As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unironically looking for critique/help with a comic (Concept updates on pg. 2)

2»

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Not usually, except maybe adjusting levels.

Fugitive on
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Just say it was intentional and roll with it :)

like I said, Allan Moore did that kind of thing, and its partly why he's so famous- deconstructing characters and whatnot.

edit: also, my first thought was Cuthulu type minion, but that last panel screams zoidberg

This.
    By the end of the strip I was reading it in a yiddish accent.
    But overall, I dig the work. It's cool.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I think the sharp contrast is working pretty good actually
    definitely thought more cthulhu than zoidberg though but really i didn't think of either because i knew it was neither?
    I like it.

RubberAC on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Crap I got so distracted with the crits I almost forgot.

Squidbunny, Earthworm, Tynic, RubberAC, and Analrapist: Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad you could at least get some enjoyability out of these.

I decided to do some inked drawings today and start working out another character design. I have no idea if these look stiff or not, I don't really trust my own eyes any more, so feedback is appreciated. Again these seem to have aliasing issues on these as well, but I have no idea how to fix it.

Chup.png

And Roy, mixing in some heavy Andy Helms influences for the sake of trying to get a handle on inking. I get the feeling the blacks make him read poorly.
    RoyMkII.png

Fugitive on