As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On] Soviet Phalla - Game Over: Capitalist Victory

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    This was what I was referring to when I argued that bigger is better:
    Troy wrote: »
    I would like to suggest an idea. Create a smaller body by limiting our votes to perhaps Three to Four people. The smaller the government the less likely it is to be corupted and from their it will have the oppourtunity to establish a working network that will exist outside of the public network of elected officials.

If Troy is correct, and the places don't get dished out anyway, it is possible to reduce its size.

Good luck convincing the 10 or so people that have voted for themselves (and are their only vote) to vote for someone else.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    I'm gonna vote for Precisionk, just because I think it'd be hilarious to have him on the Politburo with the serious players.

It's cool. We could probably feed him to the dogs so there happens to be less circus music playing in the background during the meetings and more serious business occuring. Plus it means less communication to reach a majority vote.

I am more serious than precisionk, but I can work with people like him. Vote for me!

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ArrBeeBee wrote: »
    If there are not enough candidates to fill the politburo on election day, the remaining slots will be filled randomly.

It's in the rules post, guys.

Serpent on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I would like to suggest an idea. Create a smaller body by limiting our votes to perhaps Three to Four people. The smaller the government the less likely it is to be corupted and from their it will have the oppourtunity to establish a working network that will exist outside of the public network of elected officials.

If Troy is correct, and the places don't get dished out anyway, it is possible to reduce its size.

Good luck convincing the 10 or so people that have voted for themselves (and are their only vote) to vote for someone else.

It says in the rules that if fewer than 8 people receive votes, the remaining spots are filled randomly.

edit: beat'd

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

ArrBeeBee wrote:
    If there are not enough candidates to fill the politburo on election day, the remaining slots will be filled randomly.

The Politburo is always 7 members, or at least it will be until there are less than 8 people left.

Last Son on
    edited March 2007
    Only capitalists read rulebooks! In Soviet Russia, rule books you!

Spawnbroker on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My resume:
    • Elected to leader in G&T Phalla, successfully destroyed the bad guys with precisionk
    • Always, 100% good guy. I think my streak is up to 10 or so.
    • I hate capitalism.
    • If I am not elected, I will have very little to do.
    • Capitalism sucks.

For the motherland.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Only capitalists read rulebooks! In Soviet Russia, rule books you!

book em!

Serpent on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    I'm gonna vote for Precisionk, just because I think it'd be hilarious to have him on the Politburo with the serious players.

It's cool. We could probably feed him to the dogs so there happens to be less circus music playing in the background during the meetings and more serious business occuring. Plus it means less communication to reach a majority vote.

I am more serious than precisionk, but I can work with people like him. Vote for me!

I am the ideal candidate to lead the communist nation. Most people are weak minded and have a little weakness called pride. I have none of these traits. Thus why, i am the best logical solution to oust the political freedom fighters.

precisionk on
  • TechnicalityTechnicality Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fair enough. I guess I should have checked the rules and said it was an impossible idea, rather than just pointing out it was a bad one.

Technicality on
    handt.jpg tor.jpg

edited March 2007
    Ahahahah, precisionk, are you actually boasting that you are humble?

(also, vote for me.)

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    precisionk wrote: »

I am the ideal candidate to lead the communist nation. Most people are weak minded and have a little weakness called pride. I have none of these traits. Thus why, i am the best logical solution to oust the political freedom fighters.

I think we should call it the Darth Vatican party. Platform: Galactic Dominion, conversion / destruction of the Jedi, bunnies, butterflies, and pancakes.

Spawnbroker on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Don't forget that I am also one of the few candidates with experience in an elected office! Vote for me!

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited March 2007
    Don't forget that I am also one of the few candidates with experience in an elected office! Vote for me!

I would say that precisionk and I have more experience than you, what with our reign of six full days.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If we can learn anything from the G&T Phalla, it is that thorgot and precisionk are masters of deception and cannot be trusted.
    I agree that we should fill the politburo with active members. We will get the most out of it AND it will allow us to more actively scrutinize their actions, hopefully indicating whether or not they should be voted for rebelism or not.
    I am very active! By Ardor's own infallible logic, I am the ideal candidate for the General Secretary. Vote for me!

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited March 2007

I would say that precisionk and I have more experience than you, what with our reign of six full days.

I held office for at least four. In any case, there are eight spots and only three of us, so I don't see a problem.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited March 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    If we can learn anything from the G&T Phalla, it is that thorgot and precisionk are masters of deception and cannot be trusted.
    I agree that we should fill the politburo with active members. We will get the most out of it AND it will allow us to more actively scrutinize their actions, hopefully indicating whether or not they should be voted for rebelism or not.
    I am very active! By Ardor's own infallible logic, I am the ideal candidate for the General Secretary. Vote for me!

I take that as a compliment. Just because we mind fucked all of G&T Phalla, doesn't mean we can't be trusted.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007

On the other hand, I was #3 in posts in Hades and I'm #6 in The Mole, #5 if you discount the narrator.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited March 2007
    precisionk wrote: »

I take that as a compliment. Just because we mind fucked all of G&T Phalla, doesn't mean we can't be trusted.
    Or it means that you could be tricky capitalists bent on destroying the glorious Party, and you will use your trickery to do it!

Actually I want you guys on the politburo because you're fun, but I still want to be General Secretary.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited March 2007

On the other hand, I was #3 in posts in Hades and I'm #6 in The Mole, #5 if you discount the narrator.
    I have the first non-narration/rules post in this thread, ho. I am a first among equals, in addition to being awesome.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited March 2007

Except I am a loyal member of the Communist Party, so of course I can be trusted. It is the stupid and evil capitalists who must watch out for my wit.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My resume:
    • Elected to leader in G&T Phalla, successfully destroyed the bad guys with precisionk even though there were two competing families instead of bad guys versus innocent people.
    • Always, 100% good guy*. I think my streak is up to 10 or so.**
    • I hate babies.
    • If I am not elected, I will have very little to do other than to kill two people a night.***
    • Communism sucks.

*My parents think I'm cool.
    **I think I'm cool.
    ***Rebels are awesome and just in these times.

Rebels > motherland

I decided to edit your resume for clarity.

Your resume seems to be tailored to the wrong position, you might consider finding one of the rebels and working with them. The headhunters and executioner would like a business card though.

Ardor on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Do we need a vote count?
    Nominations for General Secretary and Politburo

Ardor - 8 votes
    * Bliss 101, ElJeffe, frandelgearslip, Plutonium, Shamus, tofu, Troy, tuxkamen

Lady Eri - 6 votes
    * Hakkekage, Lady Eri, Lord Cecil Eaglelaser, MrBlarney, Rygar, Serpent

DevoutlyApathetic - 4 votes
    * Ardor, DevoutlyApathetic, Grundlterror, Last Son

DarkPrimus - 2 votes
    * cj iwakura, DarkPrimus

Gnasty - 2 votes
    * Gnasty, telcus

Infidel - 2 votes
    * Infidel, Smasher

precisionk - 2 votes
    * precisionk, Spawnbroker

<3 - 1 vote (EvilBadman)
    Buzz Buzz - 1 vote (Frosteey)
    Digger Dude - 1 vote (Digger Dude)
    Elbonian Man - 1 vote (Elbonian Man)
    Elendil - 1 vote (Elendil)
    Frosteey - 1 vote (Utsanomiko)
    FunkyWaltDogg - 1 vote (FunkyWaltDogg)
    Locus - 1 vote (Locus)
    Rygar - 1 vote (Technicality)
    thorgot - 1 vote (thorgot)

13 players remaining to vote.

As standings are right now, Ardor would become General Secretary, while the inner Politburo members would be Lady Eri, DevoutlyApathetic, DarkPrimus, Gnasty, Infidel, precisionk, and Digger Dude (for post count).

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited March 2007
    My resume:
    • Elected to leader in G&T Phalla, successfully destroyed the bad guys with precisionk even though there were two competing families instead of bad guys versus innocent people.
    • I hate babies.
    • If I am not elected, I will have very little to do other than to kill two people a night.***
    • Communism sucks.

**I think I'm cool.

Rebels > motherland

Your resume seems to be tailored to the wrong position, you might consider finding one of the rebels and working with them. The headhunters and executioner would like a business card though.

You are a mean person, Ardor.

If people don't start voting for me, I may start scheming, and vote for precisionk instead.

also its not just my parents my aunt says im cool too

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Why is DA in 3rd. He only has one post in this entire thread. He obviously is not willing to put in the work that the General Secretary requires, and his apathy will be our ruin.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Vote for me!

You know what the odds of my attempting to kill each and every one of you twice in a row are? Like a billion to one.

Elendil on
    edited March 2007
    I also think the rebels would not like it if we decided to have parties and cookies since the general population is in decline. Perhaps offering more delectable treats shall lure our their rage and we can stomp them. All while enjoy said treats.

I just realized I fulfill this requirement too. I throw communist parties ALL THE TIME. You guys, this is TWO endorsements from Ardor. I don't know what else you could possibly need.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited March 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    Vote for me!

You know what the odds of my attempting to kill each and every one of you twice in a row are? Like a billion to one.

Oh no you don't. You and everybody else knows the odds are much better than that.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think everyone here would like to be on this council thingy, I know I do. But I don't got much to show off besides being active in the mole (was a mole :P), and being active in Hades (was dead).

Since FWD has had my back a bunch of times I'm just going to help him and vote for him. I !vote for FunkyWalttDogg.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think it's a given that Ardor will make it, so I'll switch my vote to another suitable candidate.

I !retract my vote for Ardor
    I !vote for ElJeffe

And yeah I know what happened with ElJeffe the last time he was elected for council in a Phalla. But it can't happen a second time, can it? Never mind the gambler's fallacy; in Soviet Phallia, fallacy gambles you.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My resume:
    • I hate babies.
    • Communism sucks.

**I think I'm cool.

Rebels > motherland

If people don't start voting for me, I may start scheming, and vote for precisionk instead.

I have run under the assumption that being mean but efficient is much better for our council than those that would idly spend their time smiling for the photo ops.

However, I'd like to think I'm fair.

Thorgot is an active player with a good head on his shoulders. If we need people to be elected to any of the available positions, we would be foolish to not have him be one of them.

Ardor on
    edited March 2007
    If I am in the Politiburo, I would be the only rational mind in there. I would get the job done. As your leader, I can guarantee victory for the communist party.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007
    My resume:
    • I hate babies.
    • Communism sucks.

**I think I'm cool.

Rebels > motherland

I have run under the assumption that being mean but efficient is much better for our council than those that would idly spend their time smiling for the photo ops.

Thorgot is an active player with a good head on his shoulders. If we need people to be elected to any of the available positions, we would be foolish to not have him be one of them.

If by good head, you mean being totally bamboozled by aroduc in castle phalla.....

Serpent on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My resume:
    • I hate babies.
    • Communism sucks.
    **I think I'm cool.

Rebels > motherland

Can I be one too?!?! :P

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited March 2007
    Precisionk has both the pope and an evil sith lord as his avatar. Trustworthy figures? I think not! A bunny, on the other hand, can only do one thing, and that is love the communist party with all of its cute little bunny heart.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Why is DA in 3rd. He only has one post in this entire thread. He obviously is not willing to put in the work that the General Secretary requires, and his apathy will be our ruin.

Maybe he bought himself some friends...

With American dollars. D:

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
    edited March 2007
    Serpent wrote: »
    If by good head, you mean being totally bamboozled by aroduc in castle phalla.....

If by totally bamboozled you mean revealed his name to the public before the day was over...

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Hey Ardor, shouldn't you endorse me as well since I was the first to come up with the "out the Oracle" plan in The Phalliad?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    More informed this afternoon, I:

!Retract Vote for <3
    !Vote Lady Eri

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I !Vote for Lady Eri

Ardor has a suspicious amount of early support, rich history or no.

Scosglen on