As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] UI thread with totally outdated OP

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    thought of my weekly question to ask the thread. browsing the quest area of curse didn't help.

any addon that tracks what dailies I've done? just on a given day.

seems almost like something that would be handled in game, maybe I just don't know how to do it.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I need a good timer mod to keep track of buffs, dots and cooldowns. I tried ClassTimers, but I can't seem to find a way to track the latter. How can I do it with CT. If I can't what mod would you recommend that can?

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I use CooldownTimers2 for cooldowns.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    End wrote: »
    I use CooldownTimers2 for cooldowns.

Just tried it. Seems very unintuitive. I just need something simple to track Conflag and Chaos Bolt CDs.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    edited October 2009
    I dunno, works about the same as dottimer's cooldown timer when I got it all set up. ClassTimers doesn't seem to do cooldowns though.

There's always CoolLine if you want a slightly more compact cooldown tracker. It's a clone of Forte's cooldown timer, where it shows all cooldowns on a single bar on a more logarithmic scale.

End on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kainy wrote: »
    Could someone who has CoolLevelUp and knows lua tell me what the relevant code would be to make it auto-toggle music on when it's going to try and play a music file? I usually play with music off, and it's awkward to have to note that I'm about to level up, and turn music on (if it's not on before the music attempts to play, it doesn't play if you then toggle music on after it should be playing). It kinda takes some of the joy away from it, since I'm having to do setup - it seems like the sort of thing that should just happen.

Haven't tested this myself, but it should work (if you have music off but sound on).

in CoolLevelUp\data\music.lua
    function Root.Music.Play(name)
        local filename = musics[name];
        if ( filename ) then
            return PlayMusic(Music.folder..filename);
        end
        return nil;
    end

Becomes
    function Root.Music.Play(name)
        local filename = musics[name];
        if ( filename ) then
            SetCVar("Sound_EnableMusic", "1")
            return PlayMusic(Music.folder..filename);
        end
        return nil;
    end

And to turn it back off
    function Root.Music.Stop()
        StopMusic();
    end

Becomes
    function Root.Music.Stop()
        SetCVar("Sound_EnableMusic", "0")
        StopMusic();
    end

If you have WoWs sound turned off all together you'll want to change it from Sound_EnableMusic to Sound_EnableAllSound

Saeris will probably come along with a handy little CVar checking and setting loop :P but here be barebones.

Arrath on
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You're enabling it both times. You want to disable it in Stop(). Also, you need to use "1" and "0" instead of 1 and 0, because the CVar system is fickle like that.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Whoops, thats right. I was being lazy and just copy pasted the SetCVar from where I turn it on. Proof read, kids!

Arrath on
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thanks, I'll be testing it once the servers are back up and I can resume leveling my warlock!

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tracking cooldowns/dots etc? TellMeWhen. Hands-down the best, and it looks great, too.

Senshi on
  • W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Messed around with my UI a bit today and got it looking pretty good, I've been using the default Blizzard UI for ages and I figured I'd change things up a bit.

wowscrnshot102209011616.th.jpg

Not pictured: action bars along the top left and right edges of the screen with my seals, blessings and tradeskills that appear when I mouseover them.

W2 on
    edited October 2009
    nice w2, that's somewhat similar to mine in a few ways. I like.

Variable on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I track dots/debuffs with NeedToKnow. Cooldowns are tracked by default with MBST.

Bikkstah on
  • ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    W2, what is that buff tracker you have? It looks like a better version of Elkanos Buff Bars.

Toothy on
    edited October 2009
    The buffs at the top right are SatrinaBuffFrame, the blue bars underneath my character I'm not too sure. I just grabbed a compilation off Wowinterface.com called ShiningRed and then played around with it til it suited me better (also until it wasn't red).

Someone else might know, just looking at it.

W2 on
  • tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    those might be from fortexorcist, it has a thing for tracking buffs you need to renew.

tehmarken on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The blue bars look like classtimers to me.

815165 on
    edited October 2009
    815165 wrote: »
    The blue bars look like classtimers to me.

That could be it, actually, I've got that in my Addons folder. :D

It shows me different stuff depending on what I'm targeting, if its an enemy mob then it will show Judgment duration, Seal of Vengeance stacks, etc.

W2 on
    edited October 2009
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    I track dots/debuffs with NeedToKnow. Cooldowns are tracked by default with MBST.

what about when you want to know how long until something cools down?

WHAT ABOUT THEN

Variable on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Does anyone have a suggested addon for minimap button management/gathering? I've used Minimap Button Bag in the past, but a new laptop is probably a good excuse to switch to something updated during Wrath's release cycle.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • FyuraeFyurae Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SexyMap lets you turn all that shit off. some people dont like the crazy default map design, but some of the other presets are tolerable and you can tweak it to make it look like the blizzard map if you want to.

Fyurae on
    7499.jpg
    7497.jpg
    7498.jpg
    edited October 2009
    Fyurae wrote: »
    SexyMap lets you turn all that shit off. some people dont like the crazy default map design, but some of the other presets are tolerable and you can tweak it to make it look like the blizzard map if you want to.

I use SexyMap already, the problem is that I actually like/use those buttons, just need some way to deal with 60 of them clogging it all up at once.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited October 2009
    Try a broker/fubar/titan something. A lot of those addons will automatically spit their buttons out onto one of those modules.

Fyurae on
    7499.jpg
    7497.jpg
    7498.jpg
  • bookworm13bookworm13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Anyone know of an up-to-date mod for automating quest item/faction item turn ins? Going to turn in a bunch of CE and Aldor rep items this week (just because!) and I want to save my fingers some pain.

bookworm13 on
    edited October 2009
    It can't be fully automated, but you could probably write a macro that you can mash to do the quest text parts after you've clicked on the NPC.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
    edited October 2009
    There are AddOns that are tuned specifically for the repeatable turn in quests. I couldn't name one without going and searching.

Ultimately, I just have a macro I edit for that sort of thing:
    /script SelectGossipAvailableQuest(1)
    /script CompleteQuest()
    /script GetQuestReward()

The number is the quest line on the npc gossip you want to "auto complete".

End on
    edited October 2009
    I don't know for sure, but you miiiight be able to include a line to interact with the target so that you don't have to right-click the NPC every time. Try this.

/script if InteractUnit("target") then SelectGossipAvailableQuest(1) CompleteQuest() GetQuestReward() end

edit: Nope, not doable. Macros can't use InteractUnit(), even out of combat, and Blizzard hasn't yet implemented an equivalent macro expression so that they can be set up to run it securely. However, you CAN bind "Interact with Target" to a key, and then keep mashing that key and your complete-the-quest macro key in tandem. It beats right-clicking, at least.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
    edited October 2009
    Quest Guru's 'Auto-Complete Quest' goes through all the screens once you get to the 'Here's your reward' page. IE, you click on the NPC, click on the quest (if applicable) and it does the rest.

Fyurae on
    7499.jpg
    7497.jpg
    7498.jpg
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Automaton has an auto-completion module, as well

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited October 2009
    alright so I was just involved in my first ever raid, ever. it failed but I think that's what's supposed to happen :P

anyway, will grid work for me out of the box? I'm using pitbull right now, and with the way it was set up by default I couldn't even see debuffs. I'm fixing it now, and I'm not gonna get grid just yet, but if it'll work at least fairly well out of the box I can get used to it before spending time setting it to my liking.

Variable on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I seem to get into strange moods with my UI every now and then. I just spent the better part of an afternoon screwing about with TGAs and alpha channels and the quartz lua to figure out how to make a non rectangular cast bar. And it worked fine, then I turned back my old normal cast bar.

Much like how a couple of months ago I screwed around with font conversion utilities to turn a specific font into one wow could use and then entered it into shared media then never actually used it.

I guess it's all preparation for my next complete UI overhaul.

-SPI- on
    edited October 2009
    I saw you mention it online, did you take a picture of the castbar?

Variable on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nah, it kind of looked like poop. I need to make a better texture specifically for it.

Here's one I was just playing around with to see what was possible. If I can finangle quartz to allow larger bar sizes some more interesting things should be possible. I had one that was a curved shape, but it was a little too small for my liking.

casta.jpg

castb.jpg

The jpg compression from me still not getting around to putting wow screenshots on hi quality makes it look a little shittier than it did in-game.

-SPI- on
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Arrath and Saeris, just wanted to pop in and tell you that your modification to CoolLevelUp works like a charm.

Thanks a lot!

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
    edited October 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    alright so I was just involved in my first ever raid, ever. it failed but I think that's what's supposed to happen :P

anyway, will grid work for me out of the box? I'm using pitbull right now, and with the way it was set up by default I couldn't even see debuffs. I'm fixing it now, and I'm not gonna get grid just yet, but if it'll work at least fairly well out of the box I can get used to it before spending time setting it to my liking.

grid+clique+decursive has always worked just fine for me without any tweaking at all. grid's config menu is nowhere near as scary as most people make it out to be as long as you are not totally spatially challenged.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited October 2009
    Just did a major overhaul of my UI, fixing a lot of stuff that used to overlap and some stuff that was kinda buggy.

I like the cleanliness of the action bars now, although AutoBar is kind of annoying from a design perspective (despite being the best thing since sliced meat in terms of actual stuff).

WIP stuff:

1) Need to coordinate Quartz bars a little better
    2) Need to find some better place for XLoot synopsis - emblems in raids, for example, scroll right off
    3) Need to sort out the messy TitanPanel a little
    ScreenShot_102509_235012.jpgScreenShot_102609_002938.jpg

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited October 2009
    any of the many clique related addons worth looking into?

I think I'm gonna throw up a UI pic tonight. not grid related since I don't see me raiding again too soon but it'll have a party done with pitbull and obviously all my other stuff.

Variable on
    edited October 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    any of the many clique related addons worth looking into?

I think I'm gonna throw up a UI pic tonight. not grid related since I don't see me raiding again too soon but it'll have a party done with pitbull and obviously all my other stuff.

Clique itself is pretty easy to get into, and useful for a lot of things.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Clique is the best addon ever written.

Senshi on
    edited October 2009
    I mean grid there. grid related addons.

Variable on