As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Rogues - Or how I stopped worrying and learned to facestab

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Each to their own I guess, but I cannot wait till I get enough badges to get my T9 helm and get rid of that T8 one.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I really don't care for the look of T8. The 'half a nosferatu head and popped collaz yo' thing just didn't really scream 'rogue' to me. The Horde T9, while not terribly creative, at least had a more subdued and inconspicuous look to it.

If I were any other race but Undead, I don't think I'd dig the T10 look, but on an Undead? Mmm. One of the few sets where our race actually improves the look of an armor set.

Halfmex on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Undead is going to be the only race that can sport the helmet. It's still an overall nice looting set though.

Javen on
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That 2pc and 4pc were swapped around by the way, they have since been corrected and the 4pc is indeed the super OP 3 combo point one.

I like the t10 bonuses all around, pretty inventive.

UnknownSaint on
  • mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I love the tier 8 helm. Pretty sure I'm the only one who's had it as shown since forever. I also like the tier 9

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Welp, picked up a couple'a Black Knight's Rondels this past week, so despite my unflinching hatred for HfB, I went back to my otherwise favorite tree. Oh Mutilate, how I missed you. Let's never fight again.

I will say, as much as HfB still licks elk scrotum, at least you don't have to spam it anymore. And the change to Master Poisoner makes Mutilate even more fun; no more consuming my Deadly stacks, whee!

Halfmex on
  • BoogdudBoogdud Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Halfmex wrote: »
    I will say, as much as HfB still licks elk scrotum, at least you don't have to spam it anymore. And the change to Master Poisoner makes Mutilate even more fun; no more consuming my Deadly stacks, whee!

It's (hfb) still one of the dumbest top tier talents ever. 51 points, for a 10% increase in damage that you have to have a bleed up AND actually hit a button AND it lasts for 1 minute?? If they don't start with HFB on the rogue for "streamling the classes" as they've stated they would, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

Seriously hfb should be a tier 2 or maybe 3 talent, and it should be passive.

Boogdud on
    edited October 2009
    It's actually 15% increased damage (18% glyphed), and believe me, you are preaching to the choir. It is a horribly designed talent and the devs know it. Why they've done absolutely nothing about it (except make it better in some ways and worse in others) the entire expansion is beyond me, but that's how they appear to like to do business. Let things that suck fester for a year or so unless it bothers PvP, because, you know, god forbid PvPers be unhappy.

Halfmex on
    edited October 2009
    That's right it is 15%, sorry about that. But you are so right about the "let it fester". I guess if they let people get used to it being an incredible pain in the ass, they end up looking like heroes when they finally fix it. :)

Remember 30 minute poisons and poisons falling off when zoning? hah

Boogdud on
  • MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The worst was when they made it so poisons persisted through zoning, but then they took it away for technical reasons.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
    edited October 2009
    Metacortex wrote: »
    The worst was when they made it so poisons persisted through zoning, but then they took it away for technical reasons.

Haha, yup. That was when you would zone in with a poison and it would permanently remove your enchant from your weapon.. d'oh. Lost two agility enchants that way. I think I noticed that on patch night right about the time we got to vael. "Weird, they changed the agility enchant to a dripping animation... wait a damn minute, what the? d'aawwww" /goodtimes

Boogdud on
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Metacortex wrote: »

To be fair, it took 5-10 minutes to zone into any instance during the evenings due to the number of people zoning into raids.

Reverting such a great change sucked, but it sucked a whole lot less than choking the server permanently for the night.

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Never said it wasn't a legitimate reason.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I just started leveling mah rogue alt. (Dwarf Rogue named Badtouches <3) Are there any pretty combo point / energy addons? I don't recall what I used on my rogue in BC, but I remember i had energywatch (which is no longer needed due to energy not being static anymore woot. Would help my kitty kat dps too I bet!
    Also, combat still rules for leveling right?
    Suggestions?

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh are we complaining about old Rogue stuff?

LFG UBRS, Rogue w/improved Sap

...And you'd still die 10% of the time.

UnknownSaint on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So improved sap was the (up to) 90% chance to stay stealthed talent?

Some things seem so silly when you look back on it now.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I'm leveling a rogue, and I was wondering what a good leveling spec would be, what say you?

Paradox Control on
    \
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Combat until 50. Then you can stick with Combat or go Mutilate.

reVerse on
  • quaigyquaigy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I believe you want to use Combat until you can switch to Mutilate for killing things very, very fast.

I'm a weirdo and don't use anything but Scrolling Combat Text to show my combo points, so i won't be able to help you with that.

quaigy on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I leveled as Sub up until the HaT nerf..

Was alright.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Rogue pvp leveling at 54+ would be awesome with what spec?
    And....I'm very retarded about facestab stuff....so what should my terribad self be looking for in gear? BoA Gear....do I do daggers? Swords?
    Figure the pvp would be a good way to level while having fun. I always hated going out into the world with my rogue, though it could be just the pre bc D: feeling I have, I always hated like 48-58....though 58-60 isn't so hot either.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I finally hit 80 with my little rogue last night. My rogue I started the day the game launched lol... I am such an off again on again player it is not funny. Anywho I am very out of the loop on what I need to know now. I am rolling with mutiliate spec, did combat for the last 5 levels and hated it. What do I need to know? I nabbed some LPCs last night as they were dirt cheap and a massive improvement. What enchants should I throw on them? Should I bother enchanting item level 200 armor or wait for something better? If so what?

corin7 on
    edited October 2009
    Basically you'll want to hit Trial of Champs (normal and heroic) as often as you can. Lots of good stuff in there for a fresh 80, and you can get a very nice dagger (and get it twice) off the last boss on Heroic. That should last you for a while.

If you're planning to do any raiding, even just VoA, you'll want to make sure your gear is gemmed and enchanted, at least with the blue quality gems and basic enchants. Most of those mats are cheap enough nowdays that it's not too costly to get yourself kitted out. If you've got the cash or mats, maybe go with dual mongoose enchants on the daggers until you get a couple of Rondels from the Black Knight in H ToC. Otherwise an AGI or AP enchant on them will suffice.

Halfmex on
    edited October 2009
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Basically you'll want to hit Trial of Champs (normal and heroic) as often as you can. Lots of good stuff in there for a fresh 80, and you can get a very nice dagger (and get it twice) off the last boss on Heroic. That should last you for a while.

If you're planning to do any raiding, even just VoA, you'll want to make sure your gear is gemmed and enchanted, at least with the blue quality gems and basic enchants. Most of those mats are cheap enough nowdays that it's not too costly to get yourself kitted out. If you've got the cash or mats, maybe go with dual mongoose enchants on the daggers until you get a couple of Rondels from the Black Knight in H ToC. Otherwise an AGI or AP enchant on them will suffice.

Awesome thanks for the info. Definitely doing some casual raiding. My guild has been doing ulduar 10 man and is trying to get people geared for 25 man. I have a lot of work to do just to catch up.

corin7 on
    edited October 2009
    I just started leveling mah rogue alt. (Dwarf Rogue named Badtouches <3) Are there any pretty combo point / energy addons? I don't recall what I used on my rogue in BC, but I remember i had energywatch (which is no longer needed due to energy not being static anymore woot. Would help my kitty kat dps too I bet!
    Also, combat still rules for leveling right?
    Suggestions?

Love Me <3

Although I transferred my level 60 Human rogue and am now Badcaress.

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited October 2009
    Yeah I haven't used any specific combo point/energy addons. I just deal with how it's displayed in Xperl and Mik's Scrolling Battle Text. I'm sure there're a bunch out there though.

Halfmex on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I use Slice Commander. It's easy to move around and includes timers for SnD and HfB.

Javen on
    edited October 2009
    Does anyone have any experience with IceHud? It looks quite nice, I think I used it in BC.. god I wish my crazy ex girlfriend hadn't deleted all my BC screenshots uggh. It looks like it includes the necessary timers.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info8149-IceHUD.html

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited October 2009
    I am using IceHud. I tried a dozen or so addons recently and that and SCT are the only two I kept.

corin7 on
    edited October 2009
    I think SliceCommander is what I use, too, but I'm not positive. I just know that it growls at me when HfB is getting close to falling off and ticks when SnD is getting close and I've come to heavily rely on those audio cues.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Does anyone have any experience with IceHud? It looks quite nice, I think I used it in BC.. god I wish my crazy ex girlfriend hadn't deleted all my BC screenshots uggh. It looks like it includes the necessary timers.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info8149-IceHUD.html

Oh my, that looks sexy! I wonder how it would work for my DK.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Did a Violet Hold badge run tonight where the tank said I was using Fan of Knives on the trash because I was "scared" and that I should be doing nothing but spamming Garrote. I honestly have no idea how to respond to that.

Lars on
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "lol" would have sufficied I think.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What.

How the hell are you supposed to spam garrote?

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Shadow dance?

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Lars wrote: »
    Did a Violet Hold badge run tonight where the tank said I was using Fan of Knives on the trash because I was "scared" and that I should be doing nothing but spamming Garrote. I honestly have no idea how to respond to that.

As a tank this makes me go ???

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
    edited October 2009
    I use iceHUD to monitor energy, CPs, and other rogue CDs.

Here is my iceHUD as mutilate. from left to right it's energy, slice'n'dice, HfB, rupture spoilered youtube video for smallness

Here is my iceHUD as combat. from left to right it's energy, slice'n'dice, grim toll proc, deaths choice proc. spoilered youtube video for smallness. sheesh that ice makes it hard to see sometimes. need to change colors

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    edited October 2009
    God that is pretty!

Does Blade Flurry + Killing Spree stack? I am guessing that Killing Spree should be used when my energy is low (due to it not costing any), and like AR and other Cooldowns, should be used everytime its up? (Leveling, obvi it should be saved for specific boss events etc, but I am only level 62 right now!)

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited October 2009
    yes KS and blade flurry stacks, but useless to stack for single target fights. Use as soon as the cooldown is up.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    edited October 2009
    Awesome thanks!

TheCrumblyCracker on
This discussion has been closed.