As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hates, Hopes, Happies, Hard Modes, and Harpies

1636465666769»

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    though, in a pug, i prefer to just stick to my assigned role and not deviate from it.

in your situation, if you had been able to pick up both the extra add and the whelps, then you should have done so, but otherwise you should have just remained on whelps. not that that excuses the other tank, but you can't blame the raid for at least partially blaming you for the whelps killing people. tanks arbritrarily switching their tasks only ever causes problems.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Congratulations Basren! You're worth a damn!

Happy: Ran a mixed, PuG/alt/guildie run of Ony10. 2 shotted her, and while I was last on DPS (except on big whelp packs, where i shot past my wife. Hooray Blizzard!) I wasn't behind by much and still put out respectable numbers. Especially for having dinged 80 on Saturday.

Hate: Did H-ToC5, with guild alt group. My wife tanked on her main. The healer was a primarily prot pally, though his healing gear is decentish and he knows how to heal. The problem is he had just gotten a new UI, x-perl i think. So we sat around for 5-10 minutes between pulls while he changed things. Wiped on champs once too.

Happy: Cloth hat and robe dropped for mage. Goodbye T7 2pc. I hardly knew ye.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Basren DragonsnackBasren Dragonsnack Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    though, in a pug, i prefer to just stick to my assigned role and not deviate from it.

in your situation, if you had been able to pick up both the extra add and the whelps, then you should have done so, but otherwise you should have just remained on whelps. not that that excuses the other tank, but you can't blame the raid for at least partially blaming you for the whelps killing people. tanks arbritrarily switching their tasks only ever causes problems.

I would agree with this to a certain extent. And when the blame turned on me I apologized and explained the situation. I do agree that at the simplest level, its my fault. The whelps killed people, and I am whelp tank. But I feel that when I explained why I was not sitting in the middle waiting for whelps but rather sitting at the top tanking the add that was untanked killing people, the blame should have shifted. Also, I tried to pick up as many whelps as possible while not dragging the add through the raid.

Basren Dragonsnack on
    PSN: Scotty85
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    yep, in this particular situation you werent entirely at fault but as a general guide whenever in a PuG just stick to your assignment. deviating from it will probaly only cause a wipe even if you're trying to cover for another tank...just let the wipe happen let them realise he's a terrible tank and replace him.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Edgler VessEdgler Vess Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hate: Went to a new server to go hang with a few of my cousins, rolled a new rogue (class I hadnt played before) had a ton of fun, got into my cousin's guild.....then promptly got thrown out after I said something over guild chat that the items in bank shouldnt be arranged like a Nazi symbol, they said I was over-reacting...I said racism is bad....sad that I cant play with my cousins now though.

Edgler Vess on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Hate: We had set up 3 10 man ToC Heroic groups last thursday. All three groups were geared mains. I got left with Group 3, who didn't have everyone on at the time. So it was planned for Monday.

The second tank and one of the DPS pugged it on Sunday night.

I was less than thrilled about this.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy: It's Isle of Conquest weekend this week!

Hope: People in 70-79 actually queue for it, I haven't managed to play it once yet and I'd really like to hit 80 on my TBC Warrior.

815165 on
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy - Strange lag/disconenct issues i was having on the weekend appear to be gone. Managed to do a Wintergrasp without any disconnects.

Funny - Tanked HToC for my brudddah, and realized 5 seconds into faction champs I hadn't levelled my swords up yet after winning the chainsword finally last week.

/go go sheild toss
    /concecrate
    /hotr
    /your swords has increased to 372
    /oh snap

All's well though, no one pulled agro and I got up to about 390 :p

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The best thing is if you're an easy mode paladin tank, you don't even need weapon skill and you'll be fine as long as you're not with really geared dps. I actually skilled up a weapon skill from 1 to 400 while tanking chain heroics when we were fresh 80s. Between consecrate/holy shield and shield slam, missing all my auto attacks and HotRs was merely an inconvenience.

Now that I'm a Warrior, after dinging 80 after using nothing but my 2 heirloom 2 handed axes while levelling, I bought a green sword/mace/axe and hung out in violet hold beating on mobs for about 2 hours to skill them up so I didn't run into a similar situation, lol.

Joshmvii on
This discussion has been closed.