As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[To: R. Khoo] PAX Sponsor Question

NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
edited August 2005 in PAX Archive
Hey Robert, You no doubt have seen endless threads go off topic because of this subject, so i just figured i'd ask you directly. not that i am complaining, because after a while everybody got used to it, but for everybody else's sake, could you please try to get a deodorant company to sponsor pax, or at least give out samples, because last year, everybody was B****ing and moaning about it, and i just though i'd try and get them to stay on topic and quiet down for a bit. any effort would be appreciated, and we would all like to thank you in advance.
thanks

~Nephirij~

p.s. sorry if i am starting an old thread up again, buit at least this thread gives everyone a place to vent w/o going off topic in other threads.

Nephirij on

• Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    well that's just silly. what are you going to have scantily clad deoderant booth babes wandering around convincing those who lack a proper sense of hygine to take a french shower?

and not to press something further or be a troll or anything but...
    B-I-T-C-H-I-N-G
    if you're gonna cuss, cuss, if you're not, don't

futility on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited July 2005
    So we've been banging our heads together thinking about this all year, but ultimately there will be no deodorant sponsor. One of the issues we would run into are the mad applying of deodorant on the spot- do you remember what your high school locker room smelled like? Turns out the overwhelming stench of deodorant isn't pleasant.

We are increasing the ventilation in all the rooms as well as having room deodorizers in place. It should solve the issues based on our tests, but please let me know again this year if these steps don't solve the problem.

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    Maybe get some Enforcers to be Scent Enforcers or something.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Oh, and it also helps we're forcing everyone to go home each night.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    Only slightly. Some people need a helping hand.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    iplaybassiplaybass Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Call the fire department and have them hose down the lines every morning.

iplaybass on
    fsradiosig.jpg
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    So we've been banging our heads together thinking about this all year, but ultimately there will be no deodorant sponsor. One of the issues we would run into are the mad applying of deodorant on the spot- do you remember what your high school locker room smelled like? Turns out the overwhelming stench of deodorant isn't pleasant.

We are increasing the ventilation in all the rooms as well as having room deodorizers in place. It should solve the issues based on our tests, but please let me know again this year if these steps don't solve the problem.

-robert

Just out of curiosity, how do you test for that?

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Let's not talk about it.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Was this really an issue last year? :|

GeeCee on
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    sort of... it was commented on. but it kind of is being blown out of proportion.... maybe i shouldnt have joked about it so much here

futility on
  • Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited July 2005

-robert

I went to a middle school, were all the guy would never take their stuff home. So after six months of that, the P.E. Staff would come in with a fire hose. It was that bad.

Highfire on
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    thanks for the info, robert... i was wondering if you guys had thought about it, and those ideas sound great.

~Nephirij~

Nephirij on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    I find it hilarious that people can be so god damned ignorant on personal hygine.

How about we tell people when they stink? If we establish it as a social convention of PAX, then it won't be considered rude.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Aye.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman