As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Art Dump From Art School (Vann is still trying) updated!

Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Artist's Corner
So I'm still trying this stuff, but now I'm at a fancy art school! which means I actually have some stuff to show and I should be able to update this pretty regularly as I do stuff.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, HERE COMES A TON OF IMAGES

Here's some stuff from Drawing class, where we've only focused on line drawings thus far:

skull.jpg
skulldetail.jpg
skulldetail2.jpg

legs.jpg
legsdetail.jpg

h-scroll
foot.jpg
bottle.jpg
bottledetail.jpg

bones.jpg
bonesdetail2.jpg

Here's a few things I did tonight just for laughs (paints and marker)

helpuswearedrowning.jpg

standback.jpg

ohnodanceparty.jpg

And finally, here are a few comics! I do these for a website run out of the school of journalism here. They are pretty weak, but I'll get into a groove sometime.

COMIC-spaceclown.jpg

COMIC-thevampireproblem.jpg

Here is how that last comic actually looked when I submitted it, after coloring. and yes there is a spelling error in this version.

h-scroll
2-vampireproblem-small.jpg
Soooooo there you go. I apologize for the picture quality and all that, but I don't really have good lighting for this sort of thing. Crits are great, I'm here to improve.

END OF ART DUMP. MAN THAT IS A LOT OF IMAGES.

Vann Diras on

• Options
    LachoneusLachoneus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    heh i like the vampire one

and for some reason, i like the space clown one. it made me chuckle

Lachoneus on
    "No women. No kids."
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I love Space Clown. I personally don't think the comic is very good, but I just find him so endearing that I love that one.

and if he's good enough for me, he's good enough to show to my entire university.

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    LaliluleloLalilulelo Richmond, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hellsing Rules! I love it.

Line drawings are ok, but you should try using shape, establishing the form of the objects.

Lalilulelo on
  • Options
    iglidanteiglidante Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Love the comic style. In general, though, your lines feel very...confident. Not so much on the feet-by-themselves sketch, but all the others have very well-formed lines. Even if they aren't perfect, they feel very intentional.

iglidante on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    hey here is some stuff

some value-ish stuff I guess
    mv6ays.jpg

1zvcxn9.jpg

and here are some comics?? they're pretty silly
    2dlqf09.jpg

zswys4.jpg

got a pretty good 3-D project I'm working on right now, so I'll try to get some pictures of that here soon-ish

other than that, gimme some comments

Vann Diras on