As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] Soviet Phalla - Game Over: Capitalist Victory

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    Precisionk has both the pope and an evil sith lord as his avatar. Trustworthy figures? I think not! A bunny, on the other hand, can only do one thing, and that is love the communist party with all of its cute little bunny heart.

I don't know, when I think sickle and hammer and the crushing weight of the Soviet Union, it's hard to effectively picture a bunny as an imposing mascot.

I'm pretty sure an iron-fisted ruler is what the country needs, if anything.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Scosglen wrote: »
    I !Vote for Lady Eri

Ardor has a suspicious amount of early support, rich history or no.

Sorry, but that's retardologic. How are his votes any more suspicious than Lady Eri's?

Frosteey on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »
    I !Vote for Lady Eri

Sorry, but that's retardologic*. How are his votes any more suspicious than Lady Eri's?

* - copyright Kusuguttai Inc., 2007-.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    I !Vote for Lady Eri

Sorry, but that's retardologic*. How are his votes any more suspicious than Lady Eri's?

* - copyright Kusuguttai Inc., 2007-.

I think this is going to catch on.

Smasher on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I !Vote for Lady Eri

Sorry, but that's retardologic. How are his votes any more suspicious than Lady Eri's?

I agree, Eri had quite a few more votes this morning. To assume she will help the state so early this game is wishful thinking and a gamble.

At least we're not bandwagoning random execution votes. Or even any for that matter. I don't think that's ever happened in a phalla I know about.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    I !Vote for Lady Eri

I agree, Eri had quite a few more votes this morning. To assume she will help the state so early this game is wishful thinking and a gamble.

At least we're not bandwagoning random execution votes. Or even any for that matter. I don't think that's ever happened in a phalla I know about.

If we had to execute someone tonight, there would be bandwagons.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Precisionk has both the pope and an evil sith lord as his avatar. Trustworthy figures? I think not! A bunny, on the other hand, can only do one thing, and that is love the communist party with all of its cute little bunny heart.

I don't know, when I think sickle and hammer and the crushing weight of the Soviet Union, it's hard to effectively picture a bunny as an imposing mascot.

I shall crush the capitalists under my giant bunny feet. They shall run in fear of my incredibly large foot of doom, and those who fall under its shadow shall know only pain when it comes down upon them.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    A question for everyone to consider. Under what situations should the General Secretary kill someone? He's effectively a voted-in vigilante, and normally I'm all for the vigilante killing every night. However, the logic behind that depends on the fact that the vigilante in most games is innocent. If a capitalist becomes GS he's unlikely to kill a fellow capitalist except under dire need, which defeats the benefit of the vigilante. I suspect most of the time the GS will be a loyal communist, but it's almost impossible to model how often that will be the case, and so I can't really predict whether it's still better for the GS to kill every night or to only do so at the behest of the village.

Smasher on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I shall crush the capitalists under my giant bunny feet. They shall run in fear of my incredibly large foot of doom, and those who fall under its shadow shall know only pain when it comes down upon them.

Hmm, fair enough.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Guys, fellow comrades, please please don't focus on simply voting for a Secretary here. We need to select 8 people who will benefit Soviet Phallia the most. Do not focus all votes on Eri and Ardor and let some useless player get on the council just because they voted for themselves.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    Guys, fellow comrades, please please don't focus on simply voting for a Secretary here. We need to select 8 people who will benefit Soviet Phallia the most. Do not focus all votes on Eri and Ardor and let some useless player get on the council just because they voted for themselves.

So, who would you say is a useless player? Just out of curiosity?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Guys if I make the council I promise to not screw up. :)

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Upon further cogitation I have concluded frankly all candidates are similarly suspicious and Bliss does have a point about making sure the rest of the Politburo doesn't slide in on self promotion alone. Therefore I !Retract vote for Lady Eri and enter a new !Vote for Thorgot

Scosglen on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    To answer a question asked awhile back, yes you will be informed when a revolutionary is killed. You will also be informed when a special is killed, but not what type of special they were.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007

So, who would you say is a useless player? Just out of curiosity?

I admit "useless" was too strong a term; "less than ideal" would have been better. If I have to give an example, I'll say Precisionk.

edit: changed "think" to "admit". We Communists care about wording.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    We need to select 8 people who will benefit Soviet Phallia the most.

I would red this for truth, but I suspect our hosts would not appreciate that so much. With that in mind I !retract for Infidel because, while he's got a properly soviet name, I really know nothing about him. Instead I !vote for Cantide because he's typically been a voice of reason in the past.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    What makes him less than ideal?

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    What makes him less than ideal?

Because, whenever he has been a villager, he has done more to confuse the village than to help them win the game?

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Just some random thoughts: I'm assuming that the old hands will probably have at least one of their members on the politburo, and the KGB might as well.

Also, at the moment it seems that if a KGB gets elected for General Secretary, he can't protect himself. Is that right? And, if this were to happen and the KGB Secretary died, would his partner also be killed for incompetence?

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Guys vote for me or else I shall use the Choco avatar!.......

Nah I'm not that evil, even for a communist.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »

Such disgrace to the party! Intolerable.

edit: As a followup question, when a special or revolutionary is killed will we be told WHO it is? Or just that someone killed that night was special/rebel?

Scosglen on
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I agree. We must not support these incomprehensible thoughts. Communists, evil...that sounds exactly like what one of those capitalist dogs would say. I urge you to tread lightly, comrade, for we do not tolerate such attitudes in the committee.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Are you calling Communism evil!? You must be a capitalist dog to have such thoughts!

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Last Son wrote: »

Are you calling Communism evil!? You must be a capitalist dog to have such thoughts!

Dog... it's my sig isn't it, I'm getting killed because of my avatar/sig again aren't I?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Dog... it's my sig isn't it, I'm getting killed because of my avatar/sig again aren't I?

You've actually been seered again, and Last Son is who I'm feeding the seer's visions to this game.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Indeed, you capitalist, uh, polar bear.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    But if I was seered than you guys would know I'm innocent. :P

And plus I like being evil, just not toally evil.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Comrades, let's not get sidetracked over a poor choice of words here.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    But if I was seered than you guys would know I'm innocent. :P

And plus I like being evil, just not toally evil.

This is awfully indecisive behavior coming from a communist. Although I'm not any more confident in our eagerly boastful and rhetorical members, either. Preaching to the choir.

And who loves their preachers? Democrats.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »

You've actually been seered again, and Last Son is who I'm feeding the seer's visions to this game.

Ah ha, but only the capitalists have a seer so you if you are alluding to being the seer than you must be a capitalist! Wait, that means that I... oh shit.

Last Son on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    Also, at the moment it seems that if a KGB gets elected for General Secretary, he can't protect himself. Is that right? And, if this were to happen and the KGB Secretary died, would his partner also be killed for incompetence?

I'd assume so, and this is an excellent point. Hey, KGB members? Make sure that you don't wind up in the top spot.

That said, I would assume that the KGB members, all things equal, will be protecting the GS, if only out of self-preservation. Since the Capitalists will know this, they probably won't bother targeting him, and so GS will be a pretty safe position.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »

I'd assume so, and this is an excellent point. Hey, KGB members? Make sure that you don't wind up in the top spot.

That said, I would assume that the KGB members, all things equal, will be protecting the GS, if only out of self-preservation. Since the Capitalists will know this, they probably won't bother targeting him, and so GS will be a pretty safe position.

But knowing this the KGB could theoretically protect someone other than the GS, hoping that the capitalists won't try to kill the GS and potentially waste a kill. But knowing that the capitalists will likely try to throw a kill at the GS occasionally hoping to get a 2-for-1. And knowing that the KGB will... and so on and so on.

Circular logic is fun.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

But knowing this the KGB could theoretically protect someone other than the GS, hoping that the capitalists won't try to kill the GS and potentially waste a kill. But knowing that the capitalists will likely try to throw a kill at the GS occasionally hoping to get a 2-for-1. And knowing that the KGB will... and so on and so on.

Circular logic is fun.

Clearly, I cannot choose the wine in front of you!

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

Circular logic is fun.

Are you referencing some western, capitalist, Hollywood film? I hope you aren't.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Circular logic is fun.

I'm fairly certain that somehow implies you trying to kill me with poisoned wine, but I can't quite figure it out. Besides, true Soviets drink vodka you wine-swilling capitalist.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Thorgot I wouldn't talk with that avatar of yours. An american tv show? Get him!

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Thorgot I wouldn't talk with that avatar of yours. An american tv show? Get him!

My avatar shows the hypocrisy of the American pigdogs. A baby who can talk? Absurdist nonsense meant to fool the people. I display it proudly, to show the people we will not be fooled.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »

My avatar shows the hypocrisy of the American pigdogs. A baby who can talk? Absurdist nonsense meant to fool the people. I display it proudly, to show the people we will not be fooled.

The way I see it is that your avatar is rubbing in the fact that america is smarter since their babies talk. Are you trying to imply that we are stupider? That our medical degree is worthless over there?!?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man, the first day is boring.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    We're on a big start to people calling eachother 'stupider' for having babies as avatars and voting for themselves as clear leader choices.

It's random accusations that aren't the best for us, but still it does beat random bandwagoning.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif