As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thinkgeek servers down 1 minute after CTS Cel

• Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    spydey wrote:
    I was going to, but then I felt bad so I only got one.

My girlfriend told me to get 2 and sell the second one, but I felt bad about it because I got screwed out of the first print so I was happy with just the 1.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    DaddyCoolDaddyCool Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    yeah same here...

due to the issues I had three in my LOOT box.

It crossed my mind that even living in the UK I wouldnt lose my money on buying all three.

However I didnt think I could afford the bad karma in my life right now :lol:

DaddyCool on
    <pls insert unimpressive PC specs here>
  • Options
    RicochetRicochet Registered User new member
    edited July 2005
    Hey, so I wasn't the only one up at 5am repeatedly clicking in the UK :) good stuff, I can't imagine there will be many that make it over to europe due to the time difference to be honest :)

Good stuff, was worth the sleep dep (especially on WoW server maintainence day - Grrr!).

Ricochet on
    He who laughs last, thinks slowest
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2005
    it's really shitty that people bought 2+ just to gain a profit. I know tycho and gabe are probably happy that things such as this are prized so highly that someone WOULD pay $200 for, but at the same time, people buying multiples for that purpose is lame. I mean it's their money and they can invest it in whatever they want, but still. Maybe the next print can have a limit of 2.

Last night (this morning :P ) reminded me of college class registration. People who got theirs came out feeling incredible awesome, euphoric, while the people who didn't get one now have a deep seeded hatred for humanity. But they have $80 more than we do now.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    I think I must have been incredibly lucky.

I woke up at around 6 this morning (an hour after I think they went on sale), spent about 5 minutes mindlessly stumbling about before I remembered who I was (a normal morning) then turned pc on and hit the store.

Clicked order, remembered I needed to register (never bought from tg) and amazingly managed to stumble through putting all the details in and actually managed to get my CTS Cel!

Got my confirmation email at 6:14 this morning. Presumably not long after it sold out.

I had no server problems at all, clean sailing straight through.

My worry now is... there's bound to be some bad karma to balance this out.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    That was good timing. It took about an hour to get the site working again so you hit it at the right time.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    GaminGamin Brockport, NYRegistered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Is everyone's cell still in the "Processing" stage at ThinkGeek?

I can't help but be nervous that mine isn't going to go through.

Gamin on
    Damn i really like Ferrari, but they are letting the fans down because other car companies sell more cars than them!
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Mine still says processing. I'm going to be nervous until it says sent. :|

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    ViRGEViRGE Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    spydey wrote:
    Mine shipped yesterday, complete with tracking number, and is half-way to me right now. Either TG couldn't ship out so many items in 1 day, or you're one of the few unlucky people who managed to get an order in after the 500 sold out, in which case PA is "prepared"(see Wednesday's news posts).

ViRGE on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    I just received an e-mail minutes ago that my CTS was shipped from ThinkGeek today. My order was officially placed at 10:07 PST.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    ViRGE wrote:
    spydey wrote:
    Mine shipped yesterday, complete with tracking number, and is half-way to me right now. Either TG couldn't ship out so many items in 1 day, or you're one of the few unlucky people who managed to get an order in after the 500 sold out, in which case PA is "prepared"(see Wednesday's news posts).

I click buy as soon as it became availible. I better get one.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    I just checked, and mine shipped about 30 minutes ago. :P

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    PalinePaline Registered User new member
    edited July 2005
    Oh man... i just missed the UPS guy by like 30 mins :shock:

Paline on
    The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed LINUX.
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    I found out mine just shipped, I hope DHL doesn't need a signature!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    /sigh

Mine still hasn't shipped >< ><

Gamin on
    Damn i really like Ferrari, but they are letting the fans down because other car companies sell more cars than them!
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Mine's sitting at the local pickup office after me having missed the UPS dude yesterday.

You better believe I'm leaving work early to go get that.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    I'm starting to think I'm screwed...

Gamin on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    PaleZer0 wrote:
    I'm starting to think I'm screwed...

Hopefully yours will be shipped on Monday.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    I just checked and mine still says Processing too.

I am sure it will be fine. Gabe implied on his post that they had a plan for any accidental over orders due to the shitty ThinkGeek store.
    ThinkGeek told us that at one point they were receiving more than 30 orders a second. In fact once the prints were sold out a small batch of orders still went through. I am proud to say that we were prepared for that this time.

DaddyCool on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    The regular laser cell has been posted.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/pennyarcade/other/75c4/

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Mine arrived as expected today; PA outdid themselves here, it's a beauty.:)

ViRGE on
  • Options
    -Sol--Sol- Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    ViRGE wrote:

Ooo.. They did a good job on it? What number did you get?

Hmm.. Anyone figured out how thay'll be framing this badboy?

-Sol- on
    Avalloc on Xbox Live
  • Options
    DudeMiesterDudeMiester Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    I just got my shipped notification, so I still have like a 5 day wait....RUN DHL!! RUN!!!

DudeMiester on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    hooray for being shipped.... well I gues since I live in the UK thats gonna be next friday I get mine.

Hooray for me :lol:

DaddyCool on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    -Sol- wrote:
    ViRGE wrote:

It's in the 400-425 range(I don't really want to say what specific number I got). As for framing it, I haven't put much thought in to it. I guess I'm going to the frame store and digging until I come up with something that fits.

ViRGE on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Ugh... still processing... ><

Gamin on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Got mine today as well, #368. Looks great! Worth hitting refresh for an hour. ;)

Unknown User on
  • Options
    juno_reactorjuno_reactor Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    i got mine #667 and it is bent all the way down the whole picture i was about to cry, lol. but they said they will take care of it for me like print another one and get rid of this one so there will still only be 750. i was sp pumped and now im let down :(

juno_reactor on
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    ViRGE wrote:
    -Sol- wrote:
    ViRGE wrote:

It's in the 400-425 range(I don't really want to say what specific number I got). As for framing it, I haven't put much thought in to it. I guess I'm going to the frame store and digging until I come up with something that fits.

I'm not trying to give you any flack at all, but I was wondering if you could describe why you don't want to give the specific number out. I'm sincerely just curious, as I have never bought a numbered collectable before. Is there something that I don't understand about them?

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    DJBreslin wrote:
    I'm not trying to give you any flack at all, but I was wondering if you could describe why you don't want to give the specific number out. I'm sincerely just curious, as I have never bought a numbered collectable before. Is there something that I don't understand about them?
    Well say for example hard times hit, and I decide to put it up on eBay. With a limited edition like that, it's common practice to say what number I'd be selling, so someone could track that back to me. That in and of itself isn't too bad, but I don't want to have to deal with people giving me shit for selling it, plus it follows a general rule I have of keeping a level of seperation between my online persona and my physical persona.

ViRGE on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    ViRGE wrote:
    DJBreslin wrote:
    Well say for example hard times hit, and I decide to put it up on eBay. With a limited edition like that, it's common practice to say what number I'd be selling, so someone could track that back to me. That in and of itself isn't too bad, but I don't want to have to deal with people giving me shit for selling it, plus it follows a general rule I have of keeping a level of seperation between my online persona and my physical persona.

Got it. Thanks!

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Mine arrived in work this morning.. #292.... am very pleased with it

Time to go buy a frame I think. :D

DaddyCool on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    :: I'm still hoping mine will actually ship... sometime ::

Gamin on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    Tracking info finally updated this morning (what use is tracking info when it doesn't until after your item is almost delivered?). Says it's with the courier, so I should have it by 5:30 tonight. Huzzah!

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Dammit

I swear I have the worst freaking luck...

ThinkGeek still says processing for mine... It's been processing for 6 days.

Gamin on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    I am a bit worried that my print isnt 100%.

Can people that have received theirs compare my pics with what they are seeing please.

To me it looks like my print is considerably darker than the one in the example pic.

Thanks alot in advance.

Also please dont flame me for "dis-ing the print" or anything as I do like alot.

Pls note how dark the fishies are in the non-flash version as that is the closest to how the print actually looks in real life.

cts_print.jpg

DaddyCool on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    DaddyCool wrote:
    I am a bit worried that my print isnt 100%.

Can people that have received theirs compare my pics with what they are seeing please.

To me it looks like my print is considerably darker than the one in the example pic.

Thanks alot in advance.

Also please dont flame me for "dis-ing the print" or anything as I do like alot.

Pls note how dark the fishies are in the non-flash version as that is the closest to how the print actually looks in real life.
    Mine's the same as yours; you need a good, naturallight source to make the fish stand out.

ViRGE on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    Look at how bright the white between the red stripe and the black is on the far right pic, and how bright it is in yours.

You're going to need to put it under enough light to make that match to expect the picture to look the same. And the original probably isn't under a 110 W incandescent light halfway across the room, it's probably in a brightly lit studio.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    cts.jpg

(Yeah, that's a box of Junior Mints.)

If you need a brightly lit studio to see it well enough, well, most of us don't have that. :) It's not much better in sunlight. I don't think my expectations are unrealistic; I'm not expecting it to look like the original, of course, but I did assume that the picture posted on PA would be something like representative (and not how it looks under ideal but unlikely conditions). Unfortunately, under my lighting, it's just too dark to be interesting--too much of the scene is hard to see. Oh well.

(FD: By the way, most typical lightbulbs I've seen are 40-80W, and 80W can be pretty bright--did you mean 110V?)

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Ah crap. These pictures don't give me the good feeling I want. I tend to be very picky, so I'm wondering now if it's better that it forever be in the hands of DHL so that I can't actually be dissastisfied.

Of course, I reserve judgment. I will come back and post when I get mine...

DJBreslin on
This discussion has been closed.