As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hates, Hopes, Happies, Hard Modes, and Harpies

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy!: Yay, finally!
    VPD.jpg

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Holy Shit Hate: Engineer rogues/druids in WSG. I was in a wsg against both a rogue and druid with engineering. They may as well have instant flag cap abiliity.

Grab flag with WSG speed buff -> Run out GY Side -> Soon as that wears off -> Sprint -> Soon as that wears off -> Engineering boots speed buff . Cap

THe druid of course was 10 times worse, even if you snared him it lasted less than an 8th a second. We got the rogue stopped once, but by and large a horde WSG pug on my BG is made up of the most worthless pieces of shit available and can not be counted on to coordinate for anything, EXCEPT to completely ignore the objective of the game.

"Hey look their flag carrier, lets get him... no wait! Look over there a solo deathknight running across the field GET HIM!!!"

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You can't use the engineering boots speed buff with the flag. You drop it if you do.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    riz wrote: »
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    I have found a way to counter some of the raid emo though; I trade people Tasty Cupcakes. It at least gets a laugh, and the icon for the Happy buff is hysterical. I need to make some bad clams to trade to the next person who vent rages, it'll be so good.

Haha. I randomly trade cupcakes to my friends sometimes but I've never tried to make a point with Bad Clams. Would probably just lead to even more emo rage.

I guess I should be happy that at least the DPS warrior who gquit this week has so far been the only person to seriously be a little bitch about going to Ulduar for stuff.

Well, to be fair, I've been pissed off at Ulduar as well, but for an entirely different reason.

Edit:

Hate: Our 10 man HToC went worse than last week.

Happy?: At least we still got Mad Skill.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy: 80 Nerd points out of our Ulduar random achievement run. That was one of the most fun raids I can remember... No worrying about loot, no whining because we were doing anything that someone didn't need gear from... Just 10 people who wanted to screw around, good times. And now I'm officially over 9000.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Amusing: While I was in org I was near one of the commoners and caught this bit of scripted speech:

Troll Commoner: says: Boo-hoo! I'm a poor little gnome, and I don't have a capital ci.. oh, wait.

Nobody on
    edited October 2009
    Saeris wrote: »
    You can't use the engineering boots speed buff with the flag. You drop it if you do.

You sure about that? Beause I chased the same resto druid carrying the flag twice with my own feral druid in travel form and he dropped travel form and pulled away from me twice midfield. The only thing I could attribute this to was engineering boots. Unless he had alchemist potions? Do those work with the flag? Either way he outran me in elf form twice while I was in travel form with the 4 pc bonus from feral (+15% speed)

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I believe the boots have a fire trail animation associated with them so if you didn't see that then they definitely weren't using the boots.

Opty on
    edited October 2009
    I wouldn't know I have spell effects turned pretty much off when pvping, otherwise I lag horribly in BGs.

I can be in a raid with spell effects all the way up and not even jutter, but in a BG I jag and jutter like nobodies business :(

EWom on
  • W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hate: my guild!

I'm a prot Paladin. Right now as I'm posting this we're sitting in Ulduar in front of General Vezax. Vezax is a one-tank fight, and our other tank is a prot/prot dual spec warrior. My guild leader is adamantly refusing to let me switch to my mage for the fight because "she doesn't want to waste time summoning". Okay, fair enough, whatever. I'll just switch to holy and heal it, even though we don't really need four healers.

We're sitting here right now with time for me to post this because one person is offline and one person has gone to eat their dinner. I could have switched and walked from Dalaran in the time it's taken.

Durrrr.

W2 on
  • CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy: Leveling a new Warrior and leveling in BGs with BoA gear. I leveled 16-20 pretty much entirely in WSG in about as much time as it would have taken me to quest it, and in the process I racked up probably more WSG tokens than all my other characters have combined, plus some pvp achievements that my main probably doesn't have (just checked, and yep, there's a few). It helped that Horde apparently own the 10-19 bracket in my BG, as I only lost once in 15 games.

Hope: AB in 20s-40s and AV in the 50s end up working out just as well and I'll be riding on a pvp mount by 60.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    W2 wrote: »

I'm a prot Paladin. Right now as I'm posting this we're sitting in Ulduar in front of General Vezax. Vezax is a one-tank fight, and our other tank is a prot/prot dual spec warrior. My guild leader is adamantly refusing to let me switch to my mage for the fight because "she doesn't want to waste time summoning". Okay, fair enough, whatever. I'll just switch to holy and heal it, even though we don't really need four healers.

We're sitting here right now with time for me to post this because one person is offline and one person has gone to eat their dinner. I could have switched and walked from Dalaran in the time it's taken.

Durrrr.
    Heh, bureaucracy.

Senshi on
    edited October 2009
    Senshi wrote: »

Durrrr.
    Heh, bureaucracy.

Heh, yeah. It's awesome. We can down Vezax every week but then Yogg is just a circus. I know he's like, the end guy, but this is 10-man with all four keepers up and I think we're making it harder than it should be.

It'd help if people had actually read even the smallest piece of information about the fight beforehand. Does anyone have any general tips for, I dunno, making it through phase one? Any other parts of the fight? Anything? I think our class balance is way off, from week to week we are usually either really melee heavy or really ranged heavy. We don't have a shaman for heroism.

The leadership is also pretty awful.

W2 on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    DPS can't keep it in their pants on those faceless guys, or what?

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
    edited October 2009
    Skeith wrote: »

Yeah, actually, that's an issue. Also nobody seems to be able to avoid clouds, we have had some success just stacking up on Sara and doing it that way but there's always one idiot who can't stack up properly.

W2 on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Yeah, actually, that's an issue. Also nobody seems to be able to avoid clouds, we have had some success just stacking up on Sara and doing it that way but there's always one idiot who can't stack up properly.

Stacking on Sara would probably cause mana issues further in the fight because of the AoE on detonation of the adds, yeah? How's the group comp? If it's not too melee heavy, tell them to fuck off and sit by the door for phase 1. Ranged and healers don't really have excuses for hitting clouds. Aggro meters are day one stuff, have them count to 5 and not blow all their cooldowns so early.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy: Got the reins of the green protodrake from the egg. Yay. one of the few drop mount I got so far. All the others are grind mounts or bought. No ice bear mount, no rivendares charger and no ZG mount. Got 95 mounts so far. Still got 2 argent mounts + 1 pvp mount to go.

Hate: Need 16 halaa battle marks to get last talbuk, but need 72+ horde to get them. 72+ Horde in outland! Yeah, wish me luck with that.

Hate: That I still get caught up in the gamblers fallacy. If the odds are 100 to 1, the odds will still be 100 to 1 on try 99. Random numbers generator is random, but still a part of me expects it.

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Stacking on Sara would probably cause mana issues further in the fight because of the AoE on detonation of the adds, yeah? How's the group comp? If it's not too melee heavy, tell them to fuck off and sit by the door for phase 1. Ranged and healers don't really have excuses for hitting clouds. Aggro meters are day one stuff, have them count to 5 and not blow all their cooldowns so early.
    We tried having ranged at the door for a bit, but there were too many shenannigans with running the add back to Sara. In the end we just had the ranged running around the edge of the pool in a group, staying ahead of clouds and dodging the one that goes in the other direction. Melee stayed with me (the tank) in the middle and would run out (always looking for cloudless escape routes) before an add exploded.

Coconut Monkey on
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    All you can really do is tell your people to watch a tankspot video or something, explain the fight, and tell them to seriously stop clipping clouds. I hate to say it, but if you can't get people to stop clipping clouds in p1 or be arsed to read up on the fight, you're probably not going to kill him, because p2 is about 30 times more complex than p1, which is basically don't hit green clouds and stop dps so the tank in the middle can taunt and blow up adds on Sara.

Joshmvii on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Fun: How quickly one can gear up nowadays just through PUG running.

tblur.jpg

SabreMau on
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I like how the haste rating went down. Blizzard really fucking overdid it with the amount of haste on leveling gear.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    His hit rating also dropped. But if he's healing, it doesn't matter.

My warlock went from 1800 sp to 2400 sp in a weak. I lost a lot of haste too but gained a ton of crit.

JustinSane07 on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Still got the same blue level 80 BoE shoulders, too. Upgrading those to this later this week.

SabreMau on
  • omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy- Started a new Warlock a week ago, already level 61.

Happy- I am totally loving it.

Confused- I leveled Affliction all the way to 60, now switched to Destro to get used to it. I like it, but dont really know if I should have done it in the first place..Its fast, its furious, it kills things dead, but I am wondering if there really is any point to it other than a fuckawesome raid spec.

Hate- Log on to my Hunter every now and then to do an occasional heroic, raid, and still no polearm to replace the monstrosity that is on my back..Although I am sporting some shitty daggers in the mean time.

omega71 on
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    omega71 wrote: »

Confused- I leveled Affliction all the way to 60, now switched to Destro to get used to it. I like it, but dont really know if I should have done it in the first place..Its fast, its furious, it kills things dead, but I am wondering if there really is any point to it other than a fuckawesome raid spec.

Hate- Log on to my Hunter every now and then to do an occasional heroic, raid, and still no polearm to replace the monstrosity that is on my back..Although I am sporting some shitty daggers in the mean time.

Just wait until you get to end game and get tons of spell power. Your abilities just explode.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • MittenMitten Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Guild anniversary shenanigans <3<3<3

Mitten on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The hallowed helm still eludes me again this year
    Last year I got two on my ret paladin whom I took trick or treating around the game and gained 4 levels and my warlock

It's annoying people charging gold 10+ for the wands when I give them away for free or for trade for the ones I need

Brainleech on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    omega71 wrote: »

I don't follow. The point is that destro quickly and efficiently kills mans repeatedly. It doesn't incentivize pulling several mobs at once like affliction is, which is good at least for being lower risk. It also doesn't punish you as much against mobs with low health, that die with the dots only half-done. Most importantly, it finally is mana-efficient enough, at least at 70, to not be painful at all.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hate: Someone in my guild just got hacked.

Happy: It was noticed in time to keep everything but 10 Hearts of Darkness in the guild bank. Can't say the same for his banks, though. Pretty much all of his characters are now running around in tier gear and level 60 epics.

riz on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    odd that 10 hearts would be what they went for FIRST

Dhalphir on
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    seriously, I cannot comprehend how people get hacked. Either they're dumb because they fell for a scam, or they're dumb because they have a password like "secret" or something else moronic.

Senshi on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    there is actually a few people who have gotten hacked due to the account merge...someone gets their email address, which isn't hard to do these days even if you're careful with it, and then just bruteforces the password

Dhalphir on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Authenticator...

Bikkstah on
  • DisenchanterDisenchanter Magnolia, DERegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    hate: coming home from vacation to find out my WoW account has been closed due to "Exploitation of the in game economy".

hope: This get's worked out, because I could not find ANYTHING on my machine. No loggers no trojans, nothing.

hope II: I do not care about my characters, just give me back my account because I do not feel like shelling out $80 to get wow and all the xpacs again.

Disenchanter on
  • DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hate: Sunday night raids. We get VoA25, Ony25, AND ToC25 done all on Wednesday so it only leaves H-ToC25 for Sunday. My guild doesn't have the DPS to get through Beasts yet, there are DPS below tanks consistently, so really all it is is wiping until the leadership gets frustrated and calls it. I honestly think it would be just the same for me to donate 200g to the guild bank as my unused repair money and then just not show up on Sundays.

DharmaBum on
    edited October 2009
    a guild with that much dead weight should not be doing 25 heroic.

Dhalphir on
  • DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    a guild with that much dead weight should not be doing 25 heroic.

Yep. This is very true. But we're in a precarious situation. Some of the deadweight are officers, and others are people that have been with the guild for a very long time and are not douches. So it's hard to get them out. Everyone has been told to "eat their fucking Wheaties," and read EJ and whatever other sites are made for their class.

Who would've thought that it was so difficult to press buttons in a provided order repeatedly?

DharmaBum on
    edited October 2009
    just snap in an official raid. "you fucking idiots learn to fucking play. you're being beaten by the fucking tanks. you're fucking shit".

then either they will shape up, or you'll get kicked, or nothing will change.

either way, you have nothing to lose.

Dhalphir on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy - Finally getting into some pvp in WoW. I come from SWG where all i did was pvp for half a year.

Hate - Wintergrasp? Why can't I stay connected for more than 1 minute there. It makes it definitely unfun.

Yesterday was bad for random disconnects all day, but Wintergrasp was brutal.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy - I was puged to dps a t 25m ToC thi week, and I was second/third on the meters, closely racing another Blood DK that outgeared me hands down.

Hate - RL is a hard liner about shit and very picky about her people. Bitched me out for not making the Friday run, bitched out a Guildmate when he had to go because people he invited over showed up 1-2 hours earlier than they said they would. Doesn't say shit when other people have to leave. Also, for such a picky person, she put out some pretty shitty dps.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
This discussion has been closed.