As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hates, Hopes, Happies, Hard Modes, and Harpies

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    damn, nice dude

Langly on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    it was literally our last attempt, 2 mins left on the clock!

we had a 2% wipe at around the 30 min mark due to cockdickery with a badly timed starsplosion

what makes this really awesome is that my ex responded with this rather bitter gem:

'grats on being 2-3 months behind other servers!'

photo-3.png

Beasteh on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I totally dig Algalon as a test of srsbsns guilds. The more Blizzard finds nifty ways of doing stuff like that, the easier they can afford to make normal modes of raids.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    TheTishTheTish Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Beasteh wrote: »
    it was literally our last attempt, 2 mins left on the clock!

we had a 2% wipe at around the 30 min mark due to cockdickery with a badly timed starsplosion

what makes this really awesome is that my ex responded with this rather bitter gem:

'grats on being 2-3 months behind other servers!'

photo-3.png

heh... That is pretty much the same thing that happened to us on our first kill too. Was our last attempt, and it was so close on the expiration of the timer that we initially thought we had missed it. I swear... I hate these fights in Ulduar which you beat when the boss gets to around 2% and then cries uncle.

TheTish on
    sig-1117080.jpg
    -- Gnome mage enchantress and inscriptionologist... er scribbler --
    sig-1497520.jpg
    sig-1497534.jpg
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    TheTish wrote: »
    Oh, and lets not forget about conjuring water for an entire 40 man raid... at 4 waters per cast of the max rank.

uhgg...

We had a guy start making water for an hour before the MC raid started one time, so he could quite smugly give it out to people.

He dc'd 5 mins before the raid started, and when he came back ("a character with that name already exists"), all the water he made was gone. I think he cried.

Ahahaha oh man, that poor, poor guy.

Arrath on
  • Options
    SerpicoSerpico Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sad: Guild redid Ulduar hardmodes tonight while I couldn't come, to get people drakes. We're not redoing some of the more pain in the ass ones (Firefighter/3Knock/One Light) anymore now, so since I lack 3xKnock still I'll not get my 310% mount.

Serpico on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Not sure if it is a hate, hope or happy: I think I am done with WoW. I load it up and just quit because I realize there isn't anything I want to do. I will see if I still enjoy raiding next week when I step in to help a friends 10 man but I think I am actually done playing WoW. I feel like I did about DAoC just before I closed my account there. It had a good run, but I don't think I will even make it to Icecrown citadel at this pace.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hate: Hey MS, ship my copy of Windows 7 already.

Same thing for me. I supposedly got in on that $30 offer to students a while back, and I'm waiting for my email confirmation. The thing I really hate is a friend of mine, who signed up after I did, got his today.

WoW hate: Nothing really, I just haven't played in a couple of days. Which is a happy, I guess.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy: Tribute to Insanity

Hate: On my damn alt

Happy: Nobody needed trophies so I got to loot whore all 4.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    KeamienKeamien Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy: After reviving my guild on a new server, I have managed to get about 15 people raid ready enough to clear 10man ToC, still no luck finding enough for 25.

Hate: After about 40 attempts so far in the last 3 weeks on Heroic Beasts, our best (And final for the week) attempt on beasts resulted in a wipe to an enraged Icehowl at 30%, after our best two DPS pulled aggro and died, at separate times in the attempt.

Hope: One more clear of 10man ToC puts our group over the edge and we can finally start smashing faces.

Keamien on
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy: woo xt hard mode finally guild ffff

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    NerdyHeritageNerdyHeritage Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Long time Troll here, but I finally have a happy of note.

Happy: Pugged my first ToC25 last night and downed Twins. Death's Choice dropped. Happy Enha shaman.

Curious: Someone offered me 3kg and a trophy for it. In what world would anyone make that deal?

Future Happy: Got approached today about possibly forming a 25m raiding alliance so the guild. Would LOVE to get out of farming the 10 man raids.

NerdyHeritage on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS: 0775 9129 1567 Black: 3267 4422 1986
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Curious: Someone offered me 3kg and a trophy for it. In what world would anyone make that deal?

It's a good trinket. That's why.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    NerdyHeritageNerdyHeritage Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    End wrote: »

It's a good trinket. That's why.

What I meant to say - who in their right mind, won the trinket, and sincerely wanted it, would take that deal?

NerdyHeritage on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS: 0775 9129 1567 Black: 3267 4422 1986
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh. Well, that.

I have no idea.

3k gold + a trophy isn't nearly enough.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If they didn't have epic flying yet it could be pretty tempting.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hate: Hmm, OK as a follow up to earlier; Tribute to Insanity to my tank, we fail again this week on my main due to someone screwing up kiting. Really? You get a BoP then just never kite it into the ice, you just stand there. /facepalm.... Previous weeks we've wiped to the disconnect boss and the "how in the world does this person have successful arena teams yet manage to have no situational awareness on the PvP encounter get the hell away from the guy with the 2H" boss. I will never get my nerd points.

Happy: Had enough badges for 4 piece 245 stuff on my Pally. Not far off from the ring now.

Confused: How to arrange gear so I don't have a billion expertise.

Followed by silly happy: We ran a ToC regular (I ran the same stupid raid 4x tonight) afterward they had started yesterday while waiting for our MT to get home from work, a few people missing so they were like "Hey, dual box your Shaman for Hero." Well sure I'll take my poorly geared Shaman and get 12 free badges, a belt and a Helm. Also, Faction Champions is super fun when you have Cyclone, Roots, Cleansing Totem, Hex, Thunderstorm, oh the mage silenced my druid? Huh, tab out heal.....

Another happy: Helm on my Rogue and Toothpick on my Hunter; 6/7 the Hallowed. Just need a toothpick on my DK. (Still need to do the traveling junk on my Rogue, but the RNG is done)

Super happy: Horseman's Reins, yay!

Hope: Four more drop before the end of the event.

Looking forward to: Random achievement night in Uld 10 on Sat; working on all the random junk like Lumberjacked and they're coming out of the walls.

8990 and counting, over 9000 will be mine.

Ishtaar on
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I believe "To the looter go the spoils" is pretty easy to get if you're looking for achievement points.

khain on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hate: Finally had the Spellscribe pop but no cat. Damn them.

shadowane on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Amusing: Guild GM is one book away from the "well read" achievement, and the book happens to be in karazhan. The only problem was he got R&J for the encounter, and as a bear didn't have the interrupts needed to prevent her from healing them both back to full.

So I go on my mage and another guildie brings a warlock and we just plow through the instance to the library (side note: I'm sad they nerfed the gold drop rate on the hallway after opera). Get him his book, then clear everything else.

Nobody on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Super happy: Horseman's Reins, yay!

Die in a car fire.

Do you even need anymore mounts, Ish?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    OMG ONY MOUNT! Raven, White Chocobo, ZG Tiger.... I *hate* raptors so whoever I run with can have it...

To the looter go the spoils item doesn't exist.

Ishtaar on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    turtleant wrote: »

People who don't have epic flying by now baffle me.

Do the daily heroic. Vendor some greys. ... epic flying. Just getting 50 triumph badges for a piece of gear should put you nearly 1/3 of the way there or better.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've done it on 3 characters, and honestly getting my forth to have it is much lower priority than leveling my main's enchanting.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I've done it on 3 characters, and honestly getting my forth to have it is much lower priority than leveling my main's enchanting.

I've done it on 9, and have cash for the 10th, if I felt so inclined, though that'll probably wait as I buy northrend flying and dual specs for alts as they're called to active duty.

Though most of my professions are still between 375 and 425.

Crazy: one day, probably sometime next year, I'm going to do the daily heroic 10 times in a row. It will be glorious.

Forar on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »

People who don't have epic flying by now baffle me.

Do the daily heroic. Vendor some greys. ... epic flying. Just getting 50 triumph badges for a piece of gear should put you nearly 1/3 of the way there or better.

Heh, last night we had a guy who complains all the time about being broke say "hey, does anyone else want to go to this 10 man? I don't need anything."

Um, you don't need like 500g? Because that's how much an orb sells for on the AH, you're getting 15 badges and hey.... They cost 15 badges.

Ishtaar on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2009
    End wrote: »
    3k gold + a trophy isn't nearly enough.

I did a puc ToC25 and won a trophy.

I was offered 500g for it.

Yeah... no.

Echo on
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Super happy - Ony 10 achivements for speed kill and no one dying in deep breaths. Might not be much to people doing hard modes, but for our little guild of fail it was awesome to acomplish.

Hope - The hunter that hinted we've invited to our last 2 onys and did heroics with a few times decides he wants to join up, he's pretty good fun.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    MaverikVMaverikV Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hate: The things I need refuse to drop. I've had blood fury in my rogue's offhand for like a month and have been dying for a matching main hand axe. I do 10 and 25 EVERY DAMN WEEK and neither axe has dropped yet. We get the same damn crap every week. Same thign with Ony. I lust after the ARP on that rogue hat and she drops 2 DK helms. Our DK's dont even WANT THEM

Happy: Motorcycle. Vroom!

MaverikV on
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    On my rogue I saw the Headless horseman's mount drop for the first time and I rolled a 4 o well
    I got the pet instead! one of the three items I was really after

Brainleech on
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy: 10 Man Heroic Anub finally down (events in recent weeks have prevented us from doing the fight at all). 2 attempts, first one a 2% wipe. Last time we were working on it (2-3 weeks ago?) we maybe got to 10% before healers were down and adds finished us off.

We finally got to Phase 3 before his second submerge...wow what a difference that makes. Takes the fight from "Oh I hate this" to "Hey, that was fun."

Had 48 attempts remaining. Nice knowing that we can do Normal and Heroic ToC in one night now, and that Insanity is not far off.

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ishtaar wrote: »

Confused: How to arrange gear so I don't have a billion expertise.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue. Went from 8 to 14% hit and from 6.5 to 12% expertise.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Haaaaaate 10man Heroic Faction Champs - We've been stuck on these guys for a couple of weeks now. Unfortunately our usual 10 man group makeup doesn't have the best setup for controlling these guys early in the fight, but god damn it can be so fucking random.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OMG: Leveling with a mix of AV and questing is the fucking tits. 10 minutes of questing, 10 minutes of av on a perfect rotation is glorius.

Happy: Through glorius AHing skills I ended up with enough to get my rogue the epic flying in less than a week.

Happier: Should have the rogue to 80 the week after next and have vacation that doesn't match up... so 8 hours of badge grinding for 5 days! Bleh.

Can anyone recommend a couple rep starter daggers that are pretty decent? LPC for OH and ??? for MH. I don't mind a relatively cheap ah dealy either.

Thomase1984 on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My brother is seting up his for comming Cataclysm rogue with the BoA daggers with +15 agility and the shoulders/ chest crap

It depends on what you are doing as at level 10 you can get a neat one and if you are a blood elf or doing the ghostlands quests you can get another green useful one

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I wonder if Blizzard will make the Heirloom items only work until level 80 (at least initially), release new Heirloom items (better ones, or just active up to 85) or just adjust levelling for Cataclysm to account for them, given that by the time it comes out, everyone should be able to have the chest and shoulders for sexy, sexy levelling improvements.

Forar on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    They have mentioned not making them work above level 80. I believe they have a level restriction on them already.

Honestly I hope they don't work above 80 at least in the beginning. If they do, all it means is they will adjust the exp to be what they want with the 20% bonus and you'll have to wear them instead of something nice.

shadowane on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    shadowane wrote: »
    They have mentioned not making them work above level 80. I believe they have a level restriction on them already.

Honestly I hope they don't work above 80 at least in the beginning. If they do, all it means is they will adjust the exp to be what they want with the 20% bonus and you'll have to wear them instead of something nice.

Pretty sure they already said the existing items are designed to not scale above level 80 stat-wise not sure about the xp bonus though.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    They said they won't make the exp gains work above level 80 as they don't want people to feel obligated to wear heirloom gear.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    On the flipside, they also said at Blizzcon that they realize most of the gameplay focus is on endgame stuff rather than leveling, so I can only assume that the 80-85 push will be quick enough to not matter a whole lot. (There's a handful of us that plan on trying to do it in one sitting because we're crackheads like that)

Then again, if the army of alts isn't an indicator, I actually love the questing/leveling process too. <shrug>

Ishtaar on
This discussion has been closed.