As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] What A Long, Strange Chat it's Been

• Options
    derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    They definately increased the drop rate on some items. We saw 2 Blades, 2 vrooms, 3 hallowed helms, 1 plate helm and 4 squashlings last night. Someone on irc was saying he saw 2 Blades too. and lots of pets too.

derangedhermit on
    Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    15 total summons netted us two pets, cloth helm, and two temp brooms.

:|

Ranlin on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    In my group the other night it was basically: ring,ring,ring,ring, ring and broom and helm. Fucking rings.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2009
    SabreMau wrote: »
    It was 65 last year, so presumably 75. Same level requirements as Coren.

Hmm, I could get this quest at 72, but I guess you need 75 to actually call him. Ah well, time to get two and a half levels real quick.

Echo on
  • Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    How many times can you summon this guy? Is it 5 per day?

Toldo on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Toldo wrote: »
    How many times can you summon this guy? Is it 5 per day?

Once per person per day, although you can do it twice the first time you go there if you get the quest from one of the starting towns.

SteevL on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    A daily, so one group can summon 5 times. I managed to summon him twice in one day somehow though.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    For the very first time you summon him, if you take into the Graveyard the Headless Horsemen quest (the lower level one for 80's) then you get to use that quest and THEN you gain the additional daily.

We summoned him 35 times this morning. Not a single fucking mount, excluding the temp broom mounts. Shitloads of rings, quite a few pets, and 3 helms, (no cloth) - all in all it was not a waste, but that fucker better be dropping the mount and cloth soon.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    A daily, so one group can summon 5 times. I managed to summon him twice in one day somehow though.

More than 5 if your group has lvl75+ alts :)

derangedhermit on
    Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    SabreMau wrote: »
    It was 65 last year, so presumably 75. Same level requirements as Coren.

Hmm, I could get this quest at 72, but I guess you need 75 to actually call him. Ah well, time to get two and a half levels real quick.

I need 4 levels on my priest.....just hope I can do it before the event is up....though signs point to unlikely.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Woot! we 4 manned it with me, my wife, a pally tank, and a lock. The lock was fresh, and both caster rings dropped on teh first couple summons. So he got them. Then my wife and I switched to our alts, her 80 priest, and my 76 mage, and both caster rings dropped 2 times again. So we all got what we needed gear wise. Only 2 temp brooms though :(

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, sorry if I presumed anything.

Im a pally tank in ToC 25/ Uld 25 gear.

polloface on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Finished just enough quests to do the Wrathgate line in dragonblight, my paladin alt is now 76. I want to do Sholazar and Icecrown this time, since I've done all the other zones except those on my main. What say you, should I finish Dragonblight then go to Sholazar, or just head there soon as Wrathgate is over?

Ledneh on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    is there a mount besides the broom that is a mount on Use?

on nine summons I saw one helm, 4 or 5 mounts, 3 of each of two rings (afaik there are only two)... and I think that was it.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So...

Why does the female draenei /train make the female bloodelf /chicken sound?

Echo on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Because bugs.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sometimes I suspect that the WoW codebase is nothing but incredibly messy spaghetti code.

I can't even begin to imagine how you make /train sound like another race's /chicken short of changing the code for /train itself. You start by hearing a split second of the proper sound before the chicken cuts in.

Echo on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It's impossible to save a town from the HH if you're the only one doing it, huh?

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ugh, I've been off of WoW for 3 months so far but it's been calling for me.
    Downloading the newest patches and about to hit the payment button on worldofwarcraft.com :(
    Here we go again...

Anything interesting happen since 3.2? (Do people still hate Death Knights? :P)
    Also, anywhere to get time cards for cheaper than the $30 for 60 days other than ebay?

darkenedwing on
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    It's impossible to save a town from the HH if you're the only one doing it, huh?

Massive Multiplayer broobroobroo.

Yeah, it's stupid.

reVerse on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Finished just enough quests to do the Wrathgate line in dragonblight, my paladin alt is now 76. I want to do Sholazar and Icecrown this time, since I've done all the other zones except those on my main. What say you, should I finish Dragonblight then go to Sholazar, or just head there soon as Wrathgate is over?

If you got mining, get to Sholazar immediately.

Shalazar is pretty cool.

Alegis on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    okay, does Int affect weapon skill gains or not

The internet, the wow forums, and even the wow info pages are completely contradictory

Some say that's been gone since pre-TBC, others say just the tooltip was removed but the effect remains

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It doesn't really matter, they've sped up the weapon leveling speed significantly. It's not like back in the day.

That said, it's pretty much the worst gameplay mechanic ever.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What I don't get is why they still keep it the way it is. Why can't they just make it like poisons where it automatically levels when you level? Boom, problem solved. They still keep their shitty weapon skill mechanic, and players don't get fucked in the ass when they get a new weapon type.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

The internet, the wow forums, and even the wow info pages are completely contradictory

Some say that's been gone since pre-TBC, others say just the tooltip was removed but the effect remains

The int skill bonus was officially removed pre-BC according to patch notes, but there's pretty much incontrovertible test evidence that it's still in. It's not working as intended, since patch notes said it was out, but blizzard obviously doesn't care, because it hasn't been fixed in two expansions.

Hevach on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hevach wrote: »

The int skill bonus was officially removed pre-BC according to patch notes, but there's pretty much incontrovertible test evidence that it's still in. It's not working as intended, since patch notes said it was out, but blizzard obviously doesn't care, because it hasn't been fixed in two expansions.

This is correct.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hey I thought they had changed the Sinister Calling achievement to only require one of the two items? Does this mean they made it easier to get both? Or am I probably going to hate my life for two weeks and then not get my holiday mount?

EDIT: I might be thinking of a different holiday achievement.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    They certainly haven't changed it. I only need a squashling to get my drake. I missed out on one last year and if I don't get one, I will /wrists.

You can get the squashlings from the daily quest, the HH and from candy bags now though, so Go Go. I read they have upped the droprate from the horseman too.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I think I was thinking of the brewfest mount achievement. Where they changed it to either looting a mount, or using the herbs or whatever to change your mount.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    complete side topic: anyone know the name of that program that lets you remap the keys on your mac keyboard? (Since WoW doesn't recognize the Command key has a modifier for hotkeys in game). I used to have it 8 months ago, but have since forgotten

edit: Nevermind. Apparently you can do this from the "System Preferences" menu now. Neat

planetes42 on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What I don't get is why they still keep it the way it is. Why can't they just make it like poisons where it automatically levels when you level? Boom, problem solved. They still keep their shitty weapon skill mechanic, and players don't get fucked in the ass when they get a new weapon type.

I like it.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    reVerse wrote: »
    PierceNeck wrote: »

Massive Multiplayer broobroobroo.

Yeah, it's stupid.

I can save Silvermoon by myself

Brainleech on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    As for Weapon skill I was going to ask about this at blizzcon but the line was too long
    Since other than the achievement it's worthless for a mage,warlock,priest unless you want to melee people for a laugh

Brainleech on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Brainleech wrote: »
    As for Weapon skill I was going to ask about this at blizzcon but the line was too long
    Since other than the achievement it's worthless for a mage,warlock,priest unless you want to melee people for a laugh
    wowscrnshot041609210657.jpg
    Sup.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ranlin wrote: »

The rings dropped for me almost every single time I've tried. Like... 15 tries. Broom dropped once. Pumpkin hat dropped once.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    Oh for fuck's sake: wiping on the Horseman uses up the daily.

It really sucks because it looked like it was going to be just fine, when I suddenly get RAPED in the third phase. I'm not sure how I can manage it. Blitzing him down would get him to head phase, but I'd probably die REAL fast to the 2+ waves of fiends if I'm dpsing the head down in cat. On the other hand, the fiends have decent amount of health, so swiping them down isn't too practical. I think that is the best method, however.

On the other hand, I'd rather not waste attempts learning to solo it.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Why would you solo the HH? You get more drops if you do it in a group. :/

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Ranlin wrote: »

The rings dropped for me almost every single time I've tried. Like... 15 tries. Broom dropped once. Pumpkin hat dropped once.

Aye, I've seen ONE pet drop. Everything else has been rings, rings, rings.

shryke on
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    He drops a ring every time, like the trinkets off the Brewfest guy. The rest of his loot table is additional to the rings.

Grobian on
This discussion has been closed.