As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

My marshmallow Americans, I have harglebargle [POLITICS]

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bourgeois is pronounced like boosh waaaaah but is spelled like burgerois and it annoys me greatly.

MKR on
    edited October 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    run what are your feelings on eminent domain

Those homeowners should have seen it coming.

MKR on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    also Quoth I have a very difficult time believing anybody on this forum is part of the Capitalist class

why shouldn't i make money off the backs of the poor if i'm smart enough to get away with it

oh god i can't play this game anymore i'm just too tired

Quoth on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited October 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    its the "poors" quoth

the "poors" and the "browns"

but aren't they one in the same?

Abracadaniel on
    edited October 2009
    its the "poors" quoth

the "poors" and the "browns"

but teefs i am one of the browns

Quoth on
  • Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    run what are your feelings on eminent domain

I am only ok with it in very limited, regulated form, decided on case by case basis.

Sometimes rights have to be given up for a society to function, but only as a last resort method.

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
    edited October 2009
    Whoa wait, you're brown?

Crap.

MKR on
    edited October 2009
    MKR wrote: »
    Whoa wait, you're brown?

Crap.

i believe i'm what's known as a beaner

Quoth on
    edited October 2009
    I may or may not have organized a KKK meeting at your house.

MKR on
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Like mocha brown?

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
    edited October 2009
    How is making money off other people's backs a bad thing? I mean it's the what every working economic system ever is build upon.

I mean, I got a bunch of resources, but alone I am not capable of doing all the labor with it, so I pay a lot of people to do the labor for me.

I of course pay them less for the labor than I do earn with said labor so that I increase my resources and have my company grow.

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
    edited October 2009
    cafe con leche pero muy clarito

Quoth on
    edited October 2009
    We've secretly replaced replies to Run Cubed with blatant troll posts. Let's watch...

MKR on
    edited October 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am a big fan of private capital.

I do think our current economic system is really strange, but that is because I don't really know as much about it as I probably should. Wall street and hedge fund managers are strange and complicated.

Anarcho-syndicalism has some good ideas but I think adopting it as a whole is just eehh

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    How is making money off other people's backs a bad thing? I mean it's the what every working economic system ever is build upon.

I mean, I got a bunch of resources, but alone I am not capable of doing all the labor with it, so I pay a lot of people to do the labor for me.

I of course pay them less for the labor than I do earn with said labor so that I increase my resources and have my company grow.

No one is saying that is wrong.

Well i hope not, because if they are thats pretty stupid in my view.

However as the manager of said labour workforce, you are obligated not to fuck them over.

Karl on
    edited October 2009

this begs so many questions

precedent does not equal ethical soundness

where did you get the resources

why should they get paid less when they are doing the work that helps the company grow

why should you get paid more when you are not doing the same amount of work

Quoth on
  • JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I need to study some Marxist Economics. It just seems so counter intuitive and simply not functional.

Jigrah on
    edited October 2009
    In an ideal world, you would strangle those above you with your bootstraps to rise in power.

MKR on
    edited October 2009

[Deleted User] on
    edited October 2009
    Jigrah wrote: »
    I need to study some Marxist Economics. It just seems so counter intuitive and simply not functional.

it runs on similar principles to democracy

Quoth on
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his balls? Goshdang swampass

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
    edited October 2009
    In an ideal world, you would strangle those above you with your bootstraps to rise in power.

but i get paid so little that i cannot afford bootstraps!

i line my soles with newspapers i find on the street to make them last longer

Quoth on
    edited October 2009
    Karl wrote: »

No one is saying that is wrong.

Well i hope not, because if they are thats pretty stupid in my view.

However as the manager of said labour workforce, you are obligated not to fuck them over.

Of course not. I am not a libertarian. I believe in social capitalism. Free market with strong ethical limitations.

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
    edited October 2009

[Deleted User] on
    edited October 2009
    Quoth wrote: »

why should they get paid less when they are doing the work that helps the company grow

Scarcity of resources and best allocation of skill. They get paid less because there are more people able to do that job. You get paid more because there are less people that can do what you can. Maybe the resource you bring to the table is Capital, and that has it's own value in the economy.

Jigrah on
    edited October 2009
    I'm opposed to private capital :)

you mean individual capital / human capital? or private ownership?

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
    edited October 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Whoa wait, you're brown?

Crap.

i believe i'm what's known as a beaner

I would never have noticed!

Abracadaniel on
    edited October 2009

Shank a dude with a sharpened stick and steal his.

MKR on
    edited October 2009

Scarcity of resources and best allocation of skill. They get paid less because there are more people able to do that job. You get paid more because there are less people that can do what you can. Maybe the resource you bring to the table is Capital, and that has it's own value in the economy.

but again, how did you acquire the capital... is it reasonable that someone who essentially managed to stick a flag in the ground first should get to keep said ground

if i go to the grocery store and lick a cookie does it become mine

Quoth on
    edited October 2009

I'll have to save this post, right now I am studying Enviromental Econ and what the right amount of pollution is.

The answer is not none.

Also, Market Failures explain so much of this world, so sexy.

Jigrah on
    edited October 2009

but how will i sharpen it

with my teeth

that is so unhygenic

Quoth on
    edited October 2009

but again, how did you acquire the capital... is it reasonable that someone who essentially managed to stick a flag in the ground first should get to keep said ground

Ownership comes from the ability to protect an asset.

Jigrah on
    edited October 2009

but how will i sharpen it

with my teeth

that is so unhygenic

My ideal world will still have public parks, and those will have concrete pathways. To ensure fairness to all, of course. And there will be public shankers who can be enlisted to shank a dude if you're too weak, but you're obligated to compensate them later.

MKR on
    edited October 2009

Ownership comes from the ability to protect an asset.

so if i lick the cookie and run away with it and the cops don't catch me then it's mine

Quoth on
    edited October 2009

as I created the firm I decide who gets to work in it and who doesn't. I get to decide what I pay them for the labor. the workers are free to decide if they are willing to trade their labor for the I resources I offer them or not.

Labor is just another recourse that is traded.

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
    edited October 2009

as I created the firm I decide who gets to work in it and who doesn't. I get to decide what I pay them for the labor. the workers are free to decide if they are willing to trade their labor for the I resources I offer them or not.

Labor is just another recourse that is traded.

you didn't answer any of the questions!

Quoth on
    edited October 2009
    Yes. That is reasonable. As I said, a person or organization that comes upon new ground first gets to claim it.

As nowadays all ground and all resources worldwide belonging to someone the only, legal, way to acquire them is to purchase them of the owner.

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
This discussion has been closed.