As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Kill Doctor Lucky in Phalla Mansion - Good Night, Doctor Lucky (Game Over)

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !Will we be informed when the bodyguards are routed from the mansion?

Gumpy on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    !Will we be informed when the bodyguards are routed from the mansion?

There will be indications if the bodyguards have been completely eliminated. (They're currently not.)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jobastion wrote: »
    Well, depending on how things go today, if boogedyboo is NOT a bodyguard, then it's 100% confirmed that Gumpy is.

I must have missed something. What 100% confirms Gumpy for bodyguard if boogedy isn't one?

Because Gumpy and boogedyboo where the only non-confirmed individuals in the room when the now dead dogbone and Toxic Toys tried to kill Dr. Lucky. The attacked Lucky with ridiculous numbers, that should have far overwhelmed the amount of remaining bodyguards, yet the attack failed anyways, which means that someone in the room has to have been a bodyguard.

The only still-living people in the room that weren't in on the plot were Gumpy and boogedyboo.

One of them is a bodyguard.

We just don't know which for sure, but I'm going with boogey, because Gumpy was confirmed to me prior to the attack, but Houn and his network are backing boogey.

At this point, I'm trusting Gumpy because my now-dead partner told me to, but it's entirely possible he's playing us all and using boogey as his patsy. He is experienced enough to do this, so it is possible.

Or, there were still enough bodyguards alive to defend Mr Lucky against the individual weapon values used against him (Keep in mind that weapon attacks on Dr. Lucky don't stack, they either exceed the current number of bodyguards alive, or fail individually). They don't have to be in the room with Dr. Lucky for that to occur at all, which leaves the possibility that neither Gump nor Boogedy's a bodyguard.
    See my post at 1pm with the numbers in question.

Edit: Wait, did dogbone make a 4 point attack last night, or was it higher? If it was higher then 4, then I believe the probability of Gumpy or Boogedy being evil is YES.
    If it was 4, then either one is evil, or there are 4 bodyguards remaining and none were in that room. Or both.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    That would suggest, if boogey is a conspirator, that there were 3 agents still alive

Yuck

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yo, Romantic, who did you say your partner was?

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    dogbone

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've been suspicious of Hippie for a few days now, even more now that he attacked me last night. His death would also give Houn, Jobastion, (who I trust to be conspirators far more) and/or I a better chance of eliminating the doctor this evening.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I hope you or Houn brought a weapon along. I really should have saved that spatula.
    What the hell though. I switched between trying to swat houn and hippie like 3 times last night, only went with houn cause I got tired of second guessing myself and that was the last name I'd typed out. I shall try Hippie tonight.
    Unless RU has reason to believe dogbone was using a higher than 4 value weapon. Or if Boogedy can get his proboard unlocked and it has interesting things.

Jobastion on
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    boogedybooboogedyboo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jobastion, Dogbone33 had a +5 ottoman (due to bonus in Lounge) for a weapon.

boogedyboo on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    O.
    Well.
    That's bad for you or Gumpy.
    I'll decide whom when I get done watching some full metal alchemist.
    Probability of Gumpy/Boogedy = Bodyguard equals Hugemonguous?

Edit: Hey RU, do you concur with that weapon value?

Jobastion on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    !Hippie

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    O.
    Well.

Not only can I confirm that weapon, but I can also tell you that Toxic Toys was ALSO supposed to attack, so add on whatever he was doing to that too. There really is no doubt there was a bodyguard in that room.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    !boogey

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    O.
    Well.

Not only can I confirm that weapon, but I can also tell you that Toxic Toys was ALSO supposed to attack, so add on whatever he was doing to that too. There really is no doubt there was a bodyguard in that room.

Weapons don't stack against Dr. Lucky; they are all treated as individual attacks against the number of guards remaining.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    OH GOD I AM EQUALLY DIVIDED WHO TO VOTE FOR

Time to use the prime method

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Varcayn wrote: »
    O.
    Well.

Weapons don't stack against Dr. Lucky; they are all treated as individual attacks against the number of guards remaining.

That, and TT would have attacked the prior night, not last night. What with him having been removed and all on the prior night. But all that said, that seems to confirm that Boogedy was indeed in contact with Dogbone. And I've watched my episode of FMA. So that, along with seeing that Gumpy appears to be having a mental breakdown, I'm going to vote for him. In a Gumpy way.

Jobastion on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    O.
    Well.

To clarify, on Day 7, Toxic Toys was in the Billiard Room with Dr. Lucky, Gumpy, Rawkking, and LoserForHireX (shown to be conspirator by vote). I was not in the Billiard Room that day.

Also, Toxic Toys weapon was the +4 Dartboard
    of Doooooom! :P

boogedyboo on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Even if we suspect Gumpy more at this point he is in a room with 5 other people who can attack him. This game doesn't require us to eliminate the bodyguards to a man, we just need to start giving ourselves chances to kill Lucky and therefore to win.

So I still suggest a Hippie vote as that provides the best chance of winning now.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Fair point. Hippie

Jobastion on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I have the vote count as

Boogey - 5
    Gumpy - 2
    Hippie - 2
    Aznman - 1
    Obbi - 1

with 4 votes to come.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Boogey

I 've been out all day, and will be out most the night.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sorry, catching up now, long day was loooooooong.

Hippie for the time being cause I like it.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    oakloreoaklore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    boogedyboo sounds good.

oaklore on
    orbit.gif
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !Hippie for he is on the top of my suspicion list/could stop the attempts on Lucky tonight.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    A little over an hour left.

I appreciate that some of you have different motives than Houn, Jobastion and myself and might not want us to get a decent attack off on Dr. Lucky, but if you're just voting for boogey because you think he is more likely to be a guard, please reconsider. The mindset that we need to take out all of the bodyguards as opposed to generating quality assassination chances is dangerous for all conspirators regardless of motive.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Vote closes in an hour, you guys know the drill. (Incidentally, I seem to have forgotten to have updated the thread title until just now. Whoops.)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Here you go, Varcayn. !Hippie

boogedyboo on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Unfortunately I think you're still ahead 7 - 5.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Why the hippie-hate all of a sudden? :(

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hippie wrote: »
    Why the hippie-hate all of a sudden? :(

Because of the four people in this kitchen I think you are by far the most likely to be a bodyguard based on the game so far.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    That's some strong suspectin'!

I like it.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Because of the four people in this kitchen I think you are by far the most likely to be a bodyguard based on the game so far.

Oh :(

Hippie on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I appreciate that some of you have different motives than Houn, Jobastion and myself and might not want us to get a decent attack off on Dr. Lucky, but if you're just voting for boogey because you think he is more likely to be a guard, please reconsider. The mindset that we need to take out all of the bodyguards as opposed to generating quality assassination chances is dangerous for all conspirators regardless of motive.

Actually, the mindset that I need is the killer sharing my mindset. Y'know, like mine and (I'd presume?) your role PM says.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Actually, the mindset that I need is the killer sharing my mindset. Y'know, like mine and (I'd presume?) your role PM says.

See emphasis. I appreciate that you want us to fail but I want to reach out to people who are otherwise apathetic towards the vote and are just being sheep.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sorry boogedy

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Interestingly, I just recieved a proboard address from boogedy for greed. Terrible village is terrible?

Jobastion on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Interestingly, I just recieved a proboard address from boogedy for greed. Terrible village is terrible?

We may have reached the point where the motives that divide us outweigh the need for all of us to get rid of the bodyguards. If Hippie is in fact a bodyguard it'll be very interesting to see the motives and loyalties of the 15 of us currently alive.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    All I know is that I really suck at trying to play Phalla.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Game Day 9 has ended.

Any actions or votes made before the hour (x:59) will count, while actions or votes made on the hour or later (x:00) will not count.

Results ready in a half hour.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It's been fun, but the past few days has been o_O.

boogedyboo on
This discussion has been closed.