As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAXsassins

• HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Groovy, got my target.

The hunt starts soon.

Highfire on
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Oh man i totally know who my target is, oh man

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    *this dossier will self-destruct in 5 seconds...JUST KIDDING!*

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Good question. If your target is a no-show, we've got a problem. At PAX itself, there's really no way to solve that problem. I'll bring a list of everyone to the show, and publish a pic of myself. If your target just isn't there after Day 1, find me and I'll assign you a replacement.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    ctishman wrote:
    Good question. If your target is a no-show, we've got a problem. At PAX itself, there's really no way to solve that problem. I'll bring a list of everyone to the show, and publish a pic of myself. If your target just isn't there after Day 1, find me and I'll assign you a replacement.
    Should be similar to the appeals process, we could call you and check in.

*ninja edit*

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited August 2005
    I'll have my cell phone at the show. My number is (541)-556-6448. Y'all might want to write that down.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Programmed into my cell's memory. Thanks.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    ummm... i never got a dossier for myself, just for super...

Nephirij on
    edited August 2005
    Resent

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • MrPulsarMrPulsar Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    ctishman, I know when we take someones watch we take the paper for their hunt. But I was wondering, do we call you and let you know they are out of the game, or do we just wait until the end of day 3 and keep onto their watch? Thanks.

MrPulsar on
    edited August 2005
    How do you suggest we do it? I'd considered having people call after kills myself.

Does everyone think calling in's a good idea?

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited August 2005
    ctishman wrote:
    How do you suggest we do it? I'd considered having people call after kills myself.

Does everyone think calling in's a good idea?

That would help. But if you or that person was in a game. It'd be a pain in the ass to do so.

Besides, what if right after the call someone kills you?

Maybe if every one just checks in after the doors close eachday. And say if they've killed, been killed, or just still in. It'd make it eazser.

I don't know, Dose everyone think that would work for them?

Highfire on
    edited August 2005
    well i dont have a cell phone sooooooo

Element Brian on

Arch,
    edited August 2005
    Well, I like Highfires idea. I vote that after every day of PAX, the PAXsassins meet somewhere together and do a sort of update, maybe a hotel room or something. If you don't like that, we could just call ctishman after the days end like Highfires idea. The first one wouldn't work if ctishman doesn't want the assassins to see each other without a dossier.

MrPulsar on
    edited August 2005
    We should definitely all meet up after the game's over.

Raiden333 on
    edited August 2005
    How 'bout this: Players who have made successful kills call in to my cell at close of doors (or whenever you leave the Meydenbauer to catch a few hours of tenuous sleep before going at it again).

It'll probably be off, because I'm an early-to-bed-early-to-rise type, but I'll get the messages, which should be like this:

"This is __________. Day Two Report. Today I successfully assassinated _________, _________ and ____________.

In all, I hold the watches of ___________, ___________, ___________, ___________, ___________, ___________ and ________________."

The reason for the assassin to make the call at end-of-day is that it allows defeated players to relax and enjoy the expo itself, while those still in the game can worry about play mechanics.

I'll bring a chart of who's after whom, and will be sanity-checking kill reports, so don't fudge it.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited August 2005
    That Sounds good ctishman. But real quick, we take the watches from the person we assassinated, say he has assassinated two people, then you assassinated him, you take the watches of his kills too?

MrPulsar on
    edited August 2005
    MrPulsar wrote:
    That Sounds good ctishman. But real quick, we take the watches from the person we assassinated, say he has assassinated two people, then you assassinated him, you take the watches of his kills too?

You win by getting all the watchs, so yes you do.

Highfire on
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I think the phone calls are a fine idea. Also, we could use this thread for updates. Between cell phones and internet access, we should be able to stay informed.

As far as I can see it, sharing information on who has been assassinated doesn't help/hurt anyone. The only exception would be assassinated players letting their former targets know who the target's current assassin is (and more importantly what they look like). Of course, that would be unsportsmanlike...

But, the game should pretty much just play itself out without too much interference. As soon as you kill the person who is trying to kill you, you've won.

Correct me if I've said anything you disagree with.

DJBreslin on
  • LogicLBLogicLB Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    This sounds like a job for:

Central Inteligence
    LogicLB wrote:
    We could try to build a website with registered targets, and then we could update it during the event.

We could have a central intelligence of sorts. So after you kill a target; you report your kill into intelligence, and intelligence would assign you a new target. As well as stamping "Terminated" over the target's picture on the website.

Communication with intelligence could be through text messages, emails, instant message, or whatever else.

It would be helpful to have a single place for everyone to obtain information. Let me dream up a system and see if we can get something usefull going.

LogicLB on
    renton_tracks.jpg
  • TheresaTheresa Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Sounds awesome.

I am still amazed how the ninjas recieved my picture for this without me sending any information. @_@

Ok. I guess it's not that amazing.

Theresa on
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited August 2005
    Theresa wrote:
    Sounds awesome.

I am still amazed how the ninjas recieved my picture for this without me sending any information. @_@

Ok. I guess it's not that amazing.
    I hope they got a real picture and not one of NotASenator's photoshop edits. :P

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
    edited August 2005
    DJBreslin wrote:
    But, the game should pretty much just play itself out without too much interference.

Correct me if I've said anything you disagree with.

I disagree with myself... and it leads to a question. Because we can counterkill, we can create an undesirable situation where someone's target is no longer on the field. If the assignments were handed out correctly (i.e., circularly), a counterkill should be the only situation that causes the game to need a helping hand.

What will we do if a counterkill happens? It would seem to me that a daily check-in would not be enough.

Suggestion: Counterkills must be reported immediately so that ctishman can inform the then orphaned assassin to target someone new (namely, the counterkiller). Even then, communication will probably be slow enough to make the counterkill painful to the orphaned assassin.

Or... perhaps I'm missing something that makes this all simpler. Hopefully no counterkills will happen...

DJBreslin on
    edited August 2005
    if your target has no watch on, then it is assumed that he has been counter-killed. you can then approach the target, and ask for his most currnet dossier. you will then have a new target.

Nephirij on
    edited August 2005
    Hmmm... now I feel like a bit of an ass, because that's right in the rulebook.

I fear I will be assassinated early, due to slowness of the brain... and perhaps a touch of old age.

DJBreslin on
  • doczerodoczero Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Aye DJ, I feel the cold hand of age upon my watch even now.

A satchel full of Bawls might keep her back until after the siege.

Doczero
    Aaron@gamertransit.com

doczero on
    =
    Where there is no love,
    Nothing is possible.
    =
  • AndwarfAndwarf Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    But... wait... again, us folk without cellphones can't phone in...

So you'll be missing a significant portion of kills.

Andwarf on
    Most inanimate objects find me at least mildly agreeable!
    edited August 2005
    Borrow one.

Payphone.

Call from hotel.

Raiden333 on
    edited August 2005
    in three ddays, the deaths of my enemies shall commence, and upon the laast day, someone shall be champion. in three days, let the carnage begin.

Nephirij on
    edited August 2005
    Death to your enemies! May their severed heads sit atop pikes outside your house until the crows and maggots have had their fill!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    ctishman wrote:
    Death to your enemies! May their severed heads sit atop pikes outside your house until the crows and maggots have had their fill!

Have you checked your email lately?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • TheresaTheresa Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    ARE YOU READY?!? haha

Theresa on
    edited August 2005
    Oh man part of me wishes i didnt have a job so that i could attend all 3 days of pax and still be able to do this, then again the other part is fucking glad i have a job because im getting my ds today huzzza

Element Brian on

Arch,
  • DeidraDeidra Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Oh man, I need a DS.... maybe I'll just come`home with one for me and the bf... he can't say no if I buy them right?

Deidra on
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
    edited August 2005
    My watch is on... and I haven't seen a single other person with a watch. Most notably, I haven't seen my target. Does anyone have any progress to report?

DJBreslin on
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I saw someone this afternoon with a watch on.

GeeCee on
    edited August 2005
    GeeCee wrote:
    I saw someone this afternoon with a watch on.

It was probably me! :|

DJBreslin on
  • kolekole Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    my wife and cousin were "killed," so the game is on. [by the same ninja]

i haven't seen many watches, but then again, i'm to busy looking at and playing games.

i haven't found my target yet... yet...

kole on
    edited August 2005
    kole wrote:
    my wife and cousin were "killed," so the game is on. [by the same ninja]

i haven't seen many watches, but then again, i'm to busy looking at and playing games.

i haven't found my target yet... yet...

Well, that's good to hear. I wasn't going to bother wearing my watch today.

DJBreslin on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2005
    I've spent two days trying to spot my target, with no joy, so I think I got a phantom target. A bit disappointing really since it had the potential to be a lot of fun.

I saw quite a few watches floating around on Friday, but only a handful today. Whether that was through assination or attritition I'm not sure though.

Unknown User on