As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Monitor Audio Issue

AmaranthAmaranth Registered User regular
Hey all

I've got a couple of HP w2448h Wide Screen monitors, one of which I like to occasionally use for my 360.

The sole downside to this that I have found is that when I want to play my XBOX, I can only connect it via HDMI - leaving the audio port open. I thought that when I purchased it, I would be able to use my monitor as a mere conduit for the audio and out it through an external device, but this seems to not be the case.

To my knowledge, the audio jack on the back of my monitor is solely for connecting a PC to it as the monitor itself has speakers on it which are of, frankly, terrible audio quality. This also limits my ability to play my XBOX past late hours, since the audio only comes out through the monitor.

:/

Does anyone have any solutions I could use to get around this problem?

Much appreciated :D

Amaranth on

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    a) use an xbox headset
    b) use an xbox vga cable and route the audio somewhere else
    c) someone recently posted a sort of splitter thing for recent 360s that means you can have the hdmi cable and the composite/component cable plugged in at the same time, get one of those

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    a) Could work for the after-hours thing.
    b) Unfortunately my monitor only has an HDMI input - I don't think there's any way around that?
    c) That sounds like the best option, I'll look into that - thanks! :D

Amaranth on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Bumpin' dis >.>

Amaranth on