As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Taking fair bets...

TeburninatorTeburninator Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Penny Arcade Games
...on when they announce episode 3. I'd bet it would be on October 31st, since Halloween seems like a good time to announce a game with...
Dr.Blood
That or the Apocalypse. And we all know when that is:winky:...
SUNDAY SUNDAY SOMEDAY
Any thoughts? Hunches? Bets? Wagers?

Teburninator on

• Options
    MaliegerMalieger Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'd bet sometime in November.

Malieger on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think the question involves "if" as opposed to "when".

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Htown wrote: »
    I think the question involves "if" as opposed to "when".

Ah, you're late for the party! There's sort of been an announcement, of the announcement for the release date..." "When you hear the announcement, you'll be like 'oooooh.' It'll make sense." Holkins articulately added, "You'll feel vigor in all of your limbs." We're fairly certain that's a good thing. "

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/04/penny-arcade-adventures-ep-3-announcement-not-coming-at-pax/

Teburninator on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Gawd I hope I am wrong about this new revised bet but...I don't think they will be releasing thier game this year. Just a hunch but, there are about 1 billion games coming out and adding one more won't be good for business. So I'm guessing it will be out next September? Hopefully, this year but who knows...? Here's to every second I wait for this game. :D

Teburninator on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The first one came out on May 21st, the second on October 29th (according to Wiki), so even with a small sample it seems they'll probably release them whenever they're good and ready. One during what I believe to normally be a bit of a slump, and another during what's often the ramp up to a glut for the holidays.. yeah, no telling with guys like these.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Delicious SteveDelicious Steve Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The second game didn't have as much fanfare. I'm under the impression that the October release, combined with the fact that the only place I saw it mentioned was once at the end of Tycho's blog post, means it didn't sell too well.

Also, the comment was about PA: Adventures, not that it would be Episode 3. I recall something about the plan they would fall back on if the games weren't successful, to tie the story up neatly.

I mean, I hope we'll get the next 2 games, but something tells me it won't happen.

Delicious Steve on
  • Options
    dlsimondlsimon Registered User new member
    edited October 2009
    Halloween seems like a good day to announce Ep 3 (although that would be on a Saturday - maybe 10/30 instead?). Otherwise, I can't think of another day that would make sense based on Tycho's comments on the timing.

Did they officially say the series was planned for 4 parts? Or could they end up doing a 3-part instead and have the 4th baddie wrapped up in the 3rd ep as well?

dlsimon on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    dlsimon wrote: »
    Halloween seems like a good day to announce Ep 3 (although that would be on a Saturday - maybe 10/30 instead?). Otherwise, I can't think of another day that would make sense based on Tycho's comments on the timing.

Did they officially say the series was planned for 4 parts? Or could they end up doing a 3-part instead and have the 4th baddie wrapped up in the 3rd ep as well?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Arcade_Adventures:_On_the_Rain-Slick_Precipice_of_Darkness
    According to the wikipedia article it is in four episodes. I also recall it being said somewhere else, just can't remember right now. Again, I'm not sure if releasing it now would be a wise business practice, however bad I want it to come out, it might be safer to release it say the start of summer or maybe my birthday (in may). :lol:

Teburninator on