As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] What A Long, Strange Chat it's Been

1575859606163»

• ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mine is starting to do that too. In that exact same spot. You're playing too much wow

Yea I guess 1000 hours in a year is too much, isn't it?

And yea, WoW runs like butter most of the time, but when raiding it takes a big hit, especially with...
    Xperl
    QH
    Bartender
    RicoMinimap
    Auctioneer
    Gearscore
    etc

all loaded up and running.

Most of that stuff isn't doing a whole more or less during raiding, but QH is a nasty nasty resource hog. Also if you don't have memory to spare Recount (if you run it) can get pretty hungry.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mine is starting to do that too. In that exact same spot. You're playing too much wow

And yea, WoW runs like butter most of the time, but when raiding it takes a big hit, especially with...
    Xperl
    QH
    Bartender
    RicoMinimap
    Auctioneer
    Gearscore
    etc

I am definitely going to be rocking Bartender now. The old machine just couldn't keep up.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • TheTishTheTish Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just pugged H CoS

Once we all got in and got to where it was about to start, the raid leader asked me "for 100g each we'll run you through and you won't have to do anything, and we'll all pass on the drake".
    I said "don't you all already have it?" and he replied "yes, but if you pay each of us 100g we won't roll on it so you'll be guaranteed to get it"
    I didn't pay them because i'm not stupid, and their healer afks during the Infinite Corrupter fight and they wipe at like 5% anyways :P

PUGs....

I would have hearthed as soon as they tried to pull that shit. Thats a pretty shady scheme to swindle people out of some gold, and I wouldn't have trusted them to try for the mount after refusing to pay for it. The healer afk'ing and causing the wipe on the infinite corrupter was probably intentional.

TheTish on
    sig-1117080.jpg
    -- Gnome mage enchantress and inscriptionologist... er scribbler --
    sig-1497520.jpg
    sig-1497534.jpg
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Xperl
    QH
    Bartender
    RicoMinimap
    Auctioneer
    Gearscore
    etc

Gearscore nooooooooooooo

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I haven't even heard of gearscore like two days ago and now it's every-freak-where. Screenshots, addon lists, dang forums are getting invaded by that crap.

Bigity on
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Senshi wrote: »
    ...Paint?

I don't know about you, but my Macbook Pro is almost a year and a half old now and it runs just as well as the day I got it. It's also, y'know, made of unpainted aluminum. You sure you have a MBP?

No key sticking, battery life is just fine (plus I abuse my battery--it's plugged in almost all the time). You sure you aren't using your laptop as a coaster or something?
    macbook-pitting2.jpg

Just like that, the finish coming off or whatever it is. but alot more than that.

That is dirt and dead skin cells from your hand getting stuck in the microscopic texture of the smooth aluminum. You'll find you'll be able to remove the larger spots with a needle, since the larger ones are just larger "pores" on the surface.

The exact same thing happens on the plastic ones. If it bothers you, get an external keyboard for tasks that require you to rest your hand on it like that--e.g. WoW or FPS games.

Also, dunno about you, but my WASD keys are in pristine shape even after 1.5 years of heavy FPS and WoW use. Can't say the same about most other people's keyboards.

Senshi on
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    So for the last hours I get to "Success!" when logging in and then stuck until disconnected.

Success my ass.

I'm having a different problem trying to connect, and was wondering if anyone else was having issues.

I log in, and WoW tells me that it needs to restart to apply a patch. It doesn't restart, but drops me back to the login screen saying that the patch failed to download.

I'm running version 3.2.2.10505 - Is this the latest version? Is there a patch I'm just not getting, or are my files borked. I can't get to the website from this computer at the moment, so I guess I'll check tonight if nothing else.

Toxic Pickle on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sorry Bigity you usually say Hi to my rogue when I have just woken up and logged in the game to do my dailies

I am getting stuck on the auth loop again

Brainleech on
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    lol no worries

Bigity on
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    W2 wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    Has gearscore suddenly replaced recount on epeen measurmeant?

Seems like it, which is utterly retarded. I've got a friend who's trying to gear up his freshly 80 DK in heroics. I'm healing him on my paladin and so far we've had no troubles. He's defense capped and has about 30k health fully buffed, which is more than comfortable for heroics.

The problem is we can't even get people to stick around to run a normal Trial of the Champion when they see his gearscore, and so we have to mill through about three or four DPS before we find one that's not a prick. Ugh. This is definitely a Hate.

I use wow-heroes rather than gearscore to check people, but this is f'ing retarded - I've never gear checked anyone for a heroic/normal 5 man in wrath, the instances were bloody easy even when everyone was in fresh 80's gear. Even normal ToC is pretty easy as long as everyone knows what they are doing.

LockeCole on
  • LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    Senshi wrote: »
    ...Paint?

I don't know about you, but my Macbook Pro is almost a year and a half old now and it runs just as well as the day I got it. It's also, y'know, made of unpainted aluminum. You sure you have a MBP?

No key sticking, battery life is just fine (plus I abuse my battery--it's plugged in almost all the time). You sure you aren't using your laptop as a coaster or something?
    macbook-pitting2.jpg

Just like that, the finish coming off or whatever it is. but alot more than that.

I'd imagine the new plastic version released today wouldn't have that issue?

It's sweat/hand oils making the finish peel on the metal finishes, whereas the white plastic suffers from staining for the same reason. Use an external keyboard :)

Lewisham on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So, are other servers experiencing heavy afternoon lag?

SabreMau on
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SabreMau wrote: »
    So, are other servers experiencing heavy afternoon lag?

SC is borderline unplayable. Dead bodies everywhere because mobs aren't lagging, peopel falling out of the sky when their mounts magically vanish out from under them, and continent world servers are all taking turns crashing. Loot lag's about two minutes.

Hevach on
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It's Armalagon!

Gatsby on
This discussion has been closed.