As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo 3 ODST - FyreWulff: Bad at games? Discuss

1565758596062»

• Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well with 2 engineers they feed off each other, which really sucks

I just always thought a Needler explosion killed an engineer no matter what.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Needler explosions and plasma pistols kill one engineer no matter what, with two they just build up their shields after taking the needler damage unless you hit them at the same time

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Only way to kill dual engineers is to overshot them with the PP

actually that insta kills them no matter what

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It takes me two overcharged shots to down an engineer once mythic comes on

just sayin

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »

Or assassinate them.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Or assassinate them.

This goes back to the whole "real men punch phantoms".

Because that's what real men do.

If anyone's interested in matchmaking say so on here because I don't feel like venturing into slayer unless it's with people who aren't 14. Jesus did they let schools out for a long weekend or something?

T4CT on
  • Options
    JawaJawa Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bursar wrote: »
    Last night, myself, Jawa, and Gish played a couple rounds of Firefight in Chasm 10.

We ran into a wall consisting of a single hunter being followed by two (TWO!) engineers, each of which was healing the other and the hunter. The only weapons we could find on the ground were Plasma Rifles and Needlers. Things did not end well.

Yeah that was pretty terrible, not to mention that a second hunter was closely following along with hordes of jackals.

Jawa on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    New Vidoc up. Here's the marketplace link if you don't want to wait for the Intel at the bottom of ODST's menu to update.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0bbf0049-0000-4000-8000-00004d530877?cid=SLink

edit: oh yeah, it has spoilers

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    DogEightDogEight Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    xzzy wrote: »
    Looks like bungie.net choked on uploading his 5 million point game (can't view it) but he has several 1 million point games on the same map, heatmap shows he just camped out near the right turret the whole time. I can't imagine how he survived drone spawns all by himself.

Chasm Ten is my favorite map and I always favor the right side. You're right there to pick up the lower right door wave, the left side wave takes forever to reach you, the turret is there for drones, you have the middle ledge to drop down to when the upper level gets hairy, and there's a convenient door down below to hightail it to the rockets/take cover.

I'm willing to bet the level hopping (especially that open middle ledge) seriously screws up the Hammer and Hunters when they don't have another target to go for.

DogEight on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh hay guys. Gonna announce this earlier this year so maybe we'll get more participants.

TBK 5TH ANNIVERSARY OF EXISTENCE CELEBRATION CONTEST

On November 9th, the Penny Arcade Forum Halo Clan will have existed as a continous group for five years.

FIVE. YEARS.

So, I'm going to do the same contest as last year. Well, mostly the same, I'm cutting it down to just screenshots this time since nobody really submitted clips last time.

How it will work.

On November 8th, I will post up a special map for the contest. This map will be on Sandbox, so you're gonna need the Mythic Map Pack from the marketplace or your Halo 3: Mythic disc to play the map.

Starting on November 9th, and running until the 23rd, I will accept screenshots. The screenshots must be from this map. What I'm generally looking for is 'awesome'. Funny body poses, cool vehicle action shots, you name it.. just something awesome.

The map will be 'crazy'. Do not expect srs biznes. Last year's map had a minefield of boxes, hammers, banshees, and rocket launchers.

How You Will Submit Your Screenshot

1. Play on the Map + Gametype (which will be linked when the map goes up). Minimum of four people must be in the game.

2. Take pictures using the Theater.

3. Upload your submissions to your fileshare.

4. Go to Bungie.net, go to your fileshare, and email the link to the file's page to mkidder@gmail.com with the subject "TBK FIFTH YEAR CONTEST" and include your gamertag.

5. You can submit up to two screenshots.

The Prize
    The winner will be awarded 1600 MICROSOFT SPACE DOLLARS for their efforts.

Here's a sneak peek of the map.. the 'Banshee Tower'. To get an idea of how tall that thing is, that's me standing on the bottom.
    5thyearpreview_1.jpg

FINE PRINT, READ IT
    I reserve the right to not award prizes. Microsoft Points will come to you sometime after the contest ends, but before 2010. I reserve the right to switch out prizes with one of equal or lesser value. Enter as long as you have a way to redeem United States prepaid codes. If for some reason I cannot give you a prize due to location/legal issues, I will make a 20$ donation in your name to the Brian Morden Foundation. Multiple accounts = banned from contest

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

actually that insta kills them no matter what

I've seen cases where a second engineer has saved an overshot engineer, without mythic being on. The second overshot always seems to get them though.

Failing that, people can push engineers away from each other with turrets or SMG fire.. just get people to focus fire on one and you can push it all the way across the map.

Or assassinate one. Assassination is the answer to everything. Except hunters. I keep trying to assassinate hunters, and get my world rocked.

xzzy on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    looking forward to the contest, hopefully i will take a break from broderlanding to make a map

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Double EXP Team Flag is up, by the way.

Working on new thread atm, so hang on

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I picked up the ODST soundtrack; man it's so good.

Also I think I'm gonna want to Halo it up later tonight some. I've been playing the living hell out of Fallout 3 and I need a break. I got my wireless headset that I want to test too.

I still could use Windward, Crater, and Security Zone 200k achievements plus Endure. I'm not a massive fan of CTF but if a bunch of folks from here are doing teams I'll join.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    TEAM FLAG

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'll be up for Team Flag in half an hour or so, if people are still around.

T4CT on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    get on now.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    joshgotro wrote: »
    get on now.

My girlfriend and I just wrapped up dinner and are driving home now. This half an hour is going to ensure that I go to bed a happy man later on tonight. :winky:

Team Flag will wait.

T4CT on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Team Flag?

TEAM FLAG!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    TEAM FLAG!

joshgotro on
This discussion has been closed.