As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

West Coast SuperTrip 2.0

• Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Damn, sorry about your event, but it's cool as far as trip organization is concerned!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    Kemeno_KiyoshiKemeno_Kiyoshi Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Good news everyone!

Awesome, then I'm in.

Kemeno_Kiyoshi on
    not drunk enough
  • Options
    MegapuppyMegapuppy Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    So it looks like I'll be picking up Kameno, Alhava and B:L at the Sacramento waypoint, and then picking up ZeroZero at the Portland Waypoint. It'll get a bit snug in the explorer, but it can handle 3 backseaters pretty well. There will be plenty of cargo space.

Megapuppy on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Actually, a bunch of my riders bailed, so it's just gonna be me and DocZero from Portland on up. If ZeroZero wants a seat, he can have it!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    ctishman wrote:
    Actually, a bunch of my riders bailed, so it's just gonna be me and DocZero from Portland on up. If ZeroZero wants a seat, he can have it!
    Yay, a non cramped car! Just Kiddiing. I'll take the seat!

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Wonderous! email me with a phone number, k? ctishman at gmail

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    ctishman wrote:
    Wonderous! email me with a phone number, k? ctishman at gmail
    Roger that

• Options
    edited August 2005
    Got your mail, but my outgoing server is apparently at an Al Quaeda meeting tonight, so it couldn't be there to send my mail.

America-hating bastard SMTP server.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    I just got a crate of Bawls for the trip too. I'll probably have some extra to distribute.

Megapuppy on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Hot damn. I'll try to hook us up with Bawls at the Eugene waypoint, too.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited August 2005
    sticky section was getting a bit crowded and this seemed like an active thread on its own. sorry.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    No problem!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    MowAlonMowAlon Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I've seen a little mention of Phoenicians wanting to make the SuperTrip out to Washington.

Nate and I, from ChatterBox Video Game Radio, want to go on the trip. We've only just started planning, and we want to find out who else from the Phoenix area is going.

If you're leaving from or traveling through Phoenix to get with the SuperTrip, please contact me: alon@chatterboxgameshow.com

This will be an awesome trip, but even better if we can help represent the Phoenix folks.

MowAlon on
    I host this podcast - www.chatterboxgameshow.com
    I'm trying to sell stuff here - it8bit.storenvy.com
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    ctishman wrote:
    Hot damn. I'll try to hook us up with Bawls at the Eugene waypoint, too.
    So that mean Bawls in my car. Awesome!

• Options
    edited August 2005
    Unfortunately, Phoenix has been dropped from this year's schedule.

HOWEVER <--(And that there's a big however)

You're free to join us at the L.A. Waypoint, as that seems to be the point at which the trip is really coming together. PM ben184 for more info.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Finalizing waypoints:

The waypoints I have are listed below. I still need San Diego, Los Angeles and Sacramento. Get 'em in a reply here within 7 days, or so help me Dashboard Jesus, I'll make them up, despite having never been to these places.

Eugene, OR
    Approximate Arrival: 9:30 A.M. August 25th.
    If you're joining the trip at Eugene, get there at: 9:00 A.M. August 25th.
    From I-5 Northbound:
    Take Exit 157A. This is actually a tricky exit to take. When you initially pull off, you'll be separated from the rest of the I-5 traffic by those concrete barrier things, but still moving with it. Do not, do not, do not keep going straight through, as that will merge your ass right back onto I-5 North. Before the underpass ahead there is an exit to the right. Take that. It'll snake you up across, and you'll end up at a large intersection. Go straight through the intersection and turn right into the IHOP parking lot.

Portland, OR
    Approximate Arrival: 12:30 P.M. August 25th.
    If you're joining the trip at Portland, get there at: Noon August 25th.
    From I-5 Northbound:
    Portland's meeting point is actually in Wilsonville, which is a bit south of the city. Take exit 283. At the bottom of the offramp, turn 90 degrees right onto the street. Follow that to SW Town Center Loop West. ChronoChrist, who named that street? Anyhow, the turn is the first real intersection on that road, and you have a protected left. Take it, and follow it as it snakes around for about a quarter mile. The signs will be big. Supertrippers joining in Portland: Be at the entrance portico, waiting.

Bellevue, WA
    Approximate Arrival: 5:30 P.M. August 25th.
    From I-5 Northbound:
    Take Exit 154 (Burien/Renton/Airport), which takes us onto I-405. Follow that 13 miles or so. Here comes the trickiest part:

1) Take Exit 12 (116th Ave). The offramp will almost immediately fork in two.

2) Take the left fork.

3) This will dump you out onto 116th Ave. SE. Take a left. Follow it to Main St.

4) Turn left on Main St, and cross over the interstate. The first street after you cross over will be 112th Ave. Take another left.

Follow that straight along, and the Doubletree will be on your left.

Please stow all tray tables/PDAs/GBAs/PSPs, etc. Grab your shit, get your room. Enjoy your stay.

Departure
    Despite anything the schedule site might say, departure date is the 29th, which is the Monday after PAX.

Drivers: Get a good night of sleep (at least 6 hours, but 8 is preferred) before we depart. The lives of others depend upon you being awake for this, and it's a fuckin' long haul.

Set your alarms for 6:00 A.M.
    Be downstairs checking out by 6:30.
    We're in the cars by 7:00 A.M.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Sacramento, CA

Fry's Electronics
    Arrival Time: Unknown

From I-5 Northbound:
    Take the I-80 Exit going East, after about 2 miles there will be an exit for Northgate Blvd. Exit on to this and turn left at Northgate. Fry's is the first building on your right.

Megapuppy on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    12:30 A.M.
    Riders at Sacramento get to Fry's at midnight. Bring coffee, bawls, etc.

Drivers: If you can, get 4 hours sack time before departure, even if it's just lying there with the lights off. You'll be driving through the night, and then most of the next day. If you can get someone to trade off, more power to you. Be sure to set an alarm, though :)

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    alhavaalhava Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Hello. I heard that there may be room in a car leaving from Sacremento?
    I livein LA, and I would be able to drive myself and a few others up to Sacremento to join someone else's vehicle.
    Is such an opportunity available?

alhava on
    I kick it old school,
    because I'm too cheap to kick it new school.

www.heroseekingvigilante.blogspot.com
    [H]ard since '99
  • Options
    ben184ben184 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Megapuppy may have a cramped backseat, but you'll have to check with him and his passengers on that.

I'm also working on borrowing a Dodge Caravan from a friend, but don't get your hopes up.

Other news:

the San Diego waypoint, leaving at 2PM, is (if anyone shows up):
    Fry's Electronics
    9825 Stonecrest Boulevard
    San Diego, CA 92123

the Newhall waypoint, leaving at 6PM, is:
    Pizza Hut
    23430 Lyons Avenue
    Newhall, CA 91321

Riverside was dropped, because eelektrik was the only one there, and he's flying. Any Arizona WCSTers should meet up in Newhall. You can get there by taking the 10 Freeway west to the 57 Freeway (Orange Freeway) north to the 210 Freeway west, to the 5 Interstate north. Plan your travel so you can arrive at the Pizza Hut in Newhall at 5:30PM.

As of this point, the schedule and route are locked in!
    Check the website (westcoastsupertrip.com) for more details and links to Google Maps of all the locations. Also go there to download the 2005 WCST logo and directional arrows. Print them out to guide drivers, or to paste on the side of your car.

Did I forget anything?

ben184 on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2005
    ctishman wrote:
    Finalizing waypoints:

The waypoints I have are listed below. I still need San Diego, Los Angeles and Sacramento. Get 'em in a reply here within 7 days, or so help me Dashboard Jesus, I'll make them up, despite having never been to these places.

Eugene, OR
    Approximate Arrival: 9:30 A.M. August 25th.
    If you're joining the trip at Eugene, get there at: 9:00 A.M. August 25th.
    From I-5 Northbound:
    Take Exit 157A. This is actually a tricky exit to take. When you initially pull off, you'll be separated from the rest of the I-5 traffic by those concrete barrier things, but still moving with it. Do not, do not, do not keep going straight through, as that will merge your ass right back onto I-5 North. Before the underpass ahead there is an exit to the right. Take that. It'll snake you up across, and you'll end up at a large intersection. Go straight through the intersection and turn right into the IHOP parking lot.

Portland, OR
    Approximate Arrival: 12:30 P.M. August 25th.
    If you're joining the trip at Portland, get there at: Noon August 25th.
    From I-5 Northbound:
    Portland's meeting point is actually in Wilsonville, which is a bit south of the city. Take exit 283. At the bottom of the offramp, turn 90 degrees right onto the street. Follow that to SW Town Center Loop West. ChronoChrist, who named that street? Anyhow, the turn is the first real intersection on that road, and you have a protected left. Take it, and follow it as it snakes around for about a quarter mile. The signs will be big. Supertrippers joining in Portland: Be at the entrance portico, waiting.

Bellevue, WA
    Approximate Arrival: 5:30 P.M. August 25th.
    From I-5 Northbound:
    Take Exit 154 (Burien/Renton/Airport), which takes us onto I-405. Follow that 13 miles or so. Here comes the trickiest part:

1) Take Exit 12 (116th Ave). The offramp will almost immediately fork in two.

2) Take the left fork.

3) This will dump you out onto 116th Ave. SE. Take a left. Follow it to Main St.

4) Turn left on Main St, and cross over the interstate. The first street after you cross over will be 112th Ave. Take another left.

Follow that straight along, and the Doubletree will be on your left.

Please stow all tray tables/PDAs/GBAs/PSPs, etc. Grab your shit, get your room. Enjoy your stay.

Departure
    Despite anything the schedule site might say, departure date is the 29th, which is the Monday after PAX.

Drivers: Get a good night of sleep (at least 6 hours, but 8 is preferred) before we depart. The lives of others depend upon you being awake for this, and it's a fuckin' long haul.

Set your alarms for 6:00 A.M.
    Be downstairs checking out by 6:30.
    We're in the cars by 7:00 A.M.

whoa there.. Were doing clackamas again. The only reason it wasn't at clackamas before was because of red D.

Clackamas is one of the best places to go actually. Its a bus hub and gosh dangit its going to have to be it. Its much easier to get to then frys(Wilsonville).

PORTLAND PEOPLE CALL ME!!! PM ME! IM ME!
    Viscountalpha on AIM
    503-473-6819

TIME IS NOW, if your going drop me a line!

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Edit: Oh. Never mind then.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I edited it so it makes more sense.

The whole reason i would like this route to go this way is to avoid a ton of traffic and avoid the crazy downtown roads.

Folks, its better this way. I promise

This crappy mall doesn't have an arcade so the next logical choice is EB. I want to see their faces when a small army shows up on their doorstep chanting "OMGWTFPAX"

bwhahahahhahhahah!

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Bwahaha indeed.

Megapuppy on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Has Gabe mentioned us on the front page this year? Or is the WCST, like, old news?

ben184 on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Hey, uh, Ben. That's the wrong IHOP. Check the directions I gave in my post for the right one (out near Gateway Mall).

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    ctishman wrote:
    Hey, uh, Ben. That's the wrong IHOP. Check the directions I gave in my post for the right one (out near Gateway Mall).
    Check PM

ben184 on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    OK; schedule and waypoints are all correct. 2 days till departure, so get in contact with your Waypoint Captains. If forums go down again, remember: everything is available at www.WestCoastSupertrip.com

OPEN SEAT!!!

If you want to go on the WCST, but don't have a ride, this is your last chance:

F4hy is looking for a SoCal passenger. He was with us last year, and will be driving a Honda Civic Hybrid. He is coming from the Newhall waypoint, so this is a good opportunity for SoCal paople. Only stipulation: the passenger must be a licensed driver. He will need to trade-off driving with you.

PM F4hy now!

Or email him: f4hy@umail.ucsb.edu

Also on AIM: sciencemoo

ben184 on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    I got a couple calls today, from Kiyoshi and someone else. So it looks like my passenger list is Kiyoshi, B:L, and alhava. Did i miss anyone else? I'm not sure of the forum name of the other guy who called me.

Megapuppy on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Alhava is trying to get a ride with F4hy up from LA (reply to PMs, F4hy!). He (she?) may be continuing up to Bellevue with F4hy, since he needs someone to trade-off driving. This is good for your other 3 passengers, who will now be less cramped.

Stay tuned to find out. Same bat time. Same bat channel.

ben184 on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2005
    My friend and I are looking for a ride to PAX. If anyone is driving up from Southern California and can stop on the way to pick us up, that'd be awesome. We are in Santa Clarita (where Magic Mountain is) and can meet you right off of the 5. If this sounds do-able, please gimme a call @ 530-559-2818.

Much Thanks,
    Jake Vega

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    We need a van coming from SoCal...

ben184 on
  • Options
    duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Is it just me or is the Super Trip smaller than last year? Shouldn't it be the other way around, given that this year's is bigger?

I'm just curious, I don't mean to rag on it or anything because it's a cool idea.

duderdude2 on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Yeah, it's much smaller.

I think it's a combination of no announcement on the PA frontpage and scary organization last year.

ben184 on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Ah, makes sense. That's too bad, though at least it should be pretty easy to manage this year.

duderdude2 on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Yeah, we've been pretty anal about organization.

Oh yeah, and for
    those travelling with the trip, tune GMRS channel 18.

Those are the little 2/3/10-mile handheld radios you can get at Radio Shack for $20 or so. I know Ben, I and the bus will have radios, but if you want to join in, bring your own!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    doczerodoczero Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I just bolted a drivers seat into the bus so I won't have to sit on a milkcrate! Paint and exterior look pretty good for being half finished. There's even some carpet in there!

Channel 18 check.

doczero on
    =
    Where there is no love,
    Nothing is possible.
    =
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    What's this "bus" you speak of?

duderdude2 on
  • Options
    MowAlonMowAlon Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Is anyone at all meeting at the San Diego waypoint? Nate and I were planning to be there on time to meet everyone.

We don't have any signage saying we're with the trip, though, so you'll have to know what I look like - or just look for the guy riding the Segway.

Please, please, please reply if you are meeting at the San Diego waypoint. I'm afraid no one will be there and we'll have to be all by ourselves :cry:

MowAlon on
    I host this podcast - www.chatterboxgameshow.com
    I'm trying to sell stuff here - it8bit.storenvy.com