As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]ulator

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, I mean, it's possible that would work for you wally, but taking acutaine is going to work for anyone. You just have to get your blood drawn every month and you can't get pregnant or else you'll give birth to an alien.

Winky on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm telling you, vitamin E and hot compresses along with washing your face daily.

This isn't an anecdote, this is what several dermatologists have recommended for the dwellers in the deep.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    I know thos zits Hakks.

Fuck those zits.

Put vitamin E on it followed by a hot compress for 15 minutes every night before you go to bed. They'll stop hurting so much and clear up in a couple of days.

They go away in a couple days anyway.

Quid on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hakks, you should look at pictures of puppies and other fuzzy animals. It will make you feel better.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm telling you, vitamin E and hot compresses along with washing your face daily.

This isn't an anecdote, this is what several dermatologists have recommended for the dwellers in the deep.

And I can tell you that treatment didn't work for me at all :?.

I, of course, had a particularly severe case. I don't think anything outside of the big guns was going to clear that up.

Winky on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Are you sure they're zits and not like sebaceous cysts?

this is my worry.

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

hey just becauce you have a job, now that doesn't mean you can't smoke some good ol fashioned weed, hell smoke on the drive to work, then enjoy your morning, and then during lunch, when you start to feel normality hitting you, go smoke another.

it is how i make it through the work day
    what a brilliant idea

i will inform the scientists of this procedure, stat

MikeMan on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I know thos zits Hakks.

Fuck those zits.

Put vitamin E on it followed by a hot compress for 15 minutes every night before you go to bed. They'll stop hurting so much and clear up in a couple of days.

They go away in a couple days anyway.

I've had them last a week, as have my cousins, so for us going away in a couple days is good. Of course, when we get a deep dweller it's usually a monster half the size of a ping-pong ball, so that may make some difference. It may work faster for the smaller varieties.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So Elks dorf died?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm saving all the time

because now, I'm down to one heart

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hakks, you should look at pictures of puppies and other fuzzy animals. It will make you feel better.

i'm watching the Daily Show

and i'm going to tie my hands behind my back so i can stop poking at them

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    lance those fuckers.

open flame

needle

GO

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    It figures that work gets all batshit nuts for a few minutes that I miss stuff like Garfield. I watched the Halloween special with my son the other night. I forgot how scary some of the things looked in that. Some kids who watched that were probably spooked.

Hope Dyr feels better Passer.

I don't think they were talking about that Garfield.

some of us were. then we got warned.

I thought Will was just making a comment to the effect that someone was 12 if they had just watched the Christmas Special? If it was a warning I apologize for bringing the topic back up.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Winky wrote: »

And I can tell you that treatment didn't work for me at all :?.

I, of course, had a particularly severe case. I don't think anything outside of the big guns was going to clear that up.

I figured the 'freaks of nature need not apply' clause was implied here. :P

Passerbye on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    what a brilliant idea

What the fuck smoking weed and driving no.

MrMister on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009

Adding on to this, when making the hot compress, saturate it with warm water, then pour an amount of salt in the washcloth and then soak it in a little bit more water. A saline compress is super fucking excellent at drawing that shit out.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So Elks dorf died?

Elki and Tav. They both have rather decent tombs. I've got a catacombs thing going on under the meeting hall, so all dorfs of SpearClashes may drink to their memory.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Holy fuck that jacket cost 2,200 dollars.

Now I feel poor :(

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It figures that work gets all batshit nuts for a few minutes that I miss stuff like Garfield. I watched the Halloween special with my son the other night. I forgot how scary some of the things looked in that. Some kids who watched that were probably spooked.

Hope Dyr feels better Passer.

I don't think they were talking about that Garfield.

some of us were. then we got warned.

I thought Will was just making a comment to the effect that someone was 12 if they had just watched the Christmas Special? If it was a warning I apologize for bringing the topic back up.

i don't personally think an apology is necessarily warranted. And since I am the global chat mod*, my personal thoughts are law round these parts.

*incognito due to avoid political intrigues

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

But you are rich of heart and soul!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    YES

I FOUND CAVE MUSHROOMS

I'M SAVED

also something just blew out the entire wall and skeletons poured on in

some mega fast shoveling of dirt sealed them away

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    lance those fuckers.

open flame

needle

GO

If the goal is to avoid scars, then I'm going to second the "dermatologist" plan over the "hot needles in your face for fun and profit" plan.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Well at least the cuffs are getting some use then. :P

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So Elks dorf died?

Elki and Tav. They both have rather decent tombs. I've got a catacombs thing going on under the meeting hall, so all dorfs of SpearClashes may drink to their memory.

If Premier kakos dies, he needs to have a giant mausoleum in the middle of a large square in the fortress where dwarfs visit him daily and pay their respects. Oh, and the corpse that is on display must actually be a wax replica and the real corpse is hidden underneath the mausoleum.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Adding on to this, when making the hot compress, saturate it with warm water, then pour an amount of salt in the washcloth and then soak it in a little bit more water. A saline compress is super fucking excellent at drawing that shit out.

It's also super good at drying out the skin and clogging the pores further. Deep dwellers aren't boils, they can be reabsorbed by the body. The hot compress is just "to increase the circulation to facilitate the process", as Doctor Wang (yes, her last name really was Wang) told me years ago.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

you bought a 22 hundred dollar jacket?

... did you hit your head against a wall too many times or something?

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So Elks dorf died?

No invasions yet huh?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    lance those fuckers.

open flame

needle

GO

i can't cause there's no head!

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have an expensive jacket right here for you

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I'm saving all the time

because now, I'm down to one heart

how do you save? i died and lost my huge golden tower. i want to build a golden pyramid now.

if you need health do what i did, find a cave with like 10 pigs in it.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2009
    schwarz45.gif

lulz

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

i don't personally think an apology is necessarily warranted. And since I am the global chat mod*, my personal thoughts are law round these parts.

You do know what happened to the last person that started making statements like that right?

Gonmun on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

oho :winky:

also, I kind of wish I had a TV so I could watch Stewart and [strike]myself[/strike]Colbert at school.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ain't nothin' but a gangsta party
    Nothin' but gangsta party
    It ain't nothin' but a motha fuckin' gangsta party

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

You do know what happened to the last person that started making statements like that right?

please say free puppy

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Borderlands gives me Diablo 2 syndrome

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

It's also super good at drying out the skin and clogging the pores further. Deep dwellers aren't boils, they can be reabsorbed by the body. The hot compress is just "to increase the circulation to facilitate the process", as Doctor Wang (yes, her last name really was Wang) told me years ago.

Sorry, I should have mentioned the obvious. Whenever using a saline compress, moisturise the shit out of the skin afterwards. But osmosis will draw a lot of the shit in zits and cysts out from under the skin and really helps clear them up much quicker. This is what my dermatologist said, although admittedly his last name was Wang.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Except that we know Wally's just kidding and isn't trying to make trouble.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    MrMister wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    what a brilliant idea

What the fuck smoking weed and driving no.
    yeah i was being facetious

it's probably not the best of ideas to come into work reeking of weed

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

i actually do have cuffs!

My cousin gave them to me with the cop costume as my backup halloween costume :P

Hakkekage on
This discussion has been closed.