As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Woe to the traveller...

SparhawkSparhawk Registered User regular
edited July 2005 in PAX Archive
So I got back from a family trip to south america last week, and when I went to buy my 2day pass to PAX today, I found preregistrations were closed >,<
Is there any way of buying a pass? Though the discount would be nice, I'm more concerned with getting in early and not having to stand in those lines. Thanks in advance.

46BB69AC76FF7.png
Sparhawk on

• Options
    digitalodindigitalodin IowaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2005
    at the risk of sounding like an ass... we have had a LONG time to pre-register. Since Januaryish I believe.

digitalodin on
    Boogle Boogle Bear...
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    it ended on the 1st of july, and since all the pre-reg are walk in with no line, the line to get in shouldnt be that short.

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    SparhawkSparhawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    *laughs* digitalodin, you weren't being an ass; that exact comment was on my mind. The crux of it is that I didn't know that I would be able to make PAX at all until I was already on my trip, not that it should make much of a difference. As for the lines, I endured them last year (REALLY LONG, curved around the block) and I'm pretty sure they will be worse this time around. Unless someone has a brilliant idea, I guess I'll just have to plan my schedule around PAX next year ;)

Sparhawk on
    46BB69AC76FF7.png
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    Just make sure to get there bright and early... :)

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2005
    I totally forgot about PAX until two days after the pre-regs closed. Its cool though, I don't plan on sleeping most of the weekend so I know I'll be in that line super-early on friday morning... I wonder if there's any power outlets outside the center. The guy I'm going with has a laptop and we both have psx to usb controller adapters... hmm

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited July 2005
    Sparhawk wrote:
    As for the lines, I endured them last year (REALLY LONG, curved around the block) and I'm pretty sure they will be worse this time around. Unless someone has a brilliant idea, I guess I'll just have to plan my schedule around PAX next year ;)

We've taken a few steps this year to ensure the line isn't as hectic as in 2004. Everyone that prereg'd was sent a physical badge that with a quick glance gets them into the doors one hour earlier than everyone else.

The ability to purchase day-of tickets will also be available all day Friday (we'll probably open up ticket sales at about 10 AM) to lighten the line load. You'll be given a physical badge (different than the pre-reg badge) that, with a quick glance, will get you in in no time at all.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.