As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm still addicted to the DS

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    YaYa wrote: »
    lostwords wrote: »
    Guys Nostalgia comes out next week. Airships! It is ridiculous how excited I am for that game. Between that and dragon age, I'm tempted to take a few days off work just to play vidjagames

what is this I don't know what it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_MWdVEKxlk

Owenashi on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    neat I guess

how JRPG is the battle system on a scale of FF3 to Baldur's Gate

YaYa on
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That setting looks great

Meissnerd on
  • PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    YaYa wrote: »
    neat I guess

how JRPG is the battle system on a scale of FF3 to Baldur's Gate

It's supposed to draw an assload of inspiration from Skies of Arcadia. So make your assumptions from there.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • honey nut cheerioshoney nut cheerios __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Guys I have been playing Disgaea DS a little and was wondering if there are any other good SRPGs on this thinger?

Also how is Kirby on this? Is it kirby enough?

honey nut cheerios on
    Uriel3.jpg
    edited October 2009
    There's Luminous Arc which can only be summed up as 'completely generic' as an sRPG.

There's Hoshigami which is a blight upon mankind

There's FFTA2, which can be summed up as 'FFTA but better'.

There's FE:Shadow Dragon which can be summed up as 'FE without the 15 years of improvements to the formula'.

There's Rondo of Swords which can be summed up as 'For the love of God, QA this game', because it would be awesome if someone had actually sat through the game and removed all the interface issues.

There's Knights in the Nightmare, which can be summed up as juggling balls upside down while blindfolded. Awesome game, you should check it out.

There's the Super Robot Wars games, which can be summed up as 'Robots + Explosions + Awesome Music'

There's a Front Mission port, which can be summed up as... a Front Mission port.

And there's the GBA offerings.

I think I hit most of the high notes.

Pureauthor on
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I'm working the midnight shift at work now which leaves me with a lot of time to kill.

Scribblenauts is doing so-so as a time waster, and if I could find my copy of Kirby: Canvas Curse I'd go through that again. What else is a good time waster? I was intrigued about Professor Layton but the OP said the original is only 8 hours, which means two shifts and I'd probably be done with it. Is the second any longer or more replayable?

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I work overnights too. Lock's Quest and (believe it or not) Yu-Gi-Oh are huge time wasters. Did Pokemon Diamond too but that reached a point where it was just grinding.

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    JC of DI wrote: »
    So I'm working the midnight shift at work now which leaves me with a lot of time to kill.

Scribblenauts is doing so-so as a time waster, and if I could find my copy of Kirby: Canvas Curse I'd go through that again. What else is a good time waster? I was intrigued about Professor Layton but the OP said the original is only 8 hours, which means two shifts and I'd probably be done with it. Is the second any longer or more replayable?

Maybe a bit longer, same replayability.

FFTA2 is probably a good timewaster, I've sunk over 100 hours into that and I haven't completed all the quests yet.

Ivar on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    so i went to target with my mommy the other day and i went to look at ds's

ds lites are only $130, and on top of that, they just released a new fire emblem game

i'mma quick smokin' weed for two weeks and buy that shit

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    so i went to target with my mommy the other day and i went to look at ds's

ds lites are only $130, and on top of that, they just released a new fire emblem game

i'mma quick smokin' weed for two weeks and buy that shit

Drugs or video games, the classic question. :P

Doctorstrongbad on
    edited October 2009
    Man, I forgot Devil Survivor in the list of sRPGs. That's a good one too.

Pureauthor on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pureauthor wrote: »
    There's Luminous Arc which can only be summed up as 'completely generic' as an sRPG.

There's Hoshigami which is a blight upon mankind

There's FFTA2, which can be summed up as 'FFTA but better'.

There's FE:Shadow Dragon which can be summed up as 'FE without the 15 years of improvements to the formula'.

There's Rondo of Swords which can be summed up as 'For the love of God, QA this game', because it would be awesome if someone had actually sat through the game and removed all the interface issues.

There's Knights in the Nightmare, which can be summed up as juggling balls upside down while blindfolded. Awesome game, you should check it out.

There's the Super Robot Wars games, which can be summed up as 'Robots + Explosions + Awesome Music'

There's a Front Mission port, which can be summed up as... a Front Mission port.

And there's the GBA offerings.

I think I hit most of the high notes.

You forgot Devil Survivor, which is... well, Lord of the Flies meets Pokemon from hell, I guess.

Okay, never mind.

And Hoshigami isn't THAT bad. It's just pretty bad. If nothing else, it lead to the vastly superior Stella Deus.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    playing devil survivor right now

pretty darn good

redhead on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm going to be in planes and airports a lot for work, so I need some games to play. I have one of the old fat DSes, but it still works fine.

I've been playing Final Fantasty Tactics A2 for a while, and that's been fun. I have Super Mario Bros., Kirby, Prof. Layton and the Curious Village and some others.

I guess I'm looking for games that would be engaging, like RPGs, or just fun silly combat action games. Any ideas?

JoeUser on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    super mario bros 3 is pretty fun so far, I bought it last night

(general statement, also intended to be for joe :D )

unintentional on
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    JoeUser wrote: »
    I'm going to be in planes and airports a lot for work, so I need some games to play. I have one of the old fat DSes, but it still works fine.

I've been playing Final Fantasty Tactics A2 for a while, and that's been fun. I have Super Mario Bros., Kirby, Prof. Layton and the Curious Village and some others.

I guess I'm looking for games that would be engaging, like RPGs, or just fun silly combat action games. Any ideas?

Phoenix Wright?

Taya on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Guys I have completely completed all missions 100% on 358/2 Days in story and mission mode and I still haven't unlocked Soul of Sora

what the fuuuuuck

Beasteh on
  • HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Guys I have completely completed all missions 100% on 358/2 Days in story and mission mode and I still haven't unlocked Soul of Sora

what the fuuuuuck

There is only one last place to put that keyblade.

HellaJeff on
    edited October 2009
    NOOOooo

turns out I was missing like 2 unity badges

hurfa durf

Anti-Saix is kicking my ass :C

Beasteh on
    edited October 2009
    My brother bought 358/2 it is right in front of me.

But I have not played all the way through KH or KH 2.

Someone mail me a ps2 with these gifts, you will forever have my worship.

HellaJeff on
    edited October 2009
    Oh shit I completely forgot about the Ace Attorney games. Are there any that wound up bad, or am I safe to just start picking them all up?

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited October 2009
    ugh I don't need to collect all chests as well do I

seriously this is a pain in my ass

Beasteh on
    edited October 2009
    Oh shit I completely forgot about the Ace Attorney games. Are there any that wound up bad, or am I safe to just start picking them all up?

pick them all up

right now

no excuses!

Beasteh on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    inside story is pretty dang awesome so far

PiptheFair on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Inside Story is great if just for being Bowser.

GWAHAHAHAHAHA!

KalTorak on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Being Bowser in Super Paper Mario was pretty great.

Bowser is a neat guy lemme tell you.

Bedlam on
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

They are all excellent. Some are more excellent than others but they are all worth owning. Start with the first one, then proceed to the second one, follow with the third one, and finally play the forth one. In that order.

Taya on
    edited October 2009
    I played the hell out of the first one, and borrowed the second from a friend but never got around to finishing it. I got stuck at some point and instead of coming back to it I ended up finding something else to occupy my time.

However it would also help if Amazon.com didn't ask fucking ridiculous prices for the Phoenix games. The latest one is 20 bucks but the others are all over 70.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Try www.play-asia.com, they're usually on there for under $30

Janson on
  • DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You always pick up cheap items on the ebay.

Doctorstrongbad on
  • DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I played the hell out of the first one, and borrowed the second from a friend but never got around to finishing it. I got stuck at some point and instead of coming back to it I ended up finding something else to occupy my time.

However it would also help if Amazon.com didn't ask fucking ridiculous prices for the Phoenix games. The latest one is 20 bucks but the others are all over 70.

If you stick it through the second one, the third game one is infinitely better.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
    edited October 2009
    I have purchased a sony portable playing device 8-)

also, the worm boss in bowsers nerves was goddamn bullshit

PiptheFair on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I finally finished Apollo Justice.

In case four when
    you get to play as Phoenix it was all fuck yeah, time to rock this bitch. Although the time traveling investigative portion was kinda out there.

Bloods End on
    edited October 2009
    The final boss music of Bowser's Inside Story was soooooo good.

Pureauthor on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The World Ends with You is great, though getting every pin in the game was totally agonizing (fuck you Natural Puppy). I think it'd be a good choice for a travel game.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited October 2009
    I am not done yet, I am so stubborn with having the difficulty up even though I can go back and beat the bosses again (I can do that right?). I recently became the guy who only wants to play on hard modes.

HellaJeff on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, at the end of the game you can fight all the bosses again at any difficulty level. This is actually encouraged since some bosses drop different pins at different difficulty levels.

Robos A Go Go on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I have decided to buy a refurbished lite from one of the local gamestops, since they're nice and cheap

Lites are backwards compatible, right? What should I pick up with it? All I know I want is Fire Emblem and Chrono Trigger.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited October 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    So I have decided to buy a refurbished lite from one of the local gamestops, since they're nice and cheap

Lites are backwards compatible, right? What should I pick up with it? All I know I want is Fire Emblem and Chrono Trigger.

rocket slime
    mario and luigi's inside story
    the world ends with you
    ace attorney games
    kingdom hearts, if you liked them

PiptheFair on
This discussion has been closed.