As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Kill Doctor Lucky in Phalla Mansion - Good Night, Doctor Lucky (Game Over)

• TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I had lots of fun, and learned quite a bit from the experience. It was too bad I got careless.

Tiphareth on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tiphareth wrote: »
    I had lots of fun, and learned quite a bit from the experience. It was too bad I got careless.

This newbie here infiltrated our Lovers proboard :P

Well played, sir.

Nocturne on
    edited October 2009
    to be honest, I was surprised how easy it was :)

But I do believe it helped that I said how new I was, noone expects the new guy of being sneaky.

Tiphareth on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey village, for how many days were you guys trying to kill me off?

Suck it

Callin' out the badguys who were trying to kill me, the good guys who were trying to kill me and the guys that I promised to go after to Aznman B] Shame I didn't quite get to Houn, but he can thank Romantic Undead for that.

Gumpy on
    edited October 2009
    Also, for all intents and purposes, it was Rawkings network

I told him to sort out all the negotiations and shit, I just wanted to smash faces.

Gumpy on
    edited October 2009
    Heh, which makes it even better. You are the shining figurehead, while a bodyguard runs it.

Tiphareth on
    edited October 2009
    Tiphareth wrote: »
    Heh, which makes it even better. You are the shining figurehead, while a bodyguard runs it.

I was going around punching people who red voted me

How is that a shining figurehead

I made no attempts to expand my network after day 1. I wasn't trying to lead anyone to do anything, I was just chillin'.

Gumpy on
    edited October 2009
    which is suspicious, am I right?

Tiphareth on
    edited October 2009
    Seems pretty straightfoward to me

Gumpy on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    you know what is the most retarded thing in phalla?

non agression pacts.

you know what the second most retarded thing in phalla is?

trust networks.

I am unsurprised you all lost without me.

Dunadan019 on
    edited October 2009
    You are all forgetting that even if I didn't promise to not punch Rawking to death, I still wouldn't have

'cause he ain't a dick

Gumpy on
    edited October 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    You are all forgetting that even if I didn't promise to not punch Rawking to death, I still wouldn't have

'cause he ain't a dick

thats why its so terrible.

save the people you like and kill off the people you have grudges against! cause only dicks can be evil!

are you playing the game or not?

Dunadan019 on
  • garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    From the day 2 thread on the mafia boards.
    Dunadan's evil radar is ridiculously good from my experience. I would off him asap if possible.

garroad_ran on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wait, Dunadan was in this game?
    :P

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dunadan you should tell us all more about your superiority complex and how you had all the mafia pegged but didn't tell anyone because they are durrrr and unworthy of your magnificience

Also if I am permitted an outsider opinion:

mother fuck of god this was a fucking trainwreck. I absolutely don't know why all of you still listened to Gumpy even after it was proven his "network" had a bunch of big gaping holes so huge I could have driven a semi through them and his targets were seemingly chosen by throwing darts. Even if not evil he was doing more damage than anyone could ever had hoped to do to the village.

Dac Vin on
    edited October 2009
    Hey hey hey

Throwing darts?

All my vote targets were either bodyguards (Pigion/Houn) or counter bandwagons (Loser/Boogey)

Nuthin' random about it. And I never used any sort of network as an excuse in this game. As far as I'm concerned, it was everyone else causing a fuss about it.

Gumpy on
    edited October 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Dunadan you should tell us all more about your superiority complex and how you had all the mafia pegged but didn't tell anyone because they are durrrr and unworthy of your magnificience

You just did a pretty good job of that.

but then again, you just don't get it so why bother explaining.

Dunadan019 on
    edited October 2009
    From the day 2 thread on the mafia boards.
    Dunadan's evil radar is ridiculously good from my experience. I would off him asap if possible.

yes, I saw that.

Dunadan019 on
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

What I do get is that you pull off the exact same shit in every phalla you participate in, and it is seriously becoming a groundhog day type eyesore.

Gumpy: And none of the bodyguards you mentioned were actually voted out. I too would have put a counterwagon going if I saw the head having shit for targeting and somehow avoiding death for 5 days straight.

But whatever, you had a bodyguard as your trusted lieutenant, and I pretty much said I was done with the stupid in the irc so let's just say I'm done and go to the next subject.

Dac Vin on
    edited October 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

What I do get is that you pull off the exact same shit in every phalla you participate in, and it is seriously becoming a groundhog day type eyesore.

thats a bonus. have fun AND annoy Dac Vin. but now that you've complained about this (and almost every other aspect of the game) things will totally change!

Dunadan019 on
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for the game Mr. B. I really enjoyed it.

One of these days I'm going to listen to my instincts and not trust random people who PM me right before I attempt to drop the boom on Dr. Lucky.

Although I guess at that point Houn could have let the mafia know what my intentions were anyway.

Well played Mafia. You bastards.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I was looking at everyone hating on Gumpy and knowing there were bodyguards all over that. I have to admit I didn't think there were THAT many bodyguards left, though. That's...yikes.

Thanks for running this, Blarney- Nice Phalla as always! <3

El Skid on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for the fun game MrBlarney!

Ardor on
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey Warban

Yeah, you

That was some pretty lame pointless team killing you did.

I don't think I don't blame the rest of you greed people for somehow all forgetting that I was on the board.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited October 2009
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    Thanks for the game Mr. B. I really enjoyed it.

One of these days I'm going to listen to my instincts and not trust random people who PM me right before I attempt to drop the boom on Dr. Lucky.

Although I guess at that point Houn could have let the mafia know what my intentions were anyway.

Well played Mafia. You bastards.
    ani-edgeworth-bow.gif
    Daius wrote: »
    Hey Warban

Yeah, you

That was some pretty lame pointless team killing you did.

I don't think I don't blame the rest of you greed people for somehow all forgetting that I was on the board.

Best part was Houn worrying about getting his cover blown for that mistake on our proboards. :mrgreen:

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited October 2009
    Gumpy: And none of the bodyguards you mentioned were actually voted out. I too would have put a counterwagon going if I saw the head having shit for targeting and somehow avoiding death for 5 days straight.

What do you mean by the head

Gumpy on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

What do you mean by the head

Well, you were pretty much the visible head of your gang. Lots of attention focused around you, as I'm sure you're aware. And so information got twisted around your influence - the distractions prevented the village from having a clear focus. So the mafia kept you alive to maintain that distortion factor; it worked to their favor after taking some losses during the first couple days, and your merry band came to light.

You may see things differently, but that's pretty much the picture I see from the outside.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Where's that "oh snap!" gif when you need it?

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited October 2009
    My merry little band of two people

So basically I said to rawking "DO WHAT YOU WILL" while I went around avenging people, and he used my name to destroy the village?

Heh

Gumpy on
    edited October 2009
    Once again

Drluckyjustasplannedbig.jpg

I would have been super impressed if while I was defending Gumpy from a bandwagon with the reasoning that forming a group would be stupid as a mafia member due to the chance of getting seer carded someone said "Hmm... good point. Rawkking Goodguy"

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited October 2009
    I mean seriously, that vote on Edcrab? Something about him being in my network? What?

Gumpy on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I mean seriously, that vote on Edcrab? Something about him being in my network? What?

The moral of this story?

Never let B:L into any sort of network. :P

El Skid on
    edited October 2009
    There was more hearsay about our network being turned into "village fact" that game than any other phalla I've seen. And Houn was probably only responsible for a fifth of it.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This was a really cool game Blarney. Thanks for running it :).

Ebfan on
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wow, good game. Definitely looking forward to the next one, Mr. B

Daypigeon on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    People realize that quoting role PMs to prove shit is lame right? And breaks/makes the game pointless?

Kudos to people that actually try to reason things out, and those that didn't got what they deserved!

It was completely possible for the village to figure this out in the beginning days, don't blame Blarney making a design decision to not allow role calls.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    No kidding, I had two different contacts decline to work with me because as a dual-motive player I didn't have the single-motive PM.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited October 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    People realize that quoting role PMs to prove shit is lame right? And breaks/makes the game pointless?

Kudos to people that actually try to reason things out, and those that didn't got what they deserved!

It was completely possible for the village to figure this out in the beginning days, don't blame Blarney making a design decision to not allow role calls.

Just so people stop making the "DAC VIN ATE EVRYTHNG OLOL" a meme, giving all the factions role PMs to the mafia was probably the very best thing about this game, and a genius masterstroke from Blarney to stop rolecalls.

Dac Vin on
    edited October 2009

I only cracked out the role PM when I was throwing down with RU and knew that there was something very, very wrong with the entire situation. That little exchange convinced me that the mafia had origional PM's, and since I knew they were the basis of everyone elses networking...

Yea, I'm going with the body guard specific abilities being the main issue when it came to balance. If the guards were like any other player, but masoned and with their two evictions a day (That came before everything else) that would have been fine I think

Ninja bodyguard ability caused the entire village to focus on me and boogey during the last days? Boo. no way of seeing that one coming. At least my theory that evictions coming first shutting dog down was right :/

Gumpy on
    edited October 2009

Just so people stop making the "DAC VIN ATE EVRYTHNG OLOL" a meme, giving all the factions role PMs to the mafia was probably the very best thing about this game, and a genius masterstroke from Blarney to stop rolecalls.

alright: new meme people!

Dac Vin hates everything except things that prevent rolecalls OLOL

Dunadan019 on
This discussion has been closed.