As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

STAR WARS GALAXIES

• ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    ouch that's tough. Dunno what would cause that.

Is your character on Starsider a pilot?

Never did much piloting.

And respecing using the profession councilor didn't give me the starter commando item kit. So now i'm stuck using a CDEF pistol from back when the game was released until I can get my hands on something better.

Archonex on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm kind of surprised at that. A lot of guns between 40 and 60 can be found around the 10k credit mark though...

Jasconius on
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Its like, part of me is all,

"I miss playing star wars. SWG was fun. Maybe ill play"

then the other part is all

"LA LA LA SWG DOESNT EXIST JEDI JEDI EVERYHWERE, CANT KILL EM ALL, BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY"

Then im all

"Man, hunting the Gorax sure was fun"

And then im all

"NOW EVERYONE PROBABLY GETS A PET GORAX OR SOMETHING JEEZE"

CangoFett on
    edited October 2009
    Oh gof.

Smugglers get to actually smuggle. Like, across planets?

And bounty hunters can chase them?

I..I..

Oh dear.

.....Hows the crafting?

CangoFett on
    edited October 2009
    Crafting is pretty much how its always been: for manics only.

The smuggling system is there but it takes a fair amount of grinding to get to the point where you can face off with bounty hunters.

Jasconius on
    edited October 2009
    Crafting used to be awesome, because not all crafters were equal. You could really carve your place out in the galaxy as being the best.

Also, I was interested more in being the hunter than the smuggler :/

Is there still 1000 people walking around with Mandalorian armor?

CangoFett on
    edited October 2009
    you'll probably see 1 or 2 a day. mando is still hard/expensive to make.

Jasconius on
  • Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't think you understand just how rare/hard to get it was way back when. Even a couple months after they were put in game, seeing a single piece on someone was impressive. At least on my server.

And Cango, I know the feeling. I tried it out some, and its really strange. It looks exactly like the old game (minor bugs that I had forgotten about, present since launch are still there) but it plays almost completely differently. Try the 14 day trial, you can get to level 25 with it.

Mandalorian Rooster on
    edited October 2009
    1 piece of Mando or the Jetpack is easy. Everyone can do a quest which gets them a single unit of Alum, which is the holy grail ingredient for Mando. If you want more than one piece you have to

A) Grind like a motherfucker for the less than 1% drop for more Alum inside DWB which is not really soloable anymore as far as I know

B) Buy it, which would run you hundreds of millions assuming that much Alum is on the market, and it usually isn't.

If anything its harder now than it ever was since most peoples quest alum has been used up, and you can't just go down to DWB anymore as a Pikeman and solo the entire first and second floors.

Jasconius on
    edited October 2009
    Its possibel Cango meant Composite armor, which was a plague on the game for a while.

The answer is no. You can now "equip appearance" of items. So you can basically wear your best armor but have the appearance of wearing basically anything you are qualified to wear.

Jasconius on
    edited October 2009
    I was with the first group on Naritus to craft a Jetpack, and Mando Armor, without a Jedi present.

Im quite confident it is not harder now to get Mando, than it was when my group got it.

CangoFett on
    edited October 2009
    Have you played the game in the last 3 years? Players are not nearly as powerful in relation to NPC's as they used to be. The material farming alone is quantitatively harder unless you have a dedicated group, whereas in the CU you could solo farm Alum and could two-man most of the other parts in mediocre gear.

Jasconius on
  • NevaNeva Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Anyone have any links to some good guides? Something to help someone that hasn't played since the hologrind. It sounds like there's an overwhelming amount of content now.

Neva on
    SC2 Beta: Neva.ling

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
    edited October 2009
    There's a link a page or two back with a thread that has all the new features and content since 2006

Jasconius on
    edited October 2009
    I sees it, thanks!

Neva on

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
    edited October 2009
    For those reading this thread, today is the last day of the buddy recruitment program.

If someone recruits you, and you get a subscription, you get a free token which levels one character up to level 50 instantly.

Archonex on
  • Fatgoat87Fatgoat87 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sorry I been silent today, 13 hours at an hospital is brutal :P

---

Current state on commandos and bounty hunters for endgame is rock solid. I have no issues what so ever for their agenda on getting the job done. Sure PVP could be adjusted a little bit, but for overall performance your looking at a rather tight fit. Know though that both require a heavier investment in weapons. You WILL absolutly need one of each heavy weapon elemental type on commandos (Fire/cold/acid/elec) for getting the job done *Cold can be obtained as a flamethrower weapon from the ISD heroic as a schematic.*)

Bounty hunters are kind of the same, but mixing in elemental, with damage type! Having kenetic and energy type carbines or rifles is a big boost, and remember that you can re-skin most old guns (That are usualy kenetic, and look cool) and have them re-crafted into top end killing machines.

For both endgame armor types, id honestly suggest battle at 6000 across the board. Personal prefrence nothing special..

And to the guy blabbering about seeing mando armor everywhere, only commando's and bounty hunters can wear it. Though I think anybody can now through appearance tabs (Could be wrong.) - Also with the appearance tabs people are alot more diverse and unique in their look.

Pro tip for bounty hunters... - Do Boba fetts quests in jabbas palace. The clone war carbine/rifle *That the soldiers used in the movies* can be deconstructed by a munitions trader, and made into a kick ass weapon. the pistol he offers is for spy only.

Re-skin samples. (Warning, Big pictures!)
    rawrgun.jpg
    NK's Rifle from the bottom of the crystal cave on kash, re-constructed as a badass doughnut *seriously* shooting rifle.
    inmemoryofme.jpg
    The rifle rewarded from boba's quests at JB's themepark.

CangoFett wrote: »
    Im quite confident it is not harder now to get Mando, than it was when my group got it.

Bwahahahahahah

Tell the black suns I said Hi.
    And that I want my virginity back... :(
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Commandos are good at general widespread carnage and Bounty Hunters just take motherfuckers down directly.

^ I agree alot.

Fatgoat87 on
  • SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Been gone from the thread lately, noticed a few people were joining back, I'm still playing on Bria, might be transferring soon though.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've been playing on Starsider, since I remember hearing someone earlier in the thread mention it. I hate to say it, but I'm actually enjoying it, and thinking about subscribing. I went bounty hunter because it was a class I was fairly interested in but never got around to trying (unlocked Jedi, and soon after mastering that I got burnt out on the game) and its pretty fun so far.

Its still got that RESCUED BY HAN AND NOW JABBA WANTS TO KILL/HIRE ME AND NOW I'M PLANTING FLOWERS ON THE DARK LORD'S MOTHER'S GRAVE thing that comes off as more cheesy than awesome to me.

Mandalorian Rooster on
    edited October 2009
    Going to try to transfer to Starsider, I'm glad people are enjoying the game, it'd be great to play with some PA people.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
    edited October 2009
    I'll be making a new thread soon in an attempt to organize/recruit people.

I hit 90 last night and I started mining for YT-1300 components for some deep space shoot em up action.

Jasconius on
    edited October 2009
    Weapon deconstruction sounds awesome because I saved virtually every weapon from Kashyyyk/Mustafar.

Jasconius on
    edited October 2009
    Awesome. :D

I need to work on some leveling, I can't wait to get to the higher leveled stuff. Thanks for helping bring some folks back, Jasconius. It's still a pretty fun game, I played at launch so I am pretty partial to it. I just lost my old account so my old characters are long gone, still nice to level through the new system though.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
    edited October 2009
    So apparently the servers might be down due to a hilarious bug concerning nakedness, according to speculation on the forums.

Some people have reported that wearing the death-troopers zombified storm-trooper armor doesn't render the rear of the armor, literally causing your character's naked ass to hang out of the armor. This effectively gives you dirty, stormtrooper, plate armor assless chaps, since it doesn't render the default underwear either due to the stormtrooper armor being equipped.

Having had the rendering bug where my character had absolutely no clothing on in the past, including underwear, I can believe this. Though the timing, and instance of it occuring is hilarious, since there's apparently people out there who are running around in assless zombie armor currently.

Edit: Servers are up for me now, too. Just got in a few minutes ago.

Archonex on
    edited October 2009
    Wait, I missed out on the Death Trooper armor, is the instance up? What level group is it geared towards?

Saiga on
    28je138.png
    edited October 2009
    I don't know. It just came out. I'm seeing people all over wearing this sort of swamp-thing stormtrooper armor. I wants it.

Jasconius on
    edited October 2009
    All levels, from a newbie character, to a max character, can participate. Zombie levels rise as you get closer to the epicenter of the epidemic.

Though, it's a hard place to survive in. The zombies swarm you en-masse to the point where later on, you can run out of AP before you kill them all if you're fighting the larger hordes, the zombies have Blackwing Resistance (Which makes them resistant/immune to crits.), the virus is airborne, and will infect you, lowering stats, unless you get regular innoculations, and the entire place is covered in mist, meaning you can see maybe twenty feet in front of you, so zombie hordes have a habit of popping up out of nowhere if you don't keep an eye on your map.

On top of that, the location of survivor camps is spotty, to encourage exploration. You also can't use vehicles in the quarantine zone. So you'll find yourself wandering around in a zombie-infested wasteland alot if you're looking to find all the camps, or reach the center of the quarantine zone.

On top of all that, if you go into the research facility, zombies spawn in dynamic events, coming out of vents, hatch-ways, and all sorts of other areas, to try and eat you. If a dynamic zombie spawned horde KO's you, they'll also go for a deathblow, unlike most other NPC's.

Archonex on
    edited October 2009
    Yeah I went there once and made it within 100 meters of one of the camps and got beatdown. The fact that they are immune to crit means my smuggler ass cannot do anything to them.

How do you get the trooper armor? I've seen some low levels with it.

Jasconius on
    edited October 2009
    Any undead NPC has a chance of dropping it. Meaning you can farm the level five undead horde right outside the gates for it.

However, there's two tiers. Basic is the weaker one, with standard/advanced being the better set. Basic gives about 1.8k defense in all stats. Not sure what the higher tier gives, but I think it's reserved for drops deeper inside the zone.

Archonex on
    edited October 2009
    Meh, I just want the appearance :D

There's now way I can solo anything higher than the 70's. The 80's come in groups and 3 of them beat me down.

Jasconius on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What the christ, people?

I was in here like two months ago going "You know, this isn't bad, its sure as hell more playable than its been in a while!"

And everyone was like YOU LIE

When the hell did this happen?

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited October 2009
    Last week when I got an e-mail that my character was going to be deleted unless I resubscribed and realized it was actually pretty palatable.

It's all about timing ;)

Jasconius on
    edited October 2009
    On a scale of one to ten, how impossible will it be to get into PvP against people with several years worth of gear and macros?

Neva on

• Fatgoat87Fatgoat87 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hit 90

Buy capped armor

Buy gun

Dont have an idiots expertise!

You to can pvp!

---

Dont try to be a solo hero in pvp, leave that for spys. Real PVP is done in groups, and generaly what appearas to be one or two people standing in a flagged city, generaly has a spy nearby...

Also when grouped up, you generaly gather enough attention for more of the enemy to show up untill one side compleatly outnumbers the other.

And id say on a scale, 5.. Its a 50/50 how well that guy your fighting knows his class. I cant even think of how many medics just make me ;_; after seeing them avoid using everything in the world that would of saved them... Or wear 7000 - 9000 capped energy armor, and leave that 3000-5000 kenetic protection open for me, begging to lay them down with my old kenetic rifle. (Same goes for assault armor in pvp... Christ sake when 80% of all weapons in the game are energy... DROP THE 5000 PROTECTION!)

Fatgoat87 on
    edited October 2009
    I'd say unless they are wearing the set gear, and I haven't seen all that much set gear floating around, your chances are pretty good, but as goat said, GROUP PVP, just like group everything in SWG, is really where it's at.

It's pretty rare to get 1 on 1's with anything but dueling which is boring.

PVP in SWG is all about ganging up, and sweeping streets, pissing off the opponents, and having them try to gang back up on you. It's basically the movie Tombstone but with lasers.

Getting capped armor is pretty easy. Getting a capped weapon is... not as easy, but definitely achievable with some work. and when I say pretty easy, I mean you should easily have capped armor by the time you are level 45.

Jasconius on
    edited October 2009
    Man I really want to do this zombie stuff, looking into transferring now, my guild is gone.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • MoistMoist Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I really want my space training missions to end, it was fun the first time, kinda fun the second time, now its starting to grate, what am I doing wrong?

Moist on
    edited October 2009
    Is it the same mission? Make sure you are going back to your trainer to progress. Most of the early missions are boring. It will get better at Tier 2..

Anyway, does anyone have any idea how an average person makes money in the current game? I am down to my last 14 mill, which buys approximately fuck-all.

People on the forums are talking about insane shit like making 500k per hour, and so on. What's the scoop?

Jasconius on
  • MoistMoist Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well im not very good at the space bits, the mouse control of moving is pretty alien to me in that enviroment but i dont have a numpad on my laptop. Ive completed 2 of the space training missions, the third i havent managed to beat yet. Once im done with this im only going back into space combat if i have to or i can be a gunner of some sort.

On the money note Im guessing its those guys with a afk script going to advertise their services while they are away that must make the most, the stuff they sell is proper expensive.

Moist on
    edited October 2009
    The mouse takes some getting used to. I can only play up to Tier 3 with a mouse. Higher than that and I have to break out the joystick.

Jasconius on
This discussion has been closed.