As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deadpool

13»

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Since i get to use it so rarely, only other time was in the Wii thread....

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9766/ps32ja.gif

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Cable has his moments but they might as well fill all his speech bubbles with

"Grave reminder of the future. Technobabble, technobabble. Technobabble. Ominous sentence about current events. Bodyslide by two!"

I mean, I wouldn't notice a difference

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Don't forget to intersperse it with the occasional "Sly comment that makes you think he could be telling the truth for a moment" too.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I really miss the old Deadpool book, hell, even Agent X. I wish he were a popular enough character to have his own damn book for more than a year.

God, just the whole "keeping a blind woman locked in an attic full of horrible deadly traps" thing from the first run I read was so damn awesome. I mean, I've never seen a more disturbing comic approved by the CCA.

Plus, at least one goddamn comic since Howard the Duck should make some effort to be funny. Sometimes. I get so tired of them deciding "adult" equals "humorless".

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Astonishing X-Men is really funny thanks to some really sharp writing

Otherwise, it would be nice to see a couple more comedy-oriented comics...

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man, I loved Agent X, the whole Gail Simone run on Deadpool was what got me into the character in the first place. Does anyone know why exactly she left the book? Supposedly there was some bad blood between her and the editor, but I never been able to figure out why.

I really hope we see some older TPB's of Deadpool.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Feadpool? That doesn't work.

durandal4532, don't forget about Nextwave. Marvel isn't always totally humorless.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    Manifest wrote:
    Yeah.

Everything good about Deadpool was done by other people.

The point remains, he's a Leifeld creation.
    Spider-Man will always be funnier than Deadpool.

But Spiderman will never shoot Hercules in the face fifty times.

Amen.

JCM on
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Hey, I like Cable. He had his good moments in his solo series. Seriouslly wish X-Man would return though. I mean, even in Exiles. He was probably the only cool thing to come out of the AoA story.

You scoff at Sugarman? or Holocaust? Surely you jest.

Blink was/is pretty cool though.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Nate Grey was the coolest product of AoA imho. I enjoyed his series up to the point they turned him into a dimension jumping shaman... or something. Basically he was too powerful and no writer could figure out a way (apparently) of powering him down or coming up with ways he could remain in the 616 without destroying evertying/taking over/something bad/etc.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I would kill for a TP of Deadpool pre-Cable

Green on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm shocked they haven't put out an essential Deadpool or reprinted at the very least The Circle Chase and that other TPB he had

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    While they're at it, they must give me my Agent X trade.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    I thought the first two D&C collections I had were pretty good. I thought Deadpool and Sinister was a better match than Deadpool and Cable, even.

Wasn't a fan of how everyone seemed to be able to blow up Deadpool and it was pretty cool with him, or the fact that "mutant healing regeneration" is pretty fucking retarded at this point.

I do think his Civil War appearances were seriously some of the better writing in that entire arc. Say what you will, but his argument with Cable in the President's office had fucking heart.

I think I like the way the last few issues ended
    after he fought Taskmaster and still couldn't get hired. I think a more leveled out Deadpool doing the hero thing but kicking other "heroic" ass would be pretty neat

siliconenhanced on