As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wii Thread?

• BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I can

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2007
    I still haven't beat Zelda and I bought a wii at launch

I did beat ultimate alliance though

DJ Eebs on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    I tried to play Ultimate Alliance but the camera started spinning all out so I said "Fuck, I'll wait until I get a 360"

Garlic Bread on
  • KevarKevar regular
    edited March 2007
    "Simply: it's brilliant - and one of the best games we've ever played." - CVG on Super Paper Mario

can't wait until April 9th. been kinda disappointed with Wii .. not playing it much, but Super Paper Mario will make it all better

Kevar on
  • As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You know how to control the camera right?

It's actually quite intuitive if unless you have someone else fighting you for an angle.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • MenaceMenace regular
    edited March 2007
    yeah, the nunchuck controls the camera thing is pretty bad

Menace on
  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I love it when someone says something perfectly rational, yet slightly critical of Nintendo in G&T. The screams of "TROOOOOOOOLLLLL" can be heard for miles.

I love my Wii, but it would be nice if there were more than one game out that I felt was worth purchasing.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Super Paper Mario is going to be rad.

Zek on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh and I finally bought Jungle Beat
    Overall I am very happy with my purchase and I haven't even bought Zelda yet

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    the wii right now is just "play games you played last year! now with 100% more awful control scheme!"

or "we just heard the Wii is actually selling and we made a game based off the first idea we thought of! plus: travel back in time with our 2001 graphics!"

Garlic Bread on
  • Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    God, I can not wait for that game.

I'm gonna do the combo jumping forever and ever just to see the shy guys cheer me on.

Anime Owns on
  • MenaceMenace regular
    edited March 2007
    Arsenic7 wrote: »
    You know how to control the camera right?

It's actually quite intuitive if unless you have someone else fighting you for an angle.

the problem is you often forget that it does that and relax your hand, so it starts spinning

Menace on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Menace wrote: »
    yeah, the nunchuck controls the camera thing is pretty bad

Man what

UA had awesome camera control

Green on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    the wii right now is just "play games you played last year! now with 100% more awful control scheme!"

or "we just heard the Wii is actually selling and we made a game based off the first idea we thought of! plus: travel back in time with our 2001 graphics!"

I fully expect the majority of excellent Wii games to be Nintendo titles for the first year or so. After that maybe we'll start to see some results from games that started development post-E3, i.e. when the Wii started to look pretty awesome.

Zek on
    edited March 2007
    look, i get that "graphics aren't everything"

but they do make a game more fun if they look good

and just because they're not the selling point doesn't mean you ignore them completely

Garlic Bread on
  • KevarKevar regular
    edited March 2007

basically, every system in the first few launch months

not that I disagree. lot of shit coming out for the system. but oh well. Trauma Center and Zelda are basically the best games on the system. there's a bunch of mediocre stuff, and maybe one or two of those will really appeal to someone .. like, I liked Elebits pretty well .. but yeah. super paper mario is the only must-have since Wario Ware or Zelda & Trauma Center back at launch.

Kevar on
  • Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    but it's so easy to port those psp textures

Anime Owns on
    edited March 2007

and just because they're not the selling point doesn't mean you ignore them completely

Graphics don't matter unless the Gamecube version of a game has superior graphics.

See: Resident Evil 4

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I honestly just don't have a problem with wii graphics. I mean, most of the stuff I want to play on it realy doesn't rely on graphics anyway, or at least nothing beyond the already great cartoony 3d look. Games like Trauma Center and Warioware really don't call for the most intense of graphic capabilities.

Captain Cthulhu on
    edited March 2007

Graphics don't matter unless the Gamecube version of a game has superior graphics.

thank you G&T

Garlic Bread on
    edited March 2007
    I honestly just don't have a problem with wii graphics. I mean, most of the stuff I want to play on it realy doesn't rely on graphics anyway, or at least nothing beyond the already great cartoony 3d look. Games like Trauma Center and Warioware really don't call for the most intense of graphic capabilities.

look

i love cartoony styles

but not when that's the only style that doesn't look like microwaved shit

and yeah, it's all "it doesn't have to look pretty!" and then you look at 360/PS3 games and think "oh wow, wii games look awful"

Garlic Bread on
    edited March 2007

thank you G&T

I remember when someone made a thread specifically calling them on that point.
    G&T wrote:
    Well, in that game, graphics really are important to the overall experience, etc.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
    edited March 2007
    Keith
    Will you be getting Battalion Wars when it comes out?

BusterK on
    edited March 2007
    BusterK wrote: »
    Keith
    Will you be getting Battalion Wars when it comes out?

maybe

maybe not

I never played the first one

Garlic Bread on
    edited March 2007
    and the games they port to Wii aren't even the ones that would work well

Killer 7 was fucking terrible but would be all right on the Wii

I enjoyed Geist a lot but it looked like shit, so maybe have Retro make Geist 2

Garlic Bread on
    edited March 2007
    You should give it a try
    It's pretty good
    I'm playing it on my Wii

BusterK on
  • AHH!AHH! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah my Wii is just there in case I feel like watching Youtube and not get off the couch.

AHH! on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Apparently the Wii Godfather game's motion controls actually add to the experience, and they throw in more missions and weapons and stuff.

I get scared when EA does good things.

Bloods End on
    edited March 2007

look

i love cartoony styles

and yeah, it's all "it doesn't have to look pretty!" and then you look at 360/PS3 games and think "oh wow, wii games look awful"

Yeah, I mean, I know its just me, but I just personally only have a wii for the games I can't get anywhere else, which are pretty much just the cartoony ones.

Captain Cthulhu on
    edited March 2007

look

i love cartoony styles

Yeah, I mean, I know its just me, but I just personally only have a wii for the games I can't get anywhere else, which are pretty much just the cartoony ones.

Yeah

It's like "Oh hey, the Wii version of that could have fun controls! Nope, it doesn't! Might as well get it for 360."

Garlic Bread on
    edited March 2007

thank you G&T

I remember when someone made a thread specifically calling them on that point.
    G&T wrote:
    Well, in that game, graphics really are important to the overall experience, etc.

all of G&T going "OMG NIGHTS FOR WII IT'S GOING TO BE SO AWESOME OMGGGGG"

maybe like 5 people actually played the first one

Garlic Bread on
    edited March 2007
    I"ll buy it. I played the crap out of the first one. I loved sega saturn, even though I didn't buy it until the price dropped to like $20 and the games were going for $5 a piece. But played the crap out of Nights, Virtual On and Last Bronx, those were some bitchin' games.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If the console's shit then why can't I even find one (two) to reject!

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Dely Apple wrote: »
    If the console's shit then why can't I even find one (two) to reject!

because Nintendo apparently learned to advertise effectively

Garlic Bread on
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    <3 Keith, I will buy you sushi or give you hugs or something. <3

I saw this thread (at three pages! how did it get that big without me seeing it?) and I was like "hmm, I wonder if the novelty/fad has worn off enough yet that I won't be the only one pointing out the glaring flaws" and then I come in here and you are saying some hilarious stuff. :^: duder!

Defender on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm really bad at saying when graphics are good.

Like I can't really tell the difference between Gears of War and Halo 2.

Unless it's 64 graphics it all looks the same to me.

Bloods End on
    edited March 2007
    i notice the flaws in everything

everything but myself

Garlic Bread on
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I hear wiis are still in short supply

Mortal Kombat was supposed to be out by now

I'm quickly running out of things to do in DBZ

Mortal Kombat is supposed to be out in May I think.

It looks really cool. You pull off all the special attacks with the Wiimote or you could even vouch to use the GameCube or Classic Controller if you want to.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    <3 Keith, I will buy you sushi or give you hugs or something. <3

I saw this thread (at three pages! how did it get that big without me seeing it?) and I was like "hmm, I wonder if the novelty/fad has worn off enough yet that I won't be the only one pointing out the glaring flaws" and then I come in here and you are saying some hilarious stuff. :^: duder!

ahaha, I was just about to comment on the three pages without Defender

h5

Green on
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Lol, Zelda + Waggle.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
This discussion has been closed.