As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Kill Doctor Lucky in Phalla Mansion - Good Night, Doctor Lucky (Game Over)

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Varcayn wrote: »
    Varcayn wrote: »
    A little over an hour left.

I appreciate that some of you have different motives than Houn, Jobastion and myself and might not want us to get a decent attack off on Dr. Lucky, but if you're just voting for boogey because you think he is more likely to be a guard, please reconsider. The mindset that we need to take out all of the bodyguards as opposed to generating quality assassination chances is dangerous for all conspirators regardless of motive.

Actually, the mindset that I need is the killer sharing my mindset. Y'know, like mine and (I'd presume?) your role PM says.

See emphasis. I appreciate that you want us to fail but I want to reach out to people who are otherwise apathetic towards the vote and are just being sheep.

If you mean reach out to people who are unaligned, fine, that's perfectly reasonable.

But yeah, I kinda want you guys to fail as there's not a single player sharing my motivation in your room.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    As it should be. My fingers were equally crossed that Lucky would survive yesterday's attacks.

Varcayn on
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Here's how I bet the game ends.

If I survive to the end, I probably don't get to attack Lucky.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
    edited October 2009
    Here's how I bet the game ends.

If I survive to the end, I probably don't get to attack Lucky.

If my faction can't win my personal hope is that we get to a point where everyone left in the game is simultaneously eliminated on the final night leaving only Dr. Lucky alive. That'd be pretty funny.

Varcayn on
    edited October 2009
    Prediction:

Adventfalls is the last player alive, cursing as his chase on lucky is thwarted by closing rooms and a lack of movement cards being drawn, until Lucky exits the mansion when it's down to one room.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited October 2009
    Prediction:

Adventfalls is the last player alive, cursing as his chase on lucky is thwarted by closed rooms and a lack of movement cards being drawn, until Lucky exits the mansion when it's down to one room.

That and a severe lack of weapon cards.

adventfalls on
    edited October 2009
    Prediction:

Adventfalls is the last player alive, cursing as his chase on lucky is thwarted by closed rooms and a lack of movement cards being drawn, until Lucky exits the mansion when it's down to one room.

That couldn't thwart you, there would be no bodyguard-...

AHA!

:P

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited October 2009
    Prediction:

That couldn't thwart you, there would be no bodyguard-...

AHA!

:P

Lord knows that I have enough Failure to dodge the iceberg that sunk the Titanic.

adventfalls on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    1:00 AM (Game Day 10) - Building Up and Falling Apart

As the storm outside continues to pick up, the action inside begins to go into its final movements. Everyone is trying to get into position for a perfect attack on Dr. Lucky, hoping that an opportunity presents itself. Emilia Roher (Varcayn) was stopped by her fellow guests, getting punched out in the kitchen. There did not seem to be much slowing the bodyguards' regular activities: not much resistance was provided by the other guests as Steve Boudreaux (boogedyboo), Julianne Felps (iamtheaznman), and Brinda Codner (Jobastion) were evicted in short succession. Fewer and fewer conspirators remain - the opportunity to eliminate Dr. Lucky is starting to escape their grasp.

Eliminated Players
    boogedyboo - Steve Boudreaux (Conspirator) was judged by the others as being an unneeded presence.
    iamtheaznman - Julianne Felps (Conspirator) did not enjoy being placed in the middle of a thunderstorm.
    Jobastion - Brinda Codner (Conspirator) experienced the bodyguards' power.
    Varcayn - Emilia Roher (Conspirator) got punched out.

No more Spite Tokens are being handed out. The long chase is slowly coming to an end. There is no special rule today. Instead, I would like to take a poll from those who have been eliminated. Of the remaining surviving players, who do you think is a bodyguard? And who do you think will be victorious at the end of the night? Send your predictions and thoughts via PM to Kitano.

The Dining Room (3) will be closing today.

Vote closes and actions are due by 9PM PDT, Thursday, October 15 / 12 AM EDT / 4AM UTC, Friday, October 16.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited October 2009
    Current Map

PhallaMansion-Day10.png

(1) Foyer
    Hippie
    Obbi
    Rawkking Goodguy

(2) Lounge
    Dr. Lucky

oaklore
    ShadowThomas
    shalmelo
    adventfalls

(3) Dining Room - Closing off tonight!
    TehSloth
    Gumpy
    Romantic Undead

(4) Kitchen
    Houn

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • boogedybooboogedyboo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OOOooOOOoOOoOOOO
    D: o_O D:
    OOOooOOOoOOoOOOO

boogedyboo on
    edited October 2009
    /facepalm

I know why I'm still alive. The bodyguards. They taunt me. They know I cannot win.

adventfalls on
    edited October 2009
    ...what.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited October 2009
    Well, gentlemen. The deck finally smiled upon me. A little bit.

You know what they say about going big or going home? Well, it looks like I may have that chance to off Lucky after all.

adventfalls on
    edited October 2009
    ooooooOOOOOooooooOOOOOoooooo

Yep, saw that one coming.

Fun game though, I look forward to seeing how it ends.

ooooooOOOOOooooooOOOOOoooooo

Varcayn on
    edited October 2009
    The PMs... they are out.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well you better go catch them! har har

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Shadowthomas

Man its time we stopped failing and started succeeding to kill this guy

Gumpy on
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeesh, Aznman was a good guy! I feel pretty dumb in my suspicion of him. Forgive me, aznman!

Movin' on, I'm gonna roll with Gumpy on this one, !ShadowThomas

Obbi on
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What the hell! Gumpy is a bodyguard, people, for fuck's sake!

Well played Gumpy, but you're not making it one more day.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I concur. !Gumpy. Finally.

And for those still on the fence, allow me to quote R_U from yesterday:
    Gumpy and boogedyboo where the only non-confirmed individuals in the room when the now dead dogbone and Toxic Toys tried to kill Dr. Lucky. The attacked Lucky with ridiculous numbers, that should have far overwhelmed the amount of remaining bodyguards, yet the attack failed anyways, which means that someone in the room has to have been a bodyguard.

The only still-living people in the room that weren't in on the plot were Gumpy and boogedyboo.

One of them is a bodyguard.

We just don't know which for sure, but I'm going with boogey, because Gumpy was confirmed to me prior to the attack, but Houn and his network are backing boogey.

At this point, I'm trusting Gumpy because my now-dead partner told me to, but it's entirely possible he's playing us all and using boogey as his patsy. He is experienced enough to do this, so it is possible.

Houn on
    edited October 2009
    It appears now that Gumpy, a bodyguard, started a "network of trust" (which he has done before) AFTER day 1 (once he knew he was a bodyguard) to try and accumulate as much information as possible. Acting as an unconfirmed figurehead, he collected information about the different factions and used that information to infiltrate all the other semi-confirmed networks. Most networks confirmed themselves to each other by paraphrasing parts of their PMs. It wouldn't take much to assume that Gumpy and whatever lackeys he has working for him sussed out some information regarding the unique role PMs and used that information to earn the trust of people that should not have trusted him.

The Greed network was comprimised from the start, it appears.

Now, as for ShadowThomas, I am only aware that Gumpy has been trying to kill him for some time now, to no avail. Trusting Gumpy, I myself attacked ShadowThomas along with Gumpy, last night for 4 damage, plus whatever Gumpy was doing, which was in vain. I dont' know what's up with ShadowThomas at this point, but it's pretty much confirmed that Gumpy is a bodyguard, therefore, I'm willing to trust ShadowThomas for now.

Romantic Undead on
    edited October 2009
    Gumpy.

adventfalls on
  • oakloreoaklore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Gumpy is clearly a bodyguard!

oaklore on
    orbit.gif
    edited October 2009
    Okay.

Guys, there's going to be an attempt on Lucky tonight. I'm going for it.

If I succeed and hit (unlikely, considering my weapon is only +2), then everyone in the Lounge is A-OK.

If I don't, then I'm probably going to be evicted. That would tell you that either
    -Someone in the Lounge is a bodyguard
    -There are enough bodyguards to fend off attacks, combined with Lucky's passive defense.

adventfalls on
    edited October 2009
    Alright Foyer, its up to you to take out hippie, we can't currently touche Houn. Any other loves out there, those two were behind the destruction of your network.

I'm going for RU tonight, take him down with me. Get down to the kitchen, kill Hon.

RU claims to have been Dogbones partner, you guys know dog never raised him as such.

There is proof from yesturday that RU was attempting to silence people airing suspicions and get the bandwagon onto me today.

Chances are high RU and Shadow are the lasts bodyguards, the love network vouched that Houn is simply an idiot, and out of respect for them I won't contest that. RU claims over 6 points of damage hit Thomas, I find this claim dubious.

Chances are we've already lost this one, but I believe I made the point I wanted to. I, am right. People who fail to trust me are fools, I fight for our win.

On a side note, I do love how Houn has made sure to keep as far away from me as possible map wise, the giant wuss B]

If you still have faith, vote thomas.

Gumpy on
  • ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Now, as for ShadowThomas, I am only aware that Gumpy has been trying to kill him for some time now, to no avail. Trusting Gumpy, I myself attacked ShadowThomas along with Gumpy, last night for 4 damage, plus whatever Gumpy was doing, which was in vain. I dont' know what's up with ShadowThomas at this point, but it's pretty much confirmed that Gumpy is a bodyguard, therefore, I'm willing to trust ShadowThomas for now.

I noticed that I was in a room with Gumby and those that he tricked into being part of evil bodyguard network. So I used a protection card on myself, which negates all cards used on me. And it's clearly a good thing that I did.

And I have a lot of failure cards which is why every other attempt on my life has failed.

I also attempted to shank gumpy yesterday. Sadly, to no avail.

ShadowThomas on
    edited October 2009
    and before you counter RU, what do you think of danishes? B[

Gumpy on
    edited October 2009

No one attempted to shank me yesturday, the only attack that was made on me was via flower pot

Gumpy on
  • ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »

No one attempted to shank me yesturday, the only attack that was made on me was via flower pot

You mean a desk lamp right?

I was using the verb "shank" as a colourful replacement for kill. Not a literal shank (or shiv).

ShadowThomas on
    edited October 2009
    You can take a LOT of damage if you have enough Failure.

I've taken at least 4 points of damage during the game, all of it negated by failure.

adventfalls on
    edited October 2009
    and before you counter RU, what do you think of danishes? B[

I hate danishes your traitorous bastard.

Romantic Undead on
    edited October 2009
    Danish hating revenge motive?

!Romantic Undead

Gumpy on
    edited October 2009

!Romantic Undead

You...don't hate danishes?

Danishes are lesser foods D:

The kind of thing you have to settle for....

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited October 2009

!Romantic Undead

You...don't hate danishes?

Danishes are lesser foods D:

The kind of thing you have to settle for....

If I hated something I wouldn't eat it

Danish is a luxury food item, if you have a negative feeling towards it, you would not settle for it, you would refuse to eat it.

Settling suggests an indifference to Danishes.

Gumpy on
    edited October 2009

!Romantic Undead

And now you have revealed your true colors. You clearly do not have the Revenge PM in its entirety.

Romantic Undead on
    edited October 2009
    Now, hold on. What kind of Danishes are we talking about here? Anything is Apples on it is OK by me.

Houn on
    edited October 2009
    This is revenge business, Houn. You wouldn't understand.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited October 2009
    Apple Danishes are everyone's business.

Houn on
    edited October 2009
    You wouldn't understand a good breakfast pastry if it hit you in the face, discarding 4 failure cards.

I've got an English paper to finish in 3 hours, so I'm placing my vote on ShadowThomas for now, since it seems like Gumpy and RU are arguing semantics.

Rawkking Goodguy on
This discussion has been closed.