As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BORDERLANDS] The Vault Hunter: Hero or Thrill Killer?

• ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Because I'm curious, on the pc are the weapon quick slots for your 1-4 keys instead of the dpad?

Yup. And rebindable.

@ Adda It's in, haven't tried it myself.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I think I just spent two hours fighting and dying through Old Haven to get to the smokestacks. That was fucking ridiculous. Fuck you playthrough 2

Docshifty on
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Gammarah wrote: »
    So the little x1 or whatever next to an element is how often it activates, or the strength of the element? Or is it both? I only ask cause I have one sniper rifle that does 146 damage, and another that does 88 but has x3 explosive, and I'm wondering which one is better.
    It seems to be how many chances it has to activate. So a x3 has three chances to go off. It might go off once, or 3 times, or not at all.

Elemental damage seems to scale with level, regardless of the multiplier.

Also, Elemental damage info is in the OP. All you need to know!

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • GammarahGammarah Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Gammarah wrote: »
    So the little x1 or whatever next to an element is how often it activates, or the strength of the element? Or is it both? I only ask cause I have one sniper rifle that does 146 damage, and another that does 88 but has x3 explosive, and I'm wondering which one is better.
    It seems to be how many chances it has to activate. So a x3 has three chances to go off. It might go off once, or 3 times, or not at all.

Elemental damage seems to scale with level, regardless of the multiplier.

Cool, good to know. Also one more question, lets say I have a class mod that gives me +2 to the Fast Hands talent, but I don't have any points in the talent. Do I need points in the talent to get the bonus?
    Also, Elemental damage info is in the OP. All you need to know!

Well damn, missed the part with the levels in the op.

Gammarah on
  • NebulousQNebulousQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    yes, so people say

NebulousQ on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Why did they go with Gamespy. That was the dumbest decision ever. Seriously, this is horrible, nobody can join anybody else's games. My router sucks so I can't change port forward settings, and when somebody does get into a game, lag or level differences screws them.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    devoir wrote: »
    Apparently using the free trial on here: http://www.gotrusted.com/ will allow you to decrypt the files. Then set Steam to offline until Friday and you should be good to go. I will be trying this out in a few hours and will report back with more detailed instructions if necessary.

What the heck is that???

I mean, is it legit? It wants my damn CC number!!!

Works fine. I used paypal, decrypted my files, set steam to offline and I've cancelled my account. If they charge my paypal any further, I'll use paypal to revoke the transaction. Bunch of people on SA have used it.

devoir on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wow, this is just... incredible. So glad we have Gamespy instead of something good. And works. Looks like all the PC players who don't have this yet aren't missing out on anything since the game isn't working right anyway.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    PC version is unplayable crap.

Oh well - back to the 360!

Sokpuppet on
  • MaskirovkaMaskirovka Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Metallikat wrote: »
    I can't even start my copy of Borderlands. Pre-loaded, activated, but when I go to start it I get a message saying it's not available yet?

Restart Steam...worked for me.

Maskirovka on
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So, I just played Brick for a little bit, but wasn't feeling it. I don't liek shot guns in FPS, I was using his pistol more then anything. so I am switching to Roland for Single Player.

Is there anyway to skip the intro? I don't want to have to sit through this again when I start a MP with my friend.

And why are people saying it's unplayable? I'm playing just fine.

DrunkMc on
  • noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Seriously, why do they(Developers/Publishers) keep making it so hard/frustrating for legitimate PC customers?

noobert on
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Holy mother of fuck. I love the Boomstick like ET loves Reece's Pieces.

I've yet to encounter anything that it doesn't turn to chum.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    So, I just played Brick for a little bit, but wasn't feeling it. I don't liek shot guns in FPS, I was using his pistol more then anything. so I am switching to Roland for Single Player.

Is there anyway to skip the intro? I don't want to have to sit through this again when I start a MP with my friend.

Tons of folks aren't able to host a game, so a bunch of people are stuck waiting for someone who can host or playing solo. Just normal Gamespy bullshit.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh, and uh... how's the PC version? I was considering picking it up in addition to the 360 one that I've been playing, so I can game with my PC brothers, but I'm hearing a lot of complaints about the PC version sucking.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Tons of folks aren't able to host a game, so a bunch of people are stuck waiting for someone who can host or playing solo. Just normal Gamespy bullshit.

Hey, was I on with you earlier? If so sorry I had to bug out so quickly, I had to go sort out some s/o stuff. I really couldn't hear you very well through the mic either, but I don't know if that was the connection, the mic,or my headset or what have you.

Johannen on
    edited October 2009
    Oh, and uh... how's the PC version? I was considering picking it up in addition to the 360 one that I've been playing, so I can game with my PC brothers, but I'm hearing a lot of complaints about the PC version sucking.

The game itself is okay. Gamespy is utter shit, however. It makes co-op nigh impossible. Also the beginning has unskippable videos but you can get rid of those by editing some stuff.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, Mordecai is pretty badass, I just need to ratchet up my accuracy to crank up my crits. 500 bloodhawk damage at level 13 is badass

gunwarrior on
  • polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wow, I was out sick for 3/5 days last week and you guys jumped 1.5 threads. Nice!

It's a real shame to hear about all the PC woes. It almost makes me less frustrated at the paperweight I used to call a gaming PC that's been sitting on my floor for a year. Not trying to sound dickish about that, honest! Before my PC went kaput I'd always go with that version over the console, given the choice (mostly for KB+M controls). But given the continued tradition of launch-day issues, and the seemingly increasing amount of PC "port-jobs", I'm finding that I miss it less and less. That being said, I'd still be playing plenty of games on the PC if I still had a viable, working one. All this crap does make one stop and think before purchasing nowadays, though.

But enough of that - I've got a level 24 Siren now and a 12 Soldier. I'll be out of work in an hour and will be ready to shoot mans with anyone else willing.

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hmm... sounds like I'll hold off a few days until this stuff gets sorted. Too many good games to risk throwing good money after bad.

If not, there's always the PS3 version.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    devoir wrote: »
    Apparently using the free trial on here: http://www.gotrusted.com/ will allow you to decrypt the files. Then set Steam to offline until Friday and you should be good to go. I will be trying this out in a few hours and will report back with more detailed instructions if necessary.

Meh. I think I'll just wait until friday. Perhaps by then they will upload the correct version of the game to australian users.

Not enough facepalm in the world for the cavalcade of fuckmuppetry this game's launch has been.

-SPI- on
  • Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just want to say sorry to ignoring many of the game invites I've been getting over live. You guys catch me when I'm playing with my brother and friends. But do not hesitate to invite me whenever, I should be available most of the time.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
    edited October 2009
    Johannen wrote: »

Hey, was I on with you earlier? If so sorry I had to bug out so quickly, I had to go sort out some s/o stuff. I really couldn't hear you very well through the mic either, but I don't know if that was the connection, the mic,or my headset or what have you.

Wasn't me. I haven't been able to get anybody on a game at all.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I mean is it really that fucking hard to get it to work or pick a multiplayer content delivery service that doesn't suck balls?

Really?

Senshi on
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Riale and I have a game up if you wanna join, he's level 2 I'm 7, just hanging around while he levels up.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • MarekMarek Lurker Pro A screen door... factoryRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, I received my 360 copy of this in the mail from my pre-order today, but my 360 is still in Mesquite, TX getting un-RRoD'd (tm). In my boredom, I noticed that the game case has a reversible slide in cover. Anyone else notice this? Why don't more games do this?

Marek on
    XBL: Jason Marek
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    gamespy id xmojojoeox.

if anyone wants to mix it up.

jus saying

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Aaaah, it was John Zoidberg

Johannen on
  • aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Canceled my Steam Pre-Order. Which was supposed to be released already, until they bumped it up by 3 days.

Hearing that they use fucking GameSpy for the Co-Op, and that the interface suffers from console-port syndrome helped my decision. I've about had it with shitty ports.

aunsoph on
  • GarrisGarris Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OMG my wife called and found a copy, I LOVE HER SO MUCH, she's gonna get such atreat when she get home OWOOOOOO

Garris on
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Look the PC version isn't that bad. I'm playing Co-op through gamespy right now. Its not the most ideal but far from terrible. Really it isn't that bad at all.

TheGerbil on
  • noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Aussies/Euros PC gamers who want to play this game, there are several known work arounds.

Is it ok to post them here?

noobert on
  • UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What ports do you need to open to get the multi hosting to work?

EDIT: Found it at http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=1580601.
    Follow the instructions provided. The ports you need to open are:

7777 (TCP/UDP)
    28900 (TCP)
    27900 (UDP)
    28910 (TCP)
    28902 - not in the readme, but opening this port helped alot of people

This should probably be in the OP.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • ChalkbotChalkbot Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I just called Best Buy to see if they had it in stock before I drove over there. They said they haven't recieved any copies of the game (PC) and were hoping to get 30 in the next 2 weeks sometime. Wow, guess I can skip this and move right on to Dragon Age then, right?

Chalkbot on
  • elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Gamespy just hosts the master server people, they didn't code the multiplayer part of the game. They might lie about how many players there are, but all they do is give you the IP to connect to. Gamespy hosts master servers for more games than you think, and it works in them very well. Civ 4, Dawn of War 1, UT 1-3, and Battlefield all use Gamespy to host master servers, and no one complains about it in those games

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So apparently it doesn't like alt-tabbing.

I just came to check what the Aim Assist option is I see, and whether or not that needs to be on.

LavaKnight on
    edited October 2009
    Johannen wrote: »

Wasn't me. I haven't been able to get anybody on a game at all.

Ninja Snarl P on
    edited October 2009
    LavaKnight wrote: »
    So apparently it doesn't like alt-tabbing.

I just came to check what the Aim Assist option is I see, and whether or not that needs to be on.

I have a pretty beefy computer and alt-tabbing works fine for me.

Artreus on
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Alt+Enter takes you to windowed and that'll help the alt-tabbing.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Am I the only one who would gladly pay for a Tremors themed DLC? I am sure I am not alone in this.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
This discussion has been closed.