As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Office thread: Shove it up your butt!

• JasocoJasoco Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Now that this branch has opened, is someone gonna lock the other one? I guess I'll just post here until it happens.

Such a good episode. My god.

I have to watch it again. I'm sure I missed something.

Jasoco on
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I was okay with Pam's overboard reaction, what I don't get is Jim just sitting there while she's tearing into Michael. That was definitely a check your bitch moment, especially as he's also a boss. Get her out of that room dude, physically if necessary, it's for her own good.

I also don't understand why Toby said he couldn't force her to go home for the day to cool off, as her behaviour was definitely affecting the work environment.

HyphyKezzy on
    steam_sig.png
  • JasocoJasoco Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, Jim would have had to leave too to drop her off. How far do they live now?

Jasoco on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    He's mostly been hands off with her in terms of being her boss, so it made sense that he didn't try to drag her out of the room or anything.

Robos A Go Go on
  • KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    HyphyKezzy wrote: »
    I was okay with Pam's overboard reaction, what I don't get is Jim just sitting there while she's tearing into Michael. That was definitely a check your bitch moment, especially as he's also a boss. Get her out of that room dude, physically if necessary, it's for her own good.

I also don't understand why Toby said he couldn't force her to go home for the day to cool off, as her behaviour was definitely affecting the work environment.

Best part of Pam overreacting? Seeing Stanley get into the "No more meetings!" cheer. He looks so happy!

Kiwi on
  • TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    And the deleted scene with Erin and the candy really adds to the theme that no one really likes Erin in the office because she's too nice. I would have thought they would have Andy be around the desk all the time ala Jim and Pam.

Is there anywhere to watch the deleted scene in Canada? Global only has full episodes.

The deleted scenes on nbc.com work. It's just the full episodes that won't play.

Huh, they do in fact work. I remember trying to view deleted scenes on NBC's site a while back and basically being told that the CRTC wouldn't allow it (not in those words). It did work now though.
    Thanks for the heads up on that.

TubularLuggage on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Also, I must say I felt Dwight gave up just a little too easy, but then he vindicated himself by showing off the second bug. I wonder if Jim would have figured out the second bug if he hadn't been distracted by the Pam/Michael thing.

Undead Scottsman on
  • flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

...Check your bitch? Seriously?

flamebroiledchicken on
    y59kydgzuja4.png
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I loved this episode. Pam crying and yelling was awesome.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Richy wrote: »
    I loved this episode. Pam crying and yelling was awesome.

I too thought it was great...and well, yeah I would've reacted the same way. It's Michael. I am happy when he gets things right but only coz he's wrong ALL the damn time.

electricitylikesme on
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Why does everyone hate Erin? She never done anything to noone.

Casually Hardcore on
    edited October 2009
    Andy and Kelly like her well enough.

Robos A Go Go on
  • YarYar Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pam crying and yelling wasn't great. Sure, she's a great actor, and when the realization came across her face it was perfect. But after that they ran with the "let's pretend it's a 12-yr-old girl and her new step-dad arguing" joke WAY too long, until it wasn't entertaining or believable anymore.

Yar on
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Sometimes. If I'm acting a damn fool she better try and put me in check as well, it's part of being there for each other.

HyphyKezzy on
    steam_sig.png
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Erin is... man, this episode highlighted how weird she is I think.

INeedNoSalt on
  • HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Sometimes. If I'm acting a damn fool she better try and put me in check as well, it's part of being there for each other.

...uh. OK. Listen, what you said was fucked up, no matter how much you backpeddle about it now.

Pam's reaction was pretty hilarious and believable. Michael Scott had been making her life a special kind of hell all season (the toast at the wedding alone!). This was a last straw moment if there ever was one.

Hachface on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Erin is... man, this episode highlighted how weird she is I think.

watch the web clips on hulu

everyone dislikes her for no good reason

nexuscrawler on
    edited October 2009
    Well like, refusing to put out candy until she got permission

Weird

INeedNoSalt on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    The episode where Dwight shows off his Second Life character is great.

"It's basically like me, but I can fly."

Nerdgasmic on
    edited October 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

i guess it was pretty telling that dwight is perfectly content with his life and jim's character is totally different than real jim :P

INeedNoSalt on
    edited October 2009

i guess it was pretty telling that dwight is perfectly content with his life and jim's character is totally different than real jim :P

I hadn't considered that, but that's totally true.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Depends on how you look at it. On one hand, you have the idea that Dwight is satified with his life (well, aside from being unable to fly.) where-as Jim isn't. On the other hand, you could say that Dwight just has no imagination and fails to see Second Life as an opportunity to explore other possibilties, where-as Jim does.

Undead Scottsman on
    edited October 2009
    Oh man, the dinner party episode is almost as embarrassing as an episode of the Office UK.

Nerdgasmic on
    edited October 2009

Depends on how you look at it. On one hand, you have the idea that Dwight is satified with his life (well, aside from being unable to fly.) where-as Jim isn't. On the other hand, you could say that Dwight just has no imagination and fails to see Second Life as an opportunity to explore other possibilties, where-as Jim does.

Dwight has tons of imagination. He imagines so many things. Like, at least one crazy thing per episode.

Robos A Go Go on
  • ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Speaking of the UK Office, I love those commercials Ricky Gervais does about it airing on Adult Swim. Like the one I just saw, where he says that he plays Steve Carell's character, then gets this exasperated look.

Shaggy on
    edited October 2009
    I think I reached the cringe singularity when Garreth considered taking that doll over to the girl Tim had just broken up with.

Nerdgasmic on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I think I reached the cringe singularity when Garreth considered taking that doll over to the girl Tim had just broken up with.

Probably my favorite Gareth moment is when he tells the girl to make Tim use a rubber if she's going to want him (Gareth) to go "in there" *points at her vagina*.

KalTorak on
    edited October 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »

Probably my favorite Gareth moment is when he tells the girl to make Tim use a rubber if she's going to want him (Gareth) to go "in there" *points at her vagina*.

Kisses for quid? What do you for a tenner, eh?

*five minutes of total silence save for grunting while he mimes some humping*

Nerdgasmic on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Dwight has tons of imagination. He imagines so many things. Like, at least one crazy thing per episode.

I invented a device which allows you to get 5 and a half hamburgers from a horse, without killing it.

electricitylikesme on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    I still have no idea where that fedora came from.

It was Kevin's.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited October 2009
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    a5ehren on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Girl bullies are the worst. Michael should have his girlfriend stand up to her....

....oh wait.

These deleted scenes for some reason triggered a story that was cut from Season 5 where Phyllis and Bob apparently ran over and killed someone in Florida, and there was something about a trial and they got aquitted, it completely changed her character for me.

TexiKen on
    edited October 2009
    Girl bullies are the worst. Michael should have his girlfriend stand up to her....

....oh wait.

These deleted scenes for some reason triggered a story that was cut from Season 5 where Phyllis and Bob apparently ran over and killed someone in Florida, and there was something about a trial and they got aquitted, it completely changed her character for me.

Wait, what? Was that subplot filmed?

Robos A Go Go on
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, it was a running bit in the deleted scenes from Season 5. They're on the discs. I think it started in the "Ethics" episode at the beginning of the season.

TexiKen on
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    On the 'no one likes Erin' bit, apparently her and Kelly are making a girl group together in some kind of webisode special thing.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/10/28/the-office-exclusive-video-mindy-kaling/

Raynaga on
    edited October 2009
    wow......gold spandex.......

TexiKen on
  • KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    wow......gold spandex.......

Dude, that's not gold spandex. THIS is gold spandex:

I'm so sorry.

Kiwi on
  • TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Great Creed moment.

Michael: Oh come on, I could get a fish for 5 cents for a worm.
    Creed: Wow, you're paying way too much for worms. Who's your worm guy?

TubularLuggage on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh my god. The webisodes are fan fucking tastic.

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage