As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 10-21-09: Don't be all emotional...

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Graphic Violence
Get it? Emotional? Black Lanterns?

Anyway, from Blackest Night Superman #3:

sbn3a.jpg

sbn3b.jpg

sbn3c.jpg

Robinson can kill off as many D-listers he wants as long as he writes Krypto well (and alive).

TexiKen on

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah that was pretty awesome.

Probably my favorite part of the issue was
    The shield around New Krypton. Its a nice throwback to Kandor. Only this time they willingly locked themselves away.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Did BN:Supes end on a cliffhanger? I won't have it for two weeks, and I'm wondering if I should add BN: JSA to my pull list.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Depends on your definition of cliffhanger. Was there a conclusion? Yes. Was it the ultimate destruction of the Black Lanterns? No.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My MOTW so far is in Tiny Titans #21.
    AW YEAH BAT-COW!!!

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Since I cursed the Bitching thread with that Hank Pym atrociousness, I figured I'd grace this thread with some equally awesome stuff from Dark Avengers. I enjoyed the whole issue, but this stuff stood out.
    img083.jpg

img084.jpg?t=1256165308

Whore.

Anyways, Osborn comes and tasks them with a mission. The Secretary of State (who controls their budget) called in a favor because his daughter is missing. Apparently, it's in a town called Dinosaur, Colorado. But the plot thickens! Hundreds of people have gone missing from that town and the surrounding counties as of late, mostly just people passing through. So, Osborn sends Sentry to investigate.

And he gets exploded.

So, after assembling a goddamn army, here we are. Karla offers to take point because she can go intangible.

img085-086.jpg

img087-img088.jpg

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jesus, that's BA

Antimatter on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    He'll be fine, he'l just throw a pumpkin bomb and then sleep with that guys significant other and knock her up. Next arc solved.

Seriously though, who are they?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    He'll be fine, he'l just throw a pumpkin bomb and then sleep with that guys significant other and knock her up. Next arc solved.

Seriously though, who are they?
    Molecule Man

Molecule_Man.jpg

Guessing the rest are constructs of Dormammu, Mephisto, Enchantress, and some big guy.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Would have been better if it was Moleculo.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Karla would never entertain that thought! Never!

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »

You know she'd go there, if only to mock him after if he was a let down. But yeah, does she have a compulsion or something?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    There's a scene where she walks away from him stripping after telling him why she's attracted to him.

So, yeah she would.

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Why is she attracted to him? Because he kills women?

Also, lack of getting it on with Ares?

Oh Karla, sniff, you seem so far gone now.....

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    JLA 38 was actually pretty good, all is not what we see this issue on two fronts.

Plus Bagley draws a very good Zatanna, it's like his DC version of Songbird:

jla38a.jpg

jla38b.jpg

TexiKen on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bagley's art seems to finally be leveling out, it seemed really off to me in his DC works so far. At least that's what I'm getting from those scans, I don't have this weeks books yet.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    His Despero is really really good, and the colorist on this book really makes things stand out, like magic.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Why is she attracted to him? Because he kills women?

Also, lack of getting it on with Ares?

Oh Karla, sniff, you seem so far gone now.....
    img090.jpg

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ugh

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Why do they have such pretty eyes?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Clint needs to get back in the Hawkeye digs pretty quick, you know what I am saying?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Peeps ChickenPeeps Chicken Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Guessing the rest are constructs of Dormammu, Mephisto, Enchantress, and some big guy.
    The Beyonder, maybe?

Peeps Chicken on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The Beyonder, maybe?
    Oh yeah, that's him

Antimatter on
  • Options
    NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I thought Mighty Avengers was full of awesome quotes this month.

My favorite coming from Osborn,
    Bob, I want that door thrown into the sun.

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I see Beyonder, Mephisto, Enchantress and Nightmare, but is that Zarathos?

mattharvest on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    at Matt
    Dormannu

Antimatter on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I see Beyonder, Mephisto, Enchantress and Nightmare, but is that Zarathos?

The guy who you think is Nightmare is actually Molecule Man. You can tell due to the scars on his face. And I don't know who Zarathos is but if it's the flame head guy I think that's Dormamuu.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Re.: DA
    Didn't Sentry's wife melt his face off last issue with a laser gun? Did they resolve that already?

DA hooked me right off the bat. I love these guys, I'm glad I decided not to drop this book.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Iron Man #19 --
    World's Most Wanted is finally over. Tony succeeded in deleting his brain. Apparently he is so utterly braindead now that his body doesn't even know how to do simple functions such as breathing.

Even though the arc is over in name, the story ended with a pretty major cliffhanger and it is far from over.

However, I gotta say that the scene where Osborn was desperately trying to win and salvage something from Tony was a pretty big moment. And Stark's simple response of "I win" was pretty good, since at the time, Osborn had no idea what was going on. It makes Stark's victory all the sweeter.

Hopefully in the coming issues we'll see some more adventures of the girl pals -- Potts, Hill, and Romanov.
    Seriously though. I would read a comic about Iron Potts.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Regarding Sentry...
    He just shows up right after Ares cuts Man-Thing in two and implies he's been busy. So no, we don't know how he keeps getting better after dying.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Karla has no infatuation with Hawkeye/Bullseye any more than she did with new Cpt. Marvel, her MO is using her sexuality in order to build assets within the group.

Cpt. Marvel? Fairly powerful, a good asset to have if everything in Osborn's new world order imploded. Hawkeye? Turning out to be fairly formidable. Not to mean that he'll go all lovey-dovey and try and protect her when the shit hits the fan, he'd probably just save her for last.

I'd actually like to start a pool to bet on who she tries to sleep with after she's done her thang with Hawkeye. My money would be either on Ares, or maybe try to squirm in-between Sentry and his wife.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I thought Molecule Man was Mordo.

And I care about Karla about as much as I do Carol. (Why do they have such similar names?)

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    They're sisters.

Spoileeeeeer!

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Because we're not so different, you and I.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Im loving manically depressed Venom. But they are taking some liberties, I would've thought the symbiote could easily deal with nanites and medication.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, I really don't want to like DA, since it's essentially New Thunderbolts, but it's too good a book for me to maintain my prejudice against the characters.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Streets of Gotham this week just reminded me how much I miss Birds of Prey and the full Manhunter series. Anyone have a scan of the last page of the Manhunter backup, with the newspaper?

Zaylenz on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Man, I really don't want to like DA, since it's essentially New Thunderbolts, but it's too good a book for me to maintain my prejudice against the characters.

I'm glad you've finally overcome your prejudice against Osborn-Americans!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nah, I still think it's mostly a team of shitbags, but they get into the most entertaining scuffles and I don't mind seeing them get beat up. Plus, I like Sentry, Marvel Boy, and Ares.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Nah, I still think it's mostly a team of shitbags, but they get into the most entertaining scuffles and I don't mind seeing them get beat up. Plus, I like Sentry, Marvel Boy, and Ares.

The thing with them is that they all enjoy getting beaten up. They enjoy it and you kinda laugh at it when they get beaten and then just smile and come back for more until they're completely done and they'e all playing each other and in conflict which is a lot more interesting than general secret identity bull and lame turmoil that the heroes go through. Its why I want Dark Reign to stick around.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Marvel Boy needs to do something besides.. whatever he's doing. Get back to turning the world into a Kree paradise damnit! And where's Oubliette the Exterminatrix?

valiance on