to ride up with or not(Do we have anyone coming up from San Diego yet?), otherwise we may look into taking the train. I am already registered for PAX, and have a room booked at the Bellevue Lodge, so I damn well still plan on going to PAX, just need to figure out how Im going to get there now.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited July 2005
    Don't take the train. For god's sake, don't take the train. It's 22+ hours each way, crowded, uncomfortable and in the end more expensive than a car, if just from all the little liquor bottles you buy to keep busy on the trip.

Seriously.

Train = 22 hours with crazy drunken rednecks and squalling children.

Car = 16 hours with fellow gamers.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited July 2005
    Hey guys! I'm in Europe (look what my keyboard can do! Ö! Ü! Ä! €!) and internet access is spotty.

It's gotten close enough to PAX that I can start planning and announcing activities and such. I have some ideas, there were some ideas from last year, and we will have your ideas this year (I hope). I return to the US of A on the 11th, so expect to see updates here and on the WCST website.

And drivers! Sign-up! Don't be afraid! If you have any lingering questions please ask me (doidic@gmail.com). With over 3000 people attending PAX this year, I know that there are drivers and riders looking for each other out there. Share the cost and enjoy the ride!

ben184 on
  • BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2005
    why is rmd not having anything to do with this thing

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    Borfase wrote:
    why is rmd not having anything to do with this thing

Because he's a turd.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited July 2005
    Well we have captains for each wp correct?

Unknown User on
    edited July 2005
    We still need San Diego and Sacramento.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • doczerodoczero Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Hey northwest lads. I could use some help sanding the bus and other paint prep work next weekend. I'm thinking Saturday the 23rd. Hit me with a PM if you can help out in Portland. I can arrange transportation if necessary within reason.
    Thanks.
    Doczero

doczero on
    =
    Where there is no love,
    Nothing is possible.
    =
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    So I am up for the trip. I e-mailed ben about the rides but I have not gottten a reply yet.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
    edited July 2005
    Awesome! More people = teh win.

Ben's out of the country for the moment, so I'll do my best. CC your message to ctishman at mac dot com

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited July 2005
    ZeroZero wrote:
    So I am up for the trip. I e-mailed ben about the rides but I have not gottten a reply yet.
    Yiggity-yo. I replied to your email. I assume you wanted a ride with Al? Since he's the only one with room in his car? Anyway, his phone number is listed on the WCST website.

And if Megapuppy is out there now listening... we're talking about you.

ben184 on
  • TheMountieTheMountie Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    YAY WESTCOAST SUPATRIP!!!

looking forward to seeing you guys at the mario kart double dash tourny again.

HELLZ YA

TheMountie on
    Dear PAX, next year may i have an enforcer shirt instead of just a staff badge. Love, Tyler.
    edited July 2005
    Hey guys, I finally fin ished getting settled and moved in to my temporary home in California.

Any news on getting someone to organize the Sacramento stop?

Megapuppy on
    edited July 2005
    Welcome to Sunny California!

As for the waypoint captain, not yet. I know you were reluctant to do it, but we may end up just having your car (containing yourself and the guys riding up with you, as mentioned a few posts ago) joining the trip in Sacramento, making you sort of a waypoint captain by default.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Well, my current status is, I dont know what my status is...

Originally I planned on driving up with my two friends that wanted to go, but then one couldnt go because he couldnt afford to, not having a job and all(Granted, neither do I, but my birthdays in just over a week, so, money money). So me and my other friend were discussing the train, but then the more I thought about it, Fuck the train, I want to drive, the two of us could have done it. But now, hes possibly backing down as well, he never preregistered(I did), and is thinking of taking off a couple weeks and visiting his family back east instead of going to PAX...

So that leaves me, by myself, preregistered for PAX, and not sure how to get there yet... Cant really afford a plane ticket, dont feel like taking a train by myself, and dont really want to drive myself either. And no offense to anyone else, but I dont care for people I dont really know driving my car, and likewise dont feel comfortable driving someone elses.

So now its down to, Do we have any other southern californians I can ride up with? Because god damnit, Im getting to PAX, one way or another.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • alhavaalhava Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Hey! I'm Down with the Supertrip! I am an Enforcer Living in Los Angeles. My Boss is giving me time off work for this shindig, so all I need is a ride.

alhava on
    I kick it old school,
    because I'm too cheap to kick it new school.

www.heroseekingvigilante.blogspot.com
    [H]ard since '99
    edited July 2005
    Oh, also, I am licensed driver, adn by teh time of PAX I will have taken a Defensive Driving Course, be certified in FA/CPR, and just in case it matters, trained in driving with a trailer.
    What is my next step?
    I see the rides section ahs one vehicle open, an explorer leaving from Sacremento. How do I register, and is there a way to get a ride Up TO sacremento?

alhava on
    I kick it old school,

[H]ard since '99
    edited July 2005
    Do you know a friend with a car you could enter? As far as I know, all the LA seats are taken.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Kemeno_KiyoshiKemeno_Kiyoshi Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I'm not so sure either. Right now I'm looking to get a ride from somewhere in the San Jose area. I'd really like to come and give Doczero back his controller (no, I haven't forgot).

Kemeno_Kiyoshi on
    not drunk enough
    edited July 2005
    I can't add another car, and I don't know anyone else going to PAX.
    However, I could take my own car as far as Sacremento to meet up with a SuperTrip Caravan.

I read that there is a vehicle in sacremento w/ 3 spaces left.
    Is the Driver of that vehicle around? There wasn't an email addy posted.

alhava on
    I kick it old school,

[H]ard since '99
    edited July 2005
    yeah, PM Megapuppy

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited July 2005
    Yeah, Ive got room.

The downside is that I'm not caming back till a week after PAX.

Megapuppy on
    edited July 2005
    If you mean september 1st, that's fine.

Kemeno_Kiyoshi on
    not drunk enough
  • tmonkeytmonkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    We've updated the gallery with more work in progress pictures:

http://www.gamertransit.com/gallery/

Bus is coming along nicely.

tmonkey on
    edited July 2005
    So did anything just happen here that requires me to update the website?
    ...and that bus is awesome.

ben184 on
    edited July 2005
    Thanks for the Info, but I need to be back at work on Tuesday.

Does this mean that the only way to become part of the WCST is for me to add my car? Understandably, I'm not very comfortable with that, but what are the perks?

alhava on
    I kick it old school,

[H]ard since '99
    edited July 2005
    If you mean september 1st, that's fine.

Actually it means somewhere around September 5th :(

Megapuppy on
    edited July 2005
    That might still be doable, I'm not working right now. What is your schedule, exactly? Are you staying at PAX that long or is that when you expect to be back in Sacremento?

Kemeno_Kiyoshi on
    not drunk enough
    edited August 2005
    Actually, I have some good news.

The thing i was gonna stay longer for just got cancelled, so I'll be coming back at the regular time.

Megapuppy on