As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

GVPresents: SUPER PETS! LESS THAN FIVE HOURS LEFT

2»

• Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm pretty sure everyone is waiting until the last minute to blow our submissions out of the water :P

Desktop Hippie on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I thought about it, but I've been suuuuuuuuper busy. I still may do something, but I have a lot to do. :(

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'd have done something, but I have no talent

Antimatter on
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Posting to remind people that if I don't enter, I'm a disappointment

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2009
    I'm hoping to get my entry in tomorrow. I was about done with the art and lost half of it and got discouraged.

DJ Eebs on
    edited October 2009
    When his son's beloved German Shepard is hit by a car, super scientist extraordinaire Dr. Dominick Dodson tried to make up for years of neglect by harnessing his prodigious mind to save Rex the dog. But, unused to using his mind for noble missions, he mistakenly transferred Rex's personality into two of his most dangerous prototypes: a flying great white shark and a genetically engineered and cybernetically enhanced tyrannosaurus rex!

Dr. Dodson frantically tried to fix this mistake, hiding the experiment from his son as long as possible. But after deadly mercenaries capture his son, he realizes that these two strange "mistakes" are his best chance at getting his son back. Quickly devising collars that would allow him to direct them from any distance, Dr. Dodson sets off to rescue his son.

And so begins the strange career of

DogShark and Rex!

Powers & Abilities & Technology

DogShark is a Great White Shark in a cybernetic suit that allows it to survive outside of water. He also has rockets that allow him to fly, along with a variety of non-lethal projectiles such as bean bags and tear gas. DogShark has also had caps placed upon his teeth to keep them from being so goddamned sharp.

Rex is a Tyrannosaurus Rex. This is his main power, but he also has cybernetic implants! These allow him to jump super high and such, and also his arms have the ability to stretch up to twenty feet. This is big news for a T-Rex. He can be fitted with any number of new implants as the mission dictates (or if, and this is key, everyone agrees that it looks sweet as hell).

Both have radio enabled collars that allow Doctor Dodson to communicate with them from anywhere in the world.

Their main weapon in the war on crime and supervillains? Basically that one of them is a fucking great white shark that flies around and that the other is a fucking Tyrannosaurus. If criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, these two are like Batman times about a thousand. I mean god damn.

Personalities

They both have the basic personality of a friendly and extremely loyal dog. They are also about as smart as you could expect a German Shepard to be, which, by dog standards, is pretty damned smart. They aren't Dr. Dodson's biggest fans, but they will follow any command his son Roy gives them to the letter. They also play fetch, which is hilarious.

Story Possibilities

After rescuing his son, Dodson realizes that his son is extremely impressed by the fact that he now has a dinosaur and a flying shark for a pet. It's Roy that convinces the good doctor that he should put them to work as crime fighters, providing a chance for father and son to finally form a bond.

Meanwhile, rival superscientists are extremely jealous. This sets off a kind of super powered animal tech war, but, since none of them had access to Rex the dog, their experiments go horribly wrong, and it's up to our intrepid heroes to save the day.

Costumes!

Here are DogShark and Rex!

dogsharkandrex.jpg

You can't really tell that Rex has cybernetic arms, but I assure you, they are there. They are just hidden for stealth purposes.

DJ Eebs on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, I'm out.

Munch on
    edited October 2009
    Okay, at the moment I'm feeling pretty confident that I will at least come third!

It's a shame there haven't been more entries for this one, but I think the other two ideas are two of the best we've had in any of these so far.

Desktop Hippie on
    edited October 2009
    I'm very mad at everyone that didn't put in an entry. All of you suck.

DJ Eebs on
    edited October 2009
    Oh, does that mean you like everyone who did put in an entry?

Cuz I was gonna talk to you about the myths and legends one and how I was the only one who posted a villain and maybe that makes me the best villain winner by default maybe?

Desktop Hippie on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Aw Geebs, all makin' me feel guilty. Here's a little something.

Seamonkey

Eddie Ayers never wanted much in life. Never dreamed of being much in life. But when his estranged mother, the famed Saltwater Sorceress, a sea-faring magician that protected beings both above and below the waves, was slain in combat, Eddie was suddenly thrust into a world he found himself utterly unprepared for. His secret Atlantean heritage revealed to him, and a large cache of sorcerous armaments entrusted to him, Eddie became the Saltwater Sorcerer. And all the responsibilities that were once his mother's, became his own.

But this story is not about him. No, this is about his familiar, the Seamonkey. An aquatic simian of unknown origins, the beast served loyally, and faithfully, alongside the Saltwater Sorceress for many years, after the kindly mage rescued it from poachers who believed its severed paws might grant them wishes. Now just one of the many things Eddie has been entrusted with, the Seamonkey finds itself in his company, taking every opportunity to point out just how onerous it finds its current situation.

But, is there more to this dimwitted ape than there appears? Why does it choose to stay with a master it finds so contemptible? Is it possible it stays to guard young Eddie, and to shepherd him along the path to greatness? Does its understand its debt to the Sorcerer's mother, and intend to stay at his side until it considers that debt repaid?

If so, the Seamonkey's certainly not telling.

2v9aq78.png

Munch on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Muuuuunch

I want to see you draw Seamonkey

Pleaseeeeeeee

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    munch do not draw seamonkey