As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HDD/SATA problems

KamiKami Registered User regular
So, i have a situation: Recently my SATA adapters crapped out on my mobo, so i purchased a new SATA card/RAID Controller. The system boots fine, but after it passes the BIOS screen, it restarts. Ive checked BIOS, the connections, etc, but it still wont fully boot to desktop. The RAID configuration sees my hdd fine, too. Is this a hdd failure? RAID error? Also, is this something a new hdd would fix? Im hoping this isnt an outright mobo death, but it may be the case...

Kami on

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    what exactly is happening?

My guess is that becasue you bought a new raid controller, windows doesn't know how to boot.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Is your Windows drive on this SATA controller? If so, make sure that you set it to IDE mode, or reinstall it and install the drivers for the controller in the Windows installer.

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2