As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Boobytrapping software for filesharing sites

123457»

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Edit: He contained me over AIM.

Also yes, repeating the fact that I am a jerk because that's how I roll

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    GothicLargoGothicLargo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    theSquid wrote: »
    It can also completely destroy the sales of a game by making it appear buggy, see Titan Quest.

That's giving Iron Lore a lot of undeserved credit. Titan Quest was just flat out bad testing.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    A pretty interesting article concerning StarDock and piracy...
    Poor Demigod had a rocky launch. Mainly because there were too many people trying to play the game. And why were there too many people? Because there were five pirates for every paying customer.

In a post on the game's forums, Stardock's Brad Wardell has revealed that the game's servers have been flooded with users trying to play the game. More users than they would have anticipated going by sales, as Wardell says internal data shows that while the game has been purchased by 18,000 people, there have been around 120,000 people trying to play the game over the past week.

No evidence at all!

The punchline here is that DRMed games fare just as poorly, and it cost them extra money for the DRM.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm about as anti-DRM as you can get, but requiring a valid CD key to use company servers is totally unobtrusive.

TL DR on