As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

STAR WARS GALAXIES

12345679»

• MoistMoist Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Its been many moons since I used a joystick.

Moist on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I did some PVP tonight.

My observations: still tons of jedi. Full medical buffs are basically mandatory to be taken seriously, they are just too potent to not have. Luckily a lot of guilds build "buff houses" next to the battleground so guild members can just run in, get buffed, and head back into the fray.

Full SEA's makes a massive impact, not having them means you can participate but you won't really be a force on your own. Unfortunately it seems Full SEA's will run you in the 100 million range at least.

There's a massive PVP zone by Ruestess that is active. There are also new PVP zones on each of the major 3 planets that are not as frequently used.

Smugglers in PVP are not so much lethal as they are hilariously potent with CC.

Nothing makes me happier than when a fully geared Jedi force runs up to me, I pistol whip him, and his stunned ass gets mowed down by my group. As you see, a very popular tactic with Jedi now is force running in, quickly killing someone, and then running away. You can't really do that to a Smuggler if they've got DPS support.

Jedi still pack a punch, but they are by no means god mode in 1 on 1 if you play them correctly. They are still very vulnerable to kiting.

Jasconius on
  • Fatgoat87Fatgoat87 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    People on the forums are talking about insane shit like making 500k per hour, and so on. What's the scoop?

I been making 350k'ish an hour by just following legacy killing humanoids and selling off deconstructed relic stacks.

Mileage may vary..

Space was my prime resource of income before, either duty missions (The combined reward from compleated sets + Space part selling to chassis dealers) or when I wasnt lazy, and used a trader alt to sell resources. (Stick to ores, steel and radioactive(power) )

100mill for a suit? Shit, almost tempts me to resub my Reverse engineer lol.

Most you should consider in having an attachment (3 stats) is 3.5mill a piece, x9 for every armor slot (Not counting shirt or gun or BELT *Cough personal shield generator cough*).

Seriously though, if I resub I'll have to move my reverse engineer over and hook some of the PA'ers up, provided they bring the junk... Last I remember it took 1300-1800 random junk peices for most of my suits to be having powerbits rolled up for.

By the way, the following ingame e-mail I got is by far the best store RP mail I've ever gotten.
    rawrglesticks10101.jpg

Fatgoat87 on
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I hate you and im DLing the trial.

So, how does this work, if i'm a crafter, am I 100% useless in all non crafting things, or can I atleast sick a droid on someone in combat?

also, starsider right?

And what classes, if any, are you duders low on?

CangoFett on
    edited October 2009
    I knew a guy, who played traders 100%.

He was my beast engineering partner, and a little crazy. He would go hunt krayts with me, or enraged rancors by himself with his pet spider to collect hydros.

This is for you Ilobo, wherever you may be :P!
    pokemongo.jpg

I dont think theres an offical 'we need what' let alone PA guild yet. So ill wait on sombody else to comment on that.

Also another random shot of my current spy after some tailor shopping.
    cassadore01.jpg

Fatgoat87 on
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    so is that whole deleting inactive player's houses thing still around, because nothing pisses me off more than going for a relaxing speeder ride through the Dune Sea, cresting a hill, and realizing the ENTIRE FUCKING THING IS COVERED WITH HOUSES.

:(

Depressperado on
    edited October 2009
    They do it from time to time.

Theres really hardly a problem with to much houses atm though. I hardly notice most when going from A to B.

Fatgoat87 on
    edited October 2009
    CangoFett wrote: »

So, how does this work, if i'm a crafter, am I 100% useless in all non crafting things, or can I atleast sick a droid on someone in combat?

also, starsider right?

You can use a droid. But trader takes an f-ton of work unless maybe you go Architect first. Anything else takes absurd amounts of pure resources to be effective.

Oh Goat, maybe I misinterpreted the SEA prices. It's a lot. That's all I know.

What are the relics? Is that the damn quest-building stuff?

Jasconius on
  • ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    CangoFett wrote: »

also, starsider right?

You can use a droid. But trader takes an f-ton of work unless maybe you go Architect first. Anything else takes absurd amounts of pure resources to be effective.

Oh Goat, maybe I misinterpreted the SEA prices. It's a lot. That's all I know.

What are the relics? Is that the damn quest-building stuff?

Yeah, relics let you build quests that you can use, or give to other people to do. There's an insane number of them. Adding them to your chronicle quest builder will let you alter traits of the quests you make. Though, they get used up for each trait you add, so if you want to have a quest to kill 20 of a certain type of enemy, you need to loot 20 relics that have the trait to kill that enemy first.

They also give EXP for your actual class too upon quest completion, so they're excellent grinding material if you can find a location that drops them en-masse.

Archonex on
    edited October 2009
    Interesting. So these are worth money? O.o I'm surprised, considering how easy they are to get.

Jasconius on
    edited October 2009
    Mostly, players just use them to grind out levels, or chronicler levels.

For example, I stumbled across a group camping a legacy quest bunker. The enemies there dropped lots of kill/loot quest traits.

The group-members tossed me about four dozen of the quests they had made, each containing multiple sub-quests to kill and loot one type of NPC each, and I knocked off about five to six levels over the course of an hour just slaughtering everything there. In exchange, I rated them up on the quest ranking system, giving them more chronicler EXP/a higher rating for when they actually do quests.

There's also story-teller events. Which are part RP, part Dungeons and Dragons session. They've been in for a long time now, and let you set up "events". You can set up your own little dungeon, or quest with them, and include or play as famous NPC's, if that's your thing. You can even set up little mock warzones, if you've got the time and money to spend. You see alot more of them on servers like Starsider, where RP is a big deal, since I don't think they actually give you EXP.

Also, interesting thing, apparently there's CL 200, gold, elite ranked AT-AT's wandering around Tatooine currently (Possibly only when it's under Imperial control, according to some speculation from what someone told me.). A few rebel players have apparently stumbled across them and tried to take them down, and gotten promptly one-shotted by the insanely powerful cannons that are on them. A part of me wonders what they'd drop if you actually managed to take one down.

As a personal review so far, i'd say the game's worth playing again, so long as you aren't going into it expecting the skill-tree system from the Pre-CU days. They've added in enough new content to make it entertaining. Death Troopers alone is a fantastic content expansion. I'll see if I can post pictures of the hordes of undead later on today.

Archonex on
    edited October 2009
    They were in Ruestess last night. But they managed to kill a few of them. They keep respawning.

Jasconius on
    edited October 2009
    I think the devs are just trying to test the limits of how long it takes a pack of amatures/vets to kill a CL200 gold elite mob.

Fatgoat87 on
    edited October 2009
    Isn't the new Rancor some super high level? I hear it takes two groups to take it down with reasonable success.

Jasconius on
    edited October 2009
    Havent seen or heard any confirmed kills. But havent scavanged the swg forums much latley.

I have a feeling that sonys planning to release a new heroic soon.

Fatgoat87 on
    edited October 2009
    Fatgoat87 wrote: »
    I think the devs are just trying to test the limits of how long it takes a pack of amatures/vets to kill a CL200 gold elite mob.

I can't realistically see a normal, non-twinked player, taking down a CL200 mob if it has appropriate stats for its level. Nevermind an elite one. Hell, player levels cap off at CL90.

That's raid boss material right there at best. At worst (Or best.) that's the sort of NPC that should get spawned to hit Rebel held cities whenever they stay under Rebel control for too long. You could even have them deploy stormtroopers to help purge the streets.

Archonex on
    edited October 2009
    That's what he was saying. Pack of players, plural.

They took several down on Starsider and it looks like about 30 players were able to do it pretty easily by making a conga line from the clone center.

Jasconius on
    edited October 2009
    New thread made: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=103419

Feel free to correct my errors. Post if you are playing with your name/server/level/class

Reporting this for a lock.

Jasconius on
This discussion has been closed.