As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hotels are Live!

124»

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    pjarvi wrote: »
    Booked at the Sheraton 23-26. Too expensive to stay through Monday. I was planning on making a side trip through Oregon, so I'll just hit the road early and find someplace down there.

Is there anyplace with free wifi near the convention center or the Sheraton? Although $10 a night isn't bad, I would rather surf for free and spend the $10 on a meal or drinks.

dude, it's seattle. everybody's got wifi set up. atleast 30% of them have never heard of wifi password protection. ;)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, but are any of those people within signal range of the hotel?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »

well, there are starbucks so plentiful that if you want to get a 3 day pass to their wifi, you can use it just about everywhere in downtown seattle. other than that, there are lots of wifi networks around. next time i'm in seattle (should be next few days), I'll swing by the convention center and check out the wifi status.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • mythicknightmythicknight Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Just booked a room for 3 at Sheraton under the PAX rate (23rd to 27th). Looks like they got more available now.

mythicknight on
    And then she exploded...
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »

well, there are starbucks so plentiful that if you want to get a 3 day pass to their wifi, you can use it just about everywhere in downtown seattle. other than that, there are lots of wifi networks around. next time i'm in seattle (should be next few days), I'll swing by the convention center and check out the wifi status.

Whatever you do... DONT PAY FOR CONVENTION CENTER WIFI

Its hella slow (10kb/s :/) for the price they charge you.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hotel WiFi is still okay...right?

Sl1pstream on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Holy crap...that's going to be even more expensive than bellavue...Not sure how I'll figure out the hotel thing this year.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sl1pstream wrote: »
    Hotel WiFi is still okay...right?

No idea of the quality of it, but it will probably be just as expensive.
    Or it might be $10 a day.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    There are also a few hotels on Cap hill / First hill, like the Silver Cloud on Broadway. May be a bit pricey, but an option if the others sell out.

My apt is only 2-3 blocks away. I could put my router in the window and broadcast the signal, but doubt that'd help most of you. ;)

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, no, I just had an unfortunate experience with 'room share' a couple years ago, and have ever since then said "fuck it, I'm paying the bill for my own damn room, not relying on anyone else."

I mean, sure I may invite people over and they can stay for free, that is entirely at my discretion, but there's no way I'm going to rely on sharing the bill with some people I don't know. So doing the entire bill at these prices now is a fair bit more than I'd thought.

I hope that makes sense.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, the cost increase is a big factor in the hotel situation. I've been trying to get the idea clear that Supertrip groups should arrange 1 room per carload, then all shared costs become a bit easier.

In other news, VICTOLY IS MINE! Days Inn has some good customer service.

b0wser on
This discussion has been closed.